Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-06-20, 07:16 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post

tangerine - I hope taking it a little easier on your body has the effects that you're looking for.

I wish everyone a safe, healthy, happy weekend.
Thanks Char! I'm seriously frustrated with it, nothing seems to work (diet or exercise wise). Probably the stress of everything right now is not helping matters.

I'd be okay with staying the same or up a couple of pounds but a steady climb is not my goal.

AnMrsDe, how awesome that you're still rockin' those tough workouts! Way to go.

Chrys, sounds like you had a good visit.

Hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 11:15 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, Cher & tangerine! I am feeling really good this month!! I really look forward to my workout time, whether it be a kick-butt workout or some delicious yoga... I hope that continues for years and years!!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this beautiful weather!!!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 11:51 AM  
T2B

tangerine - every time I see Skip Day I envision you skipping throughout your day. Are you?

AnMrsDe - Hi there, thanks for the reminder about TWD. I didn’t realize it was returning so soon. I set my DVR but for some reason it didn’t record so I will catch it sometime this weekend. I’m not watching live, have to watch Fargo and Lovecraft Country on Sunday nights. Great workouts! I looked at the workout you linked a couple of days ago. Looked hard and way too many burpees (and I love burgess mostly).

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 04:59 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
tangerine - every time I see Skip Day I envision you skipping throughout your day. Are you?
Haha, wish I was! I wasn't sure what to call the days between workouts - rest day doesn't seem right so I settled for skip day, like this is a day I am choosing to skip working out. I thought of 'off day' but that just makes me sound like I am going off like an overripe fruit or something..
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 12:37 PM  
T2B

tangerine - it’s cute, makes me smile every time I read it. For me a rest day means I plan to move as little as possible. Lol at off day too.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 10:27 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Not much done workout wise this week. We did a dog walk this morning. The wildfire smoke came back, so I spent most of the week with a terrible headache. Work is still stressful - we have to give all the seniors the SAT test (they need it for graduation) on the same day that we give the PSAT to juniors/sophomores. Planning all of that is a nightmare!
Tangerine, I like the term skip day. It mskes the day sound happy
T2B, my rest days are like yours.
AnMrsDe, our beautiful weather is turning. Mountain snow is forecasted this weekend
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 05:31 AM  
Cher

Clerkin, that’s a really good amount of steps for only 5 days!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 03:49 PM  
clerkin11

Thank you Cher!!
I'm actually feeling really good with all the walking. And my dogs are loving it too! They love to ride to and from the canal with their heads out the window enjoying the breeze and the smells Some days it's so cold but the looks on their faces make me so happy!!

I subscribed to IDTV but haven't done any workouts or meditations yet.
You and AnMrsDe are inspiring me!!
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 10:10 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a treadmill walk tonight. Testing yesterday was doubly exhausting, because there were 2 tests. It's the only time this has ever happened - the SAT was cancelled in the Spring, and the (now) Seniors need it for graduation. I hope we never have to do PSAT and SAT on the same day again - it's too much!
Clerkin, walking dogs is the best!
Hi, Cher!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 09:10 AM  
AnMrsDe

Chrys, that sounds so exhausting! Bet you're glad that day is over!

Clerkin, Yay, you tried an IDT class, LOL! But don't feel bad about getting antsy in a yin class....I am antsy for EVERY yin class! They are just not my favorite kind of practice esp. the 60 min. ones....so, don't give up!!
Cher, any wisdom from you for being able to stay in the poses?

Jane, are you taking a "skip" month instead of a "skip" day? Seriously, I hope your calf isn't the issue and you're doing fine, just busy! Please check in!

CharM, you are not an idiot, OK? Maybe just not cut out for Tonique is all! And I sure don't need that aggravation either! I stay clear of those dread-inducing overuse workouts that cause my joints to give out and not be able to walk for a few days...say nothing about the anxiety it brings on!!! Throw them in the "SASE" pile and be done!! You crack me up!!!

T2B, great job getting in some PM workouts to boost your step count! I would be so awful about that...once I hit the couch after dinner, I'm SO done! (Esp. this week with all the YARD MAX I've been doing, haha!//No frost here last night like was predicted...but it is CHILLY this morning!

TGIF! Hope you all have a great weekend!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts