Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-20, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Sorry in advance for the quick post - I have had a few busy days here...

Today was:

Gina B - Dance That Walk - Circuit Walk # 2 - I did one segment of cardio & upper and one segment of cardio & lower.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Yoga for Hips and Lower Back.

Gina's workout was fun. She posted a Halloween workout on her You Tube channel, I think I will do that tomorrow.

Also, I'm so relieved that DD and I did not go to the horse rescue on Sunday - we got an e-mail from the volunteer coordinator - and a staff member has tested positive. They are now mandating masks and social distancing - which they were not doing previously. It seems these days everyone has to learn the hard way......

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 09:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 57 minute walk and that was it. I never got around to the barre3 workout. The lunch was postponed thankfully. One of our friends' daughter got married over the weekend at a 150 people indoor wedding! What are people thinking?? Long story short, some of the people attending the wedding may have been exposed to covid through a family member (who tested positive) who didn't attend but still. They could have it and could have spread it to everyone at the wedding. Our friend's daughter told her she shouldn't be going out with other people, she should get a covid test and stay home until she gets the results! Why does a grown woman even have to be told to do that? She should have figured that out for herself.

It's raining right now but I think it will hopefully clear up later for a walk. Maybe I'll get to do a barre3 too.

PAT, well