Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-29-20, 08:28 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Jessica's Strictly Strength. It's been raining here all week, which cuts out the outdoor walks. It's supposed to be clear tomorrow, but it's starting to get colder. On Sunday night it's supposed to go into the 20s.

Cynthia, I hope you feel better! Rest is good.

Diana, if you could afford it, it sounds like you would get more use out of the regular gym.

Hoping Lynn and Linda are doing well!

Cheryl
Old 10-29-20, 08:47 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I am sore from strength training, yesterday. LOL

Cheryl I agree. The good thing about using the insurance thing is that you can stop it at any time, where as you can't through the gym. With the senior center you pay when you go in there for one month at a time. Either way you don't really lose. But, yesterday I was thinking about going to the gym and ended up doing strength on my own, LOL. In reality, by the time I get dress, drive down there to the gym, get checked in, and literally drive back home I could probably get a strength training workout in. But, like today, it rained all day so I didn't walk outside. I probably need to get back to basic cardio stuff in the house, when needed.

I hope everything is OK with Lynn. She hasn't checked in for a few days.

Tomorrow is DH's birthday. He want's to go to the Japanese steakhouse, where they cook in front of you.

My phone has been having issues w/storage. I am running out of storage so certain features are having problems. To help, I decided to print out my pictures so I could delete them and free up space. I went to the store to have the pictures printed today. It freed up less than 1% space. I am still 98% full. I have no other pictures, videos, downloads, etc. I guess it's full from system updates. Also, I don't have many apps. I have a lot less than other people. It looks like I am going to have to get another phone some time soon.

No workout to report. Spent time dealing with the pictures and house stuff. Usually I have to do the kids stuff on Tuesday but they asked to change it to Friday (tomorrow).

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 06:54 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

I didn't do a workout yesterday. I still try to get my steps in daily. Last night I was short of my step goal so I kept marching and moving around until I got all my steps in.

Last night: Basic Stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-30-20, 09:19 AM  
lynnf

Hi, sorry to be MIA. Stressful issues at work and I wasn't working out. But things have calmed down and I did barre 3 45 minutes. My mom is doing ok, but recovering very slowly. She still is on oxygen and can only walk a few steps and can't do anything (like dress, go to the bathroom) without help. Her Medicare coverage at rehab is running out. Meantime dad at home was sleeping really badly (waking up 7 times a night) without mom there so they had to medicate him more. Now he is really slow during the day and has trouble managing the stair lift, which is an issue since the home is on 3 levels. So now we think we may have to move them into an apartment on a single floor if/when mom gets out of rehab. On the plus side, with dad medicated more he doesn't hit the aides any more. So that situation is pretty stressful too.

Diana, sorry about your uncle. Have a nice birthday dinner with DH. And yes, sometimes you need to get a new phone with more storage. Check to see if you can take off something you don't need. Look at your settings and see what it taking up all the storage.

Linda, I see your surgery is scheduled, so that is good news, though it sounds like the date isn't the best for you.

Cynthia, hope you are feeling better. Are you sure that the sinus headache isn't actually a migraine? I used to confuse them.

Cheryl, what are your Halloween plans? We decided not to give out candy and follow the CDC on this.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 12:42 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Question

On Wednesday I did T-Tapp plus back, biceps and shoulders and some legs with the man on Kik. His biceps are interfering with eating and shaving and he still wants them bigger.

Yesterday I did Yoga for Weight Loss and triceps and legs on my own.

Today I want to use the rowing machine for cardio and the bike for fun.

Cynthia, I hope you're feeling better.

Cheryl, its getting cooler here today. I got a little rain yesterday but not enough. I wouldn't mind two weeks of steady rain. I need to look at Heather's channel.

Lynn, sorry you're dealing with so much stress.

Diana, Happy Birthday to the man! You can get good strength workouts at home with DVDs and YouTube unless you need the poundage and people at the gym.

The friend who took Jerry to chemo will take me to surgery that Monday and bring me home. My sweetie will finish up work Wednesday morning. He'll either come here after work or sleep first and come up that evening. I hate when he drives three hours after working twelve hours all night. Between his days off and vacation he'll have fourteen days off. Maybe he'll be here for five days to help me. Tomorrow is one year since we met in person. We messaged and texted a day or two before we met. I don't remember but I know it wasn't very long.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 06:00 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, lots of stress! Glad the work calmed down. There is no way for me to mistake sinus for migraine. They are quite different for me. Migraine affects my vision with an aura. Sinus is in my, er, sinuses; a decongestant gives relief. My ENT prescribes an antibiotic ointment for me to swab into my nose for a week whenever the sinuses act up. This happens nearly every month. I probably waited longer than I should have, to start this time. But it always works and doesn't turn into bronchitis, which is what used to happen before the ointment regime.

Took an ambling walk outside, nothing scenic, in the chiropractor office neighborhood while I waited for my appointment. Then I needed a nap when I got home. But I'm feeling a lot better, very nearly all better.

Diana, my iphone kept warning me about storage, and I don't have a lot of pictures stored. I bought more storage space for 99 cents a month. There is no way I'm going to a gym during the pandemic. Like swimming in a petri dish.

Linda, will keep praying for you, especially Monday.

Cheryl, it was under 50* for a while today and I bundled up with sweatshirt and fleece vest. I've never been to Nashville - sounds like a 4 seasons kind of place. You probably know that there are lots of Leslie 1-mile walks on youtube.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 09:02 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia I think it's more like memory for the OS (operating system). The whole thing is almost at 100% without any additional pictures, etc being on there. We actually back up to a gmail account so we can use that for pictures, videos, etc. I have an android not an iphone. My friend says she can't back up to a gmail account for storage so she has to buy additional storage. I'm not sure if you can back up to a gmail account with an iphone. She is not tech savvy so I don't know if that is accurate.

No workout to report. Had a crazy day. We prepped for our class but everything went wrong. The kids didn't know it because we pulled through. But the whole day was crazy for me and my partner.

I did get my steps in.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-31-20, 08:37 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Diana and Cynthia, go into Settings, Apps, on you phone and delete your cache. See if that helps.

Diana, I'm with Cynthia. Stay out of the pool! Think twice about using equipment at the gym. Be safe and stay home.

Today is a year since I met my sweetheart. Last night I was laying on the bed with Meow, reading.There was a very loud knock on the bedroom window. Only one person knocks like that! He drove 3 hrs to surprise me for our anniversary. He brings roses everytime he visits but this time he brought roses mixed with tea roses🌹🌷 and a beautiful card. He's on his way home. He wants to workout before he goes to work tonite.

I'll do cardio or something later. It's early to even think about working out.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 08:59 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Linda That is so sweet and romantic.

I did this same thing last night. I didn't do a workout yesterday. I still try to get my steps in daily. Last night I was short of my step goal so I kept marching and moving around until I got all my steps in.

Last night: Basic Stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-31-20, 09:49 AM  
Diana3271

Getting us started on the new month: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...51#post2896451

LM Combat 02/13

Diana