Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-03-21, 06:20 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Karla,
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. It kept me accountable.

I also learned about a few more FIRM workouts I missed along the way.

I will continue on my FIRM workouts during Dec, but will need to scale back to just 2, focused, again, on the sculpting ones. This month is off the charts crazy so far and it's only day 3!
You're welcome! Thank you for joining in.

I'm going to scale back a bit too My daughter is coming in for a visit tomorrow.

I hope to continue on with The Firm because my husband thinks I look a little slimmer and I've been feeling more energetic. However, I am planning a fun, and unique challenge for January.
Old 12-03-21, 06:29 PM  
Karla25

After walking & shopping for hours, I wanted to do a barefoot workout. So I whipped out BOOMERS with Jayne Poteet from its spot on the shelf and pressed play.

Boomers is a gentle aerobic workout that has simple to follow steps. It's good for those brain-dead days. It was rejuvenating -even the hover squats felt good. OMG! Did I just say that? However, from wanting to collapse on the couch when I got home, I'm now ready to start cleaning house.
Old 12-03-21, 07:34 PM  
wendug

Karla- I did a bit of walking and shopping, too! I walked my dogs for an hour in the AM and did a bit of Christmas shopping & grocery shopping in the afternoon. I got home later than planned so only did a 30 min. workout.

Today was Lower Body Sculpt I with Lisa Kay. I've had this for years and never do it. I didn't even remember it when I did it today. Now I know why I never do it because it has a lot of calf work (I already have calves that are too muscular) and 3 sets (!) of leg presses in 30 minutes. I like Jiggle Free Buns much better for a short lower body workout, or Tracie Long's Lift Higher.
Old 12-04-21, 10:18 AM  
DBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post

Fat-Burning Sculpting Ball workout is a 30 minute cardio workout with light toning and ab work -both standing and floor. I did this one barefoot. It's mostly low impact. I had no problem with the few jumps. I like Tina as an instructor
I pulled this one out to use but there was no sound. Other dvds work fine on DVD player. Found “audio” on the dvd menu but there didn’t appear to be anything to select or change under audio. Any thoughts?
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 01:08 PM  
psupam

Thursday was Ultimate Calorie Blaster and yesterday was Jiggle Free Abs. That completes my review of BSS4.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 01:38 AM  
Venus

I needed and took a rest day on Friday. Saturday, I did The Firm: Power Half Hour with Emily Welsh. I thought it moved a bit too fast at times, but I was a bit tired, and it was my first time doing this workout. I think it'll be fine next time...though I probably should have previewed or followed the modifier instead of trying to keep up with Emily. It did go by very quickly and would be good for more high energy days!

I did yoga after:
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Vertigo 15 min
Yoga with Adriene: Third Chakra Yoga- Show Your Gold 39 min

The rest of my pink Firms are mostly cardio. I'm thinking of switching to doing The Firm 2x/week on my cardio days; that would cover the next two weeks. I'm considering doing Cathe or Jane Fonda the other days, but I also have strength workouts from The Firm I would like to do.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 06:19 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I needed and took a rest day on Friday. Saturday, I did The Firm: Power Half Hour with Emily Welsh. I thought it moved a bit too fast at times, but I was a bit tired, and it was my first time doing this workout. I think it'll be fine next time...though I probably should have previewed or followed the modifier instead of trying to keep up with Emily. It did go by very quickly and would be good for more high energy days!

I did yoga after:
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Vertigo 15 min
Yoga with Adriene: Third Chakra Yoga- Show Your Gold 39 min

The rest of my pink Firms are mostly cardio. I'm thinking of switching to doing The Firm 2x/week on my cardio days; that would cover the next two weeks. I'm considering doing Cathe or Jane Fonda the other days, but I also have strength workouts from The Firm I would like to do.
I've only done Power Half Hour once and I didn't like the frantic pace of it. Just because you only have 30 minutes doesn't mean you have to pack as much possible into the workout at a fast pace that could lead to injury. Granted, I didn't preview it before doing the workout, but I don't think I'll do the workout again.
Old 12-06-21, 11:00 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBW View Post
I pulled this one out to use but there was no sound. Other dvds work fine on DVD player. Found “audio” on the dvd menu but there didn’t appear to be anything to select or change under audio. Any thoughts?
That's strange. Wish I could help you, but I've not had that problem.
Old 12-06-21, 11:09 AM  
Karla25

My daughter is visiting, so I haven't been able to work out until this morning. I desperately needed one. We visited the Farmer's Market on Saturday and loaded up on too many homemade goodies. So, each night since, we watch a movie and pig out.

I prefer gentle morning workouts, but knew I needed something to burn calories and something short. I chose Vol. 4 Time Crunch Workout. I skipped adding ankle weights for the standing leg work and only used 8 and 5 lb. weights -except for the lat rows. Now I need a nap!
Old 12-06-21, 03:31 PM  
kat999

I've been feeling kind of drained and exhausted lately, so today I pulled out FIRM Basics Abs, Buns, & Thighs (the red tape with Stacy MC). This is probably my favorite of the Basics. I actually burned well over 200 calories and felt really rejuvenated. I have been doing that tape since it came out (and yes, still on VHS!), and I have basically all the music and cues memorized. I like that this one has lots of familiar faces as backgrounders: Jen Carman, Allie, Tina, and Christa. Great light workout that you can make harder just by increasing your weight sizes.

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm