Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-13-20, 04:35 PM  
Anny

Sandra thanks for the start and the reminder re Bastille Day. The French Film Festival is starting here and I keep meaning to look at films to see if there is one I would like to attend. I often enjoy French comedies.

cyana sorry to hear about the insomnia but no surprise that you slept in that day after the long work hours! FaceTime is good to chat to my granddaughter but I also know that usually I would have flown to Adelaide for several weekends by now. You do what you have to do, right?

Paine with liking about half of CS 13, I think you got a good purchase and your idea to revisit favourites is a good one. I’m so glad you and your grandsons are getting outside to the park, such fun.

Beth the book sale sounds like fun. Do you get much summer rain in your area?

Garrie it’s so cool that you are back teaching classes, albeit small ones.

Linda it is lovely to hear from you. I think we must be opposites as I am so not a home body!

I’ve been continuing with my walks, Joyce for weights and then adding in some cardio or yoga as I feel the need. A not very exciting rotation but it suits my current schedule where, on weekdays, I workout when I get home from work.
Old 07-13-20, 04:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, we usually get a mix of sun and rain this summer, but this summer it has been EXTREMELY dry! It's nice for the opportunity to do outdoor yoga and outdoor dining, but it's been murder on our lawn. In fact, DH was very glad it rained all day Saturday (his birthday!) so that he likely wouldn't have to water the lawn this week. Today it was a downpour that probably lasted no more than 20 minutes.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 05:04 PM  
JustSandra

Hey all!

Got in an XLAW this morning.

Today's Workout: WHFN Flexposture. As I previously noted this is a weird little workout but the kind of thing I like to do every so often. Tomorrow I'm going to try to do its partner, Metaboost.

Linda: Good to hear from you as always! I'm glad that you and Miss MM are entertaining each other, and that you do get to see your guy on at least a somewhat regular basis. Our governor just announced a rollback of our reopening, closing most stores, gyms, restaurants, etc. again. I'm with you in trying to do most of my shopping online. Will need to find out if this latest announcement affects our library offering curbside pickup.

Garrie: Good to hear from you as well! I never saw the original versions of Strong Bear, etc. but I know they had positive reviews. At some point I may ask my VF friend if I can borrow the WHFN Upper Body one, except I'm actually pretty happy with the upper body routines I already have with Jessica, Margaret, Denise (Fitness Fix).

Anny: I so love my outdoor walks -- I would go a little crazy these days if I wasn't able to do them.

Beth: I've never owned/used a Cathe workout long-term either. For a while I did have one of her abs ones, and even did a VF review of it. But overall she's a little hardcore for me.

Cyana and Paine: The penguin video was adorable! I find myself craving happy news too. The story about the young man who worked as a garbage collector getting into Harvard Law School also made me cheer!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 05:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, cool about the blue collar worker getting into Harvard! I think the Cathe I kept the longest was KPC (Kick Punch Crunch). I liked it, but I always felt like I "should" like Cathe more than I actually did; I find her to be a little to scripted. The Upper Body WHFN with Keli Roberts was another I owned for awhile; again, I liked it, but Keli is kind of another "should" instructor for me. (yes I am picky!)

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-14-20, 10:41 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Barre3 Standing Slim (Legs, Arms & Core; Glutes & Stretch segments)
YouTube: Yin Yoga Heart Alchemy Yoga with Michelle Goldstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCv4tagvnXg

I enjoyed the lower body work in Standing Slim. I thought the arm work in Standing Slim was lacking and not much of an upper body workout.

I think Beth had told us about the YouTube practice Yin Yoga Heart Alchemy Yoga with Michelle Goldstein, which I really love. It's very relaxing.

Anny, I think it's great that you are an outgoing person. I'm genetically wired to be a shy introvert. I think I would have more fun if I was outgoing.

Garrie, I liked hearing your thoughts about Cathe's IMAX.
Do you like your teaching job at the rec center more than your job at the book store?

Linda, I like Margaret's Getting Better. I need to pull that one out.

Sandra, yeah that was a wonderful story about the story about the garbage collector who got into Harvard Law School.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 12:31 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I may have mentioned that YouTube yoga practice...but it's not one that I saved! Maybe I got it from lurker Sherry?

I have noticed in Barre3 that sometimes Sadie says how you are getting a great upper body workout...when you are not really doing much with your arms. I have added light weights to some of the workouts even when they don't include them.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-14-20, 04:15 PM  
Anny

Beth what sort of upper body work does Barre3 do? I noticed you did a TA arms segment last week and was wondering if any of the upper body work in Barre3 was similar.

Sandra glad to hear you are enjoying the walks.

Paine that yoga practice sounds like something f I should try as an add-on.

Yesterday I did Taebo Cardio Inferno, one of the ‘later’ Taebo workouts. I didn’t do all 45 minutes but I had fun. And yes, it was a barefoot workout (I workout on carpet).

Today I have a busy work day and a meeting at 6pm so I’m not sure if I will get in a workout. I’ll walk as part of my commute to work, however. Though it has been windy and raining.
Old 07-14-20, 04:29 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, here's an example where Sadie adds light weights:
https://youtu.be/NMyZNnGJljw?list=PL...GUooybGMZE54Wd

It can be somewhat TA-like; sometimes the move are more traditional bicep curls/tricep extensions, just with light weights. There are also a lot of alternating arm moves coordinated with the lower body. That type of work sometimes reminds me of Classical Stretch, but Barre3 generally moves faster and can provide a decent cardio workout at times. Hope your busy day goes okay!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-14-20, 09:32 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

I got in a LAW (Long Aimless Walk, about 1.5 hours) this morning. For

Today's Workout: I *was* planning to do WHFN Metaboost but just wasn't in the mood for it this afternoon. So I did Sandra's Upper Body Premix from Margaret Richard's Beauty To the Bone (the upper body section from Volume 1 plus the back work from Volume 2).

Re our state's reopening rollback, I did hear from the library where I work that we have been approved by the County health department to continue our curbside pickup service. So I still get to go to work. However, all indoor activity at fitness centers has been banned, so my niece will need to move her yoga classes either online or outdoors. She's also worried about her friend who owns a martial arts studio. He had to reclose just when business was picking up after the first shutdown, so he too is trying to figure out outdoor or online classes.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 12:43 AM  
Anny

Beth thank you for sharing that clip. I can are some similarities with TA’s arm work.

Sandra I am sorry to hear about your niece’s work. I’m glad you work at the library is continuing and that you are still managing to get in your walks.