Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-17-21, 11:41 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I also have taken Jackie's Essentrics-based live Zoom classes and I love her! She is as good as Miranda!
Jackie's cueing is excellent. I will say this, Season14 Episode 1, Miranda is really on target. It's one of her best workouts in awhile in terms of cueing and instructions. I don't mind Miranda because I know what she is trying to say so I go with that. I prefer her videotaped workouts vs the live workouts because she tends to chat less.
Old 11-17-21, 11:50 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I also have taken Jackie's Essentrics-based live Zoom classes and I love her! She is as good as Miranda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Better.
You two are too kind! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Jackie's cueing is excellent. I will say this, Season14 Episode 1, Miranda is really on target. It's one of her best workouts in awhile in terms of cueing and instructions. I don't mind Miranda because I know what she is trying to say so I go with that. I prefer her videotaped workouts vs the live workouts because she tends to chat less.
Thank you Mary. I also like what I see with Season 14 so far.

I love having VFers in my Zoom classes! If you haven't had a chance to try my classes, I'd be happy to send you an invite.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 02:43 PM  
donnamp

My thoughts:

Ellen Barrett - Mindful Movement - 4/5 - I am a big fan of hers and I like most of what is on her site but there are some that are definite "misses" for me, but the price is so reasonable it is worth it for me to continue the subscription. I tend to use her stuff at least a few times a week. Her Studio DVD workouts are on this platform as well. I also like that she has kept the site simple - not a whole lot of recipes and lifestyle stuff that tends to jack up the prices of so many streaming sites. I don't need all that stuff - just workouts, please!! I also appreciate any instructor who does not "close" membership for a period of time - my pet peeve.

Jessica Valent Pilates - 3/5 - I find her Physical Therapy practices to be helpful and useful, but I find a lot of the other content on her site to be somewhat dry and uninspired.

Leslie Sansone/Walk At Home - for me this is a 2.5/5 - I own so much Leslie content it isn't worth it for me to pay for it in a streaming format - but if you don't own much of her stuff or want to try some of her exclusive "advance cuts" and live streams (just started) then this is a good deal for about $5/month - you can also drop in and drop out whenever you want which is a plus!

Blessful Body/Pilates - this is a 2.5/5 - Ky Autumn seems like a nice person but the workouts all feel the same.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - I give this one a 3/5 - I think it is YMMV - thing though - it isn't worth it to me b/c for the amount of yoga I do, You Tube is fine, but if you want a monthly calendar as well as some exclusive content this may be a good value for you at $9.99/month

Trifecta Pilates - this is a tough one - if I were very focused on improving my Pilates practice I would give this a 4/5 - but I tend to use Pilates as a side dish rather than a main course. I have always said, if I get focused enough on Pilates- this is where I would go. The downsides are - it is a pricier site ($30/month) and membership closes during periods of time throughout the year, so that is why I rate it less than a 5/5!

Those are my most recent subscriptions!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 04:41 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
That could be. I also think that the focus is on beginner or new subscribers, so the workouts tend to be very basic, regardless of if it's a newer or veteran instructor.

A couple instructors have also moved on and left Essentrics.
Who is gone? I haven’t seen Meg in a while.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 04:45 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Who is gone? I haven’t seen Meg in a while.
Meg is gone. Hoping she returns but not sure. Sasha is AWOL and I would assume is working on directing/film. Alexa had a baby. Hoping she returns.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 04:46 PM  
momofcha

Currently:
Barre 3 - 5/5. I love it. So many different offerings

Lauren’s playground - 3.5/5 - I wish she would drop me workouts more frequently. She does offer one zoom class/week but I can’t work out in the middle of the day for me

BBOD - 5/5. I have really found my groove here lately. Finished 9WCF and most recently 80DO. Looking forward to 645 and then Job 1. I also know that in January I’ll do another round of 80DO

Essentrics - 4/5. Nothing wrong with it, I just don’t really do these workouts lately.

Old 11-17-21, 04:47 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Meg is gone. Hoping she returns but not sure. Sasha is AWOL and I would assume is working on directing/film. Alexa had a baby. Hoping she returns.
Ah. I liked Alexa too. I haven’t done streaming there in so long. I really should cancel it for right now.

Old 11-18-21, 07:00 AM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post

Movement for Modern Life - 4.5/5 - UK-based yoga streaming service. I have the 50% off for life, so this is a great value and I've discovered many excellent UK instructors that I wouldn't have otherwise. I hope they keep working on the search functions and filters, as I can definitely succumb to analysis paralysis trying to select a practice because there's so much on the site (that's the 4.5 stars versus 5). They add 3 classes/week, which is nice and Kat has been offering some very reasonably priced workshops with a subscriber discount.

Oh, that is a Great deal!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 09:04 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
No, not Meg! I LOVED her. I hope Gail sticks around, I love her workouts. I wish they could get Sasha back, he was awesome.

I hope they come out with some longer advanced workouts soon. I do the same ones over and over. I think I can recite everything that Sahra says in Class of 2012 (now 9 years old!!!).
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 09:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I haven't subscribed to ETV in some time, but I'm sorry to hear Meg left. She was my favorite. I was always hoping they'd put her workouts on DVD.

I wonder what happened?
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming reviews, streaming services