Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-28-20, 05:29 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Perfect 30 Pump Lower Body. I did the preview with the main workout, bonus add-on and extended stretch. I really liked it. No repeats and not a million reps. This one will get used a lot!

Still no word yet from my sister’s doctor and my cousin is still getting worse. They are changing his medication. We are hoping what is happening has something to do with that but we just don’t know.

JBliff - Good thing you chased down the mailman! Glad you enjoyed the yoga workout. I’m thinking of trying one of the workouts on that dvd this morning before going to WW.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 05:44 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Perfect Hiit Pyramid Cardio Hiit Bonus....19 minutes and includes the warm-up and short stretch. Nice little bonus. You can make this one as hard or easy as you want by the step height you use (or can easily use no step) or how much jumping you want to do. It’s pretty basic moves done pyramid style (20 seconds twice, 25 seconds twice,30 seconds once, then back down) and not any complicated step moves. I just used my step platform and did some jumping to try it out. Since I’m not a Hiit fan at all, this bonus premix has probably saved the dvd for me and made it worth keeping for me, it’s about my Hiit tolerance. �� I still haven’t tried either of the main workouts yet. I plan on trying the Low Impact Hiit next week.....can’t guarantee I will ever try High Impact Hiit though. �� Lol. After doing this premix, I did Perfect Flow Mobility Basics. It was okay. Different from anything I already have so that’s good.

My cousin was doing better yesterday. When he woke up in the morning he told his nurse he wanted coffee. He didn’t have that blank stare like the couple days before. The nurse said he couldn’t bring him coffee but he could get him water. Then when my aunt went to visit he knew who she was. My aunt said he is taking him a long time to say what he wants. He’s doing better but he is stlll pretty sick but at least he recognize my aunt again. Still nothing from my sister’s doctor. She is going to call them today and see if she can find out what’s going on.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 06:09 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I'm glad your cousin has improved and knows your aunt now. Continuing to pray for him and your sister.

Gibbee, thinking of you and praying.

Waves to JB and Karen!

I haven't even opened Perfect 30 yet. I hope to download the guide today or tmrw and look over it. I'm thinking about doing in November whatever rotation there is and considering doing the Rowvember challenge Dark Horse Rowing on YouTube has, to row every day of the month. I already know I won't be able to do every day though so can't decide. Plus I haven't rowed in months and wasn't consistent ever so I don't know if I'll get sick of it. Running is off the table right now as my glutes and hamstrings are really flaring up and hurting even with short jogs across the street and just in general. And getting worse, so I gotta get back to lower body PT. Sigh. So far this week on Mon and Tue I did days 2 and 3 of the DYY Anti Back Pain Yoga series and foam rolled Tue and Wed. Going forward for now I will be modifying yoga with props to make sure I am not stretching and irritating my hamstrings. I'm also trying to sit less and hoping our long walks aren't exacerbating anything.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 07:33 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Check in: Good morning, all. Alexandra and I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers. We have had some tough days and I know more are coming. I am just clinging to the joy that he is with his Heavenly Father, whole and happy.

Tuesday I had a horrible tension headache. Yesterday it let up for a bit then came back with a migraine, complete with auras. After the auras passed it was worse and I didn't sleep well last night. I am sure a lot of it is tension. A coworker's wife passed away early Tuesday morning and it broke my heart when I heard the news. Her first name was the same as mine and they were close in age to us. I am so sad for her family.

I've tried working out a time or two, but I've cut back on weights and intensity. I am tired. Period. There is no other word for it. I have recently enjoyed a new-to-me Nick Walk twice this week (Sunday/Tuesday): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsCxdsrV5Fc&t=629s

Monday I tried Perfect 30 upper but very light weights and with mods. My right elbow is still giving me trouble. Saw an ortho Tuesday for it and have a wrist brace to wear to help remind me to use it less - esp since we have a moving project at work now.

This morning I tried P30 Lower Body with no jumping on the lunges (just pulsing). Pretty good. Lifted light and hope to go heavier later.

I am going to admit that I am enjoying shorter workouts when I do manage to drag myself downstairs because of the exhaustion and grief. This is why I like KCM workouts and I am glad Cathe has finally decided to offer something in that realm as the main workout, not just a premix.

I have missed you all so much. I think after this week I will try to get back on the horse and start posting again.

Please have a great day - and do something you love that makes you smile.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 08:19 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Perfect30 Pump upper body with bonus segments + extended stretch. I was able to match Cathe's weights on all the exercises, but my arms felt like spaghetti the rest of the afternoon. I enjoyed the workout a lot. She packed a lot into a very short time.

Gibbee - I am so happy to see your post. We've missed you around here. I am sorry to hear about your headache and elbow issues. Give yourself a break and do something easy at this point in time. I think about you every day and hope you are able to get through the grieving process.

Cher - Good news about your cousin. I hope your sister gets some positive news too.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 07:07 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Gibbee I am so glad to hear from you. Daily you are in my thoughts. Be good to yourself. Don’t expect much from yourself. Grief is hard work and exhausting. It’s good to see you are doing some lower intensity exercise. Just check in when you want to. We are here for you always. Give Alexandra a hug for me.

Today is a rest day. Yesterday I ran 5 miles. As of tonight we are supposed to have a truly cooler spell for a week and I cannot wait.

Vannie a rowing challenge is different. I am like you and don’t think I could finish that. But very interesting. Sounds like a good idea to not run for a while.

Chef glad your cousin is better. Asking for coffee is an achievement! It’s good that you found a Perfect Cardio premix that you like.

Jbliff I am truly impressed that you matched Cathe’s weights on Perfect UB. You are super strong.

Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 07:29 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Perfect30 Low Impact HiiT + Pyramid Hiit bonus + extended stretch. The workout was a lot of fun. Cathe did have some new moves and I liked that the Pyramid segments didn't go at a crazy fast pace.

Karjoy - We're in the 50s today and tomorrow after a week of 70+ degree weather so it's going to be a nice change for us too.

Vannie - Do you have a rowing machine? Bummer about your glutes & hamstring hurting. Can you do the PT exercises on your own?

Hi to Cher and Gibbee.

Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 07:22 AM  
Vantreesta

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! Best day of the year, in my book! I have to admit, though, for some reason this year I am less excited about the trick or treating and still haven't decided on my costume. Maybe it's just the 2020 funk, everything has been so different with our personal stuff and with the world. I am very much enjoying my horror movie indulgences though! By the time I watch all that I have recorded it will be over 100 movies, most if which I'm seeing for the first time!

I can't believe tmrw is November as well as the time change. I better spend some time btwn movies today figuring out my goals and plans for the month!

Gibbee, it's so good to hear from you. I think it's easy to forget that grief affects us physically as well. I am not surprised at your fatigue and headaches but I do hope it is getting some better. Be kind and generous with yourself. I agree with the others, get in gentle movement when you can but your tough workouts will still be waiting for you when you're ready for them again. I'm so happy to hear of Darrell's faith and knowing he can be at peace now. I'm sorry about your coworker's wife.

Cheryl, glad to hear your cousin is improving. I hope your sister has heard from her doctor.

Karen and JB, yes,I have a cheapie orbital arm rower, so not as fun and fancy as a Concept 2 or similar rowers. The free challenge is just to row every day of the month and he emails you a new workout every day. He said in the promo clip that at the end we can see how far we rowed, but that won't include me since mine doesn't have any kind of monitor/computer. It was supposed to have, but I bought mine at the thrift store and it didn't have one. I contacted the company but am out of luck as they don't make that rower anymore. I did go ahead and sign up since it's free, but not sure how it will go. I assumed it would be YouTube workouts but in the latest email he included a sample so now I'm wondering if it's just written workouts. If that's the case I'm kinda hosed since all I can do is go by time, not meters or anything.

JB, yes, I'm just doing exercises I was given in PT the two different periods when I've had to go plus some others I've found for my issues.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 05:54 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Happy Halloween guys! What a beautiful day. Started off at 53 degrees but soon warmed to the mid 70s with beautiful blue skies. I enjoyed a lovely 7 mile run solo. Just felt good to be outdoors.

Vannie I second your enjoyment of Halloween. It is so much fun. We usually have tons of trick or treaters and they should be showing up soon but of course we don’t know how many kids will come by this year. We have a table set up
Out front with packets of candy. DH always gives out candy but this year he is using the honor system to see if the kids will just take one bag from the bowl on the table. He has a sign up about taking just one packet so we will see how it goes. He is watching. Vannie what are your favorite horror movies?
My favorite horror book is Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Truly spooky.

Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote