Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-27-20, 07:51 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 07:36 AM  
allgirlsinaz

No plan this month.

1. Caroline Girvan Abs and Glutes with band; Caroline Girvan Glute Booty Band
2. nothing
3. Kaleigh Cohen Fitness 45 min ride #40
4. nothing
5. KCM Boxfit #2
6. Fit by Larie LB Strength Glutes and Hamstrings
7. SSoD Crazy Cardio Core 30 min ride
8. nothing
9. nothing
10. AngieFitnessTV Cardio Step/Kickbox/HiLo/Hamstrings/Tricep/Glutes/Shoulders/Core
11. Kaleigh Cohen Fitness Team Sprint Rhythm Ride 45 min ride # 43
12. Healthy Fit with Ty 45 min HIIT with Weights
13. 2.91 mile walk
14. Sydney Cummings Arms & Abs
15. SSoD 30 Min Maximum Burn II
16. nothing
17. Heather Robertson Total Body Hiit with Weights, no jumping
18. SSoD Meditation Ride 40 min
19. CDorner Fitness Arms and Shoulders
20. Kaleigh Cohen Fitness 40 min ride #46
21. Fit by Lari Cardio and Core
22. Heather Robertson Total Body Strength
23. nothing
24. SSoD Mid-Time Ride 60 min
25. Angie Fitness TV Push/Pull cardio sculpt
26. nothing
27. The Gym Box 30 min ride with Jenni
28. MACfit shoulders and cardio

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 08:25 AM  
bex

~~ October 2020 ~~

Just find a way to fit it in

1 - Gilad's Quickfit Classic Cardio (first 10 mins), Zyrka Landwijt Gentle Vinyasa Flow B (1 hour). I don't think I"d ever done the QF Classic Cardio before, and after 10 mins I could see why. I've just never been a fan of classic low impact floor aerobics. But it was 10pm, I was warmed up, and ready to do something else. The B series of Gentle Vinyasa Flow is seemed new, I think I've only done the A sequence before. I liked it a lot, and it hit the right spot for a late-night workout.
2 - Cardio Coach v2R on elliptical, Zuzka ZWOW #2 (about 10 mins, just to try it out), Stretch Max 3 (with the band). Had a fantastic time just going for it with Cardio Coach - no need to be careful and keep it moderate, and I really went for the challenges. Got my HR way up there and felt fantastic. Then I had a ZWOW downloaded on my iPad, and I thought it was one of the beginner ones, but No. Not going to do that after my full out HIIT, but with modifications, maybe I could work my way up.
3 - Zuzka ZCut Cardio warmup, ZCut Strength Workout 1, ZCut Cardio Cooldown. I wanted to try some of Zuzka's more basic workouts on her website, but the internet was patchy and I knew it stopping and starting would just annoy me. So I went for it. And y'know, it's really doable. Sure, I do the pushups from my knees and I only made it through 5 man makers in the 2nd set instead of 10. But I can do this. Was a happy, sweaty mess afterwards.
4 - Gin Miller's Step Reebok: The Video, Zuzka ZCut Cardio Workout 1, ZCut Cardio Cooldown. Inspired by the thread about your first step workout, I went back to the source. Yes, my body remembers the moves and it was a fun, easy sweat. When we got to the cooldown, I paused it and tried Zuzka (SCARY, but did it my way). I don't need to do every single rep that Zuzka does, but I did most and I was a sweaty happy mess by the end. Then I went back to Step Reebok for cooldown and finally added on Zuzka's for the stretch. I never used to mix and match like this, and I missed out. Having so much fun now.
5 - Travis Eliot's Yoga Foundations 3. I'd been working on my computer all day, and at 11pm my body told me it really needed some yoga. Wow, I can't remember when I've chosen a workout that so perfectly matched what my body was craving. Every stretch, every pose was held for just the right amount of time. I feel alive, centered, stretched, and ready for bed.
6 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Gilad's Quickfit Cardio Strike, Quickfit Shoulders & Arms. I wanted some easy cardio, and I guess Cardio Strike fit the bill, but halfway through it I was wishing I'd chosen Ilaria. Anyway, I enjoyed sweating and moving, and Shoulders & Arms was a good time-effective muscle toasting. And it's good for me to not go all out every time. Even though I want to.
7 - Bike ride (45 mins total) Tired and with some feeling of a head cold. Took a nap, played games on my phone and chilled.
8 - Bike ride (45 mins total), Jenny Ford's Zombie Step (SCARY ), Zuzka's Bunny Slope Workout #1. So I thought I'd try the Bunny Slope workouts to see just how much easier they are. And the answer is - a LOT. These are true beginner workouts. The nice thing is that at 11 weeks post surgery I felt ready to try some abs exercises, and they're just about the right level for me now.
9 - Bike ride (1 hour total).
10 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Zuzka Bunny Slope Workout #2, Eoin Finn's Pure & Simple Yoga . Thought maybe the Zuzka Bunny Slope workouts would grow on me. Nope, still not challenging enough to be interesting. But again, the abs section is good for where I am now. I think this Eoin yoga practice was also a virgin, which is part of my “let’s just try it” approach these days. I liked it fine, but I think I'll need to be in a particular mood to reach for this one.
11 - Montenegro Method Endurance Workout 1, Zuzka KB Workout 1 (1 circuit only), Zuzka Cooldown. I thought Montenegro Method would be easier than Zuzka, but I think it came out the same - because I can do everything, so I do. Then I tried the KB workout as a finisher and many of the moves were the same, so after one circuit I was done. Definitely worked my BOOty and got a good sweat on.
12 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Zuzka KB Workout 2, Travis Elliot's Gentle Yoga (30 mins) (YT). First time doing KB swings since my surgery! My spirit wanted to do more but I think the short workout was just right for my recovery. Travis's stretches felt great after a very long day sitting at my laptop.
13 - Bike ride (1 hour total). Tired, emotionally jangled and feeling like I'm coming down with a cold. Went to bed at 9:30pm.
14 - Bike ride (1 hour total). Still having trouble fitting it all in.
15 - Bike ride (1 hour total).
16 - Rest.
17 - Bike ride (45 mins total) Cardio Coach v2 on elliptical, FIF KB Workout 1, Stretch Max 3 (with the band). I was regretting that I haven't been fitting in any workouts other than bike rides, but I sailed through Cardio Coach today and had enough gas in the tank afterwards for a short KB workout. So I guess I'm getting fitness back after all.
18 - Megamad Essentials Workout 1 (KB/BW), Travis Eliott Yoga Foundations #3. MM Essentials is a virgin that I'd totally forgotten I had, and somehow I remembered it yesterday and got the urge to try it out. It's a good basic workout and made a very nice warmup for yoga. I'm totally infatuated with YF #3, and tonight might have been my best practice ever. Just so right for where I am right now.
19 - Bike ride (1 & 1/2 hour total).
20 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Megamad Essentials Workout 2 (BW), Udaya Lie Down & Stretch. I resisted working out until late, but the MM Essentials workout was particularly short, so it seemed doable. I got a light sweat, some stretching. Glad I did it.
21 - Rest.
22 - Bike ride (1 hour total).
23 - Bike ride (45 min total).
24 - Movewith Rise & Shine with Amy (Audible yoga practice). My first time trying an audio only yoga practice, and it worked pretty well. I have a bunch more for free on my Audible subscription, and I look forward to trying them out.
25 -Rest. Just didn't feel like doing nothin'. And ya know, that's ok too.
26 - Bike ride (30 mins total), Movewith Gentle Morning Flow with Kitty (Audible yoga practice). It was 10:30pm and I hadn't done anything, so tried another audible yoga practice. Because they're so basic, they don't introduce any dread and then at least I've done *something*.
27 - Bike ride (1 hour total)
28 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Zuzka KB warmup, Iron Core KB (1 circuit only), Movewith Bedtime Yoga Slow Down, Be Present (Audible).
29 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Eoin Finn's Blissology Thursday Practice - Quickie. I remembered the practice as having longer holds, but maybe that was the full version. Will have to try that one soon.
