Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-21, 05:22 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Buying My 1st Spin Bike (Maybe) - Help!

Hi all. I hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving.

I'm thinking about buying this bike: https://www.nfm.com/bowflex-velocore.../59173906.html

I've never bought a spin bike before, so I could use some advice on what to look for. This one looks good to me because of the nice screen, available adjustments, and it has a "leaning mode" which might be pretty cool. It's on sale, too. Are there other factors I should look at before spending $1500? Did you buy a bike in the past and later think, "I should have gotten one that (fill in the blank)?"
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 12:52 PM  
ChelePA

I got a Stryde Bike last March. Love the unlocked screen. Don’t have to pay 40 dollars monthly for Peloton. I just use the app for 13 dollars. It’s a sturdy bike. Volume probably could be better. Speakers towards back but it’s quiet in my basement and I don’t need to wear ear buds My only negative is that the seat needs to be really tightened so as not to slip. Wish it was a pin system. If we had multiple riders, this could be an issue. My husband had to really use some force. You can wear regular sneakers or clip ons. There’s a Facebook group that you can ask lots of questions if interested. I think they’re having a sale of $250 off the bike currently. If you use the peloton app you just have to know how to convert the resistance. A factor of around 15-18 difference. I was cycling years at the Y before I got my home bike. So it’s pretty easy for me to match the instructor where my level is at. I love all the cycling classes they have to offer. Such a variety of music and options for all types of classes. Low impact, beginner, HiiT , hills, etc. Five minutes to 90 minutes etc. Crazy loud instructors to motivational quieter instructors. Something for everyone. The only difference with actually having the peloton bike is you don’t get all the statistics and the leader board, etc. Not some thing I was interested in. if you have any more questions, please let me know.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 05:23 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I haven't looked at your link but a must have for me in a spin bike it handlebars that adjust forward and backwards (not just up and down). It's surprising how many don't do that.
Old 12-02-21, 09:20 AM  
Ann1964

I just ordered a spin bike too.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 02:44 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Ann, congrats on your new bike! What did you get?
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 10:08 AM  
ellaenchanted

I have also been looking at bikes and I have decided it will be between a Stryde or Echelon Ex-3. I don't want a locked screen because it seems like a waste to have to be locked into one platform.

The Stryde has an unlocked screen so you can use other apps like Peloton, Netflix etc. Also, you have the internet browser so you can watch Youtube. It has free ride so you can see all your stats while using other apps. Unfortunately, Google play can be funny on screens larger than 18" which means some apps like Variis may not work well.

The Echelon Ex-3 does not have a screen so you can use your own tablet/device which gives you access to any apps you want. It is also a nice quality bike.

Other non-screen bikes I liked were the Sole FB900 (but no weight holders) and Proform Carbon X . There are also popular cheaper options but I worry about quality. I looked at the Yosuda magnetic resistance bike but it is still around $500 which won't be a bargain if it doesn't last or work well after a short time.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 11:46 AM  
Ann1964

MYXfitness
Said 2 weeks for delivery but betting longer
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spin bike, spin bikes