Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-12, 07:18 AM  
isebelleg44

P90x2 Plyocide Question

I am slowly working my way through my P90X2 workouts, to see if they are worth keeping. I am going to do each one once to see if I want to try a rotation. I did X2 Core yesterday and actually liked it. I was annoyed by the long warm up, but it forced me foam roll and the aches and pains I had before the workout are gone. Then I thought the workout was easy, except for those medicine ball jumping push ups...I don't kow if I will be able to do those. But by the end I was a sweaty mess. This workout sneaks up on you. I do still think Core Syngestics is more challenging.

Anyhow, I am doing Plyocide later today and will sub a high step for the chair. I am not sure how high I should go with the high step. Anyone use a high step for this workout?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-12, 08:38 AM  
jcmclean

I used an old firm wooden high step with a fixed height (18"?) that worked pretty well. That dates me and I don't have a high vertical leap.
jcmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-12, 09:28 AM  
lovely4deb
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmclean View Post
That dates me and I don't have a high vertical leap.
No, you're just not saying this correctly. Try to think more generously of yourself.

Just say out loud "I inherited the Firm step..." (say to yourself "from a younger version of myself")

I use this type of thought pattern when silly people ask me "Is that your natural haircolor?"

I say out loud "Of course it is!" (to myself "I paid for it ,so naturally it's mine")

Life is what you make it..make it better
lovely4deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-12, 09:31 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely4deb View Post
I use this type of thought pattern when silly people ask me "Is that your natural haircolor?"

I say out loud "Of course it is!" (to myself "I paid for it ,so naturally it's mine")
That is awesome.
Old 06-26-12, 10:02 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
That is awesome.
+1!

To the OP: I use my regular Club step, only because I get a little worried about the stability of the high step at higher elevations. But, I'm klutzy, and if anyone knocks that thing over, it will be me.
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p90x2