Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-20, 12:24 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Jeanne, thanks for sharing your special day with us. Your gown is gorgeous! Congrats!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 12:26 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’ve been experiencing a lot of anxiety this week because Sunday I had to have my 15-year old Boston terrier euthanized. I took her to the emergency clinic and I don’t like the staff there but it didn’t seem fair to her to make her wait another day so I could get her in to my regular vet. She had really gone downhill quickly overnight. I thought they would let me in the building for a euthanasia if I was wearing my mask, but they wouldn’t let me in. She’s the only pet I haven’t been with when they’ve been put down and I feel terrible.
Gams, I'm so sorry that you couldn't be with your dog at the end. That has to hurt so much!

(((HUGS)))!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 04:59 PM  
wendug

Jeanne- So nice to read your happy post. You look beautiful in the photos!

Gams- I am so sorry you weren't able to be there for your pet. Just remember you gave her 15 wonderful years of unconditional love.
Old 10-30-20, 05:06 PM  
BigBadBetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’ve been experiencing a lot of anxiety this week because Sunday I had to have my 15-year old Boston terrier euthanized. I took her to the emergency clinic and I don’t like the staff there but it didn’t seem fair to her to make her wait another day so I could get her in to my regular vet. She had really gone downhill quickly overnight. I thought they would let me in the building for a euthanasia if I was wearing my mask, but they wouldn’t let me in. She’s the only pet I haven’t been with when they’ve been put down and I feel terrible.
I am so sorry for your loss. And I am so sad to hear you couldn't be with her at the end.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 07:02 AM  
killoffsonny

Things have definitely changed at my gym. A lot of the instructors and classes that I liked are NO MORE. But they do have a couple of pilates and a couple of yoga classes that I can get to a few times a week. On the days I don't go to the gym I just do Essentrics. Cardio is pretty much just walking or rebounding.
Old 11-01-20, 07:47 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Things have definitely changed at my gym. A lot of the instructors and classes that I liked are NO MORE. But they do have a couple of pilates and a couple of yoga classes that I can get to a few times a week. On the days I don't go to the gym I just do Essentrics. Cardio is pretty much just walking or rebounding.
Becky, I'm curious.
What were the classes that have been cancelled?
Do you know why they stopped altogether and not the pilates and yoga?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 09:47 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, it could have been that some of the instructors didn't feel comfortable going back to indoor teaching. I am now teaching at a new yoga studio because I thought that the old studio wasn't following guidelines. I also know many yoga teachers who have not felt ready to return to indoors, especially with the recent surging case numbers.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 10:04 AM  
fanofladyvols

Beth, I can see that. Just wondering why there might be some types of classes that can't happen...but pilates and yoga could?

Maybe I'm not expressing clearly but seems like either they all could..(in some limited manner) or they all couldn't.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 11-01-20, 10:09 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

No, Linda, I knew what you meant (ie, maybe they can't have some of the more active classes?), I was just offering an alternative. I do have a yoga teacher friend who also teaches at a yoga gym. She offers "Centergy" classes, which are more active, and they are still holding those. That's partly why I wondered if it was more about the staff than the classes themselves.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 10:29 AM  
fanofladyvols

Oh ok..well it is puzzling to me if it's a mass exodus of certain styles as opposed to individual teacher's responses to protocols.

Tags
coronavirus, covid, covid-19, exercise routines, pandemic