30 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Caroline Girvan's Beginner EPIC Series 5 min warmup, Day 1 Lower Body, Day 2 Upper Body (First 60%). Wowza! After finishing the Lower Body workout I thought that was fun, let's do Upper Body too. By 10 minutes in I was dripping sweat. Guess I'll need to work up to finishing the whole thing.
31 - FIF KB Series warmup, Montenegro Method Strength Workout 2, Montenegro Method Strength Workout 1 (75%), Slim & Limber. Can't believe I made exactly the same mistake two days in a row. I chose MM Strength 2 because it's LB and it was challenging but doable. So I thought, the Strength 1 workout is UB and it's only 16 mins, let's tack that on. Hah. It's compound moves, and by the time I was half way thorugh I was red faced, drenched with sweat and rewinding to give myself an extra 30 secs rest between sets. Got to 12 mins and I was just toast. Thank heavens for the familiarity of Slim & Limber, it always brings me home.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 08:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

~~~ OCTOBER ~~~

Autumn Hikes and Pumpkin Spice

1 - Rodney Yee, Yoga for Flexibility - Neck & Shoulders; 4,771 steps.

2 - MR Good 'N Strong, vol. 2 workout 1; 50 mini ball crunches; Felicia Tomasko Ayurvedic Detox: Pigeon Hip Series; evening walk (1.17, 25); 6,467 steps.

3 - One mile walk at river boardwalk and one mile at community track; GYM for 15 minutes recumbent bike, chest, back, cable machine PT and leg presses; 10,432 steps.

4 - Long beach walk; stretching and inversion; 9,094 steps.

5 - Jane Fonda Walkout Level 1; Zoom yoga class focusing on the psoas (first of four); 7,001 steps.

6 - Pre-walk yoga/PT routine; lunch walk (1.57, 34 mins); 30 butt bridges; 8,614 steps.

7 - 50 box climbs; Winsor 20 Minute Workout; Felicia Tomasko, Ayurveda to Ring Out Old, Invite In New (Glo); 5,067 steps.

8 - Nothing formal - just made it a point to move around more at work; 6,203 steps.

9 - Stretch, inversion, and evening walk (1.56, 27 mins); 6,577 steps.

10 - Pre-walk PT and stretch; 40 butt bridges; beach walk; 8,713 steps.

11 - Beach walk with DH (2.44, 65 mins); GYM for cable machine PT, lower body, chest and back;15 minutes treadmill; 60 box climbs; 11,540 steps.

12 - Second of Zoom yoga class on releasing the psoas; 5,155 steps.

13 - Ellen Barrett's 20 minute WW walk; Tias Little, "Tech Neck" (Glo); 5,806 steps.

14 - Tiffany Cruikshank, "Balance the Nervous System" (Glo); 4,715 steps.

15 - "Core Basics for the Active Beginner" Pilates with Kit Rich (Glo); 5,259 steps.

16 - Lee Holden Healthy Digestion; "Mild Movement" restorative yoga with Jo Tastula; 5,213 steps.

17 - Nothing formal; 6,509 steps.

18 - Beach walk (2.05, 54.40 mins); quick gym workout for PT, leg presses, chest and back; 9,074 steps.

19 - Third Zoom yoga focusing on the psoas; rest; 5,038 steps.

20 - Bellyfit Shakti Warrior lesson 2, Root Down; 5,038 steps.

21 - Began Lee Holden's Tao Yin Level 1 program on Glo with "Awaken Your Qi); 5,584 steps.

22 - Bellyfit Shakti Warrior lesson 1, Embody and Activate; 4,740 steps.

23 - PT, stretch and evening walk; 7,671 steps.

24 - Tao Yin 1-2, "Rooted and Resilient"; beach walk with DS; 11,166 steps.

25 - Attended a two hour restorative yoga workshop on Zoom; 6,905 steps.

26 - Kia Miller, Morning Kundalini (Glo); Shakti Warrior lesson 3, Free Flow; fourth and final class in psoas series; 7,740 steps.

27 - MR Good 'N Strong, Vol. 2 workout 2; my own psoas and stretch session; 5,885 steps.

28 - Nothing formal; 5,680 steps.

29 - Jane Fonda's Firm & Burn Doo-Wop workout (so fun); my own deep stretches and 50 mini-ball crunches; also tried VF'er Beth/Toaster's guided Leaves in the River meditation. Loved it!! Also got 8,053 steps.

30 - Yin and yoga nidra livestream with VF'er YogaPam and 7,932 steps.

31 - My own restorative sequence with a bolster; 5,156 steps.

9 of 8 .... Yoga - hatha, yin, restorative
1 of 3 ....... Yoga - Kundalini yoga
2 of 5 ....... Pilates
0 of 2 ....... KCM
2 of 4 ....... Margaret Richard
1 of 2 ....... Ellen Barrett
0 of 2 ....... Kathy Smith
2 of 2 ....... Jane Fonda
2 of 2 ....... Lee Holden
5 of 4 ....... Gym (3), Shakti Warrior (2)
7 of 12 ..... Walks outdoors
1 of 1 ....... Dump, stow or keep (dumping it - Yee's Yoga for Flexibility)
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 09:26 AM  
shoegoddess

OCTOBER 2020

1. *****
2. *****
3. *****

4. *****
5. Lower Body Strength (freestyle)

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 12:23 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

October

I'm going to be taking a break from my usual routine--re-assessing my workouts & what my fitness goals are at this point. No injury, illness or crisis; just need a change of pace. So no check-ins for a bit, but I'll be back soon!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 01:55 PM  
clerkin11

October!!

1) morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe Live Compound Giant Sets Light Weight, evening walk 45 minutes - I haven't done this Cathe in a while but it was in my favorites. It's 4 rounds of compound exercises using lighter weights with some standing abs at the end. It was metabolic and fun and could easily be cut down to 2 or 3 rounds if you were short on time.
2) rainy day so no morning walk, LMOD Body Combat 82 - fun workout but they are always pretty fun!
3) morning walk 40 minutes, evening walk 45 minutes
4) rest day
5) morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe Live Push/Pull Heavy Weights - I liked this one - a little slower pace with heavier weights, total body and only 45 minutes! Evening walk 30 minutes
6) morning walk 30 minutes, lunch walk 30 minutes, evening walk 30 minutes
7) morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe Live Hooked on PHA 288, evening walk 30 minutes
8) morning walk 30 minutes, lunch walk 30 minutes
9) morning walk 30 minutes, lunch walk 30 minutes, evening walk 30 minutes and YAY the week's Step Challenge is over. Over the 5 days, I got 62,723 steps!!! For me, that's really good!!
10) walk 45 minutes
11) walk 60 minutes
12) morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe Live Bootcamp Heavy Weights, evening walk 30 minutes
13) morning walk 30 minutes, evening walk 40 minutes
14) morning walk 30 minutes, IDTV Foundations (yin yoga), evening walk 40 minutes. - I finally did an IDTV workout. I really have to work on my patience. I liked the class, but I get antsy in any position too long (except shavasana),
15) morning walk 30 minutes, lunch walk 40 minutes
16) rest day - just super tired and lazy
17) mid day walk 60 minutes
18) afternoon walk 50 minutes plus Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets 2 - what a burner that class is!!
19) morning walk 30 minutes, Winsor Butt & Thighs and Candlelight Yoga at lunch - I love candlelight yoga! It's an old one, but it has a little bit of everything and I really enjoy it.
20) warm up from Cathe Lite Rumble workout, Heather FIT CardioKickboxing on youtube, Cathe Extended Stretch and PopSugar 5 minutes standing abs - fun and a nice big calorie burn
21) morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe Live Fit Tower Light Total Body - perfect for today! Easier than some other Cathe's, but still challenging for me with with the high reps.
22) Morning walk 30 minutes, lunch walk 45 minutes
23) morning walk 45 minutes
24) rest
25) morning walk 50 minutes
26) Cathe Intermediate Step workout plus the new Cathe Lower Body Strength - I loved the new workout!! It was higher weight, moderately paced, no repeats. I think I'll be able to use it a lot.
27)
28)
29)
30)
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 02:50 PM  
CabCalloway

Rocktober it is!
CabCalloway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 08:27 PM  
amg

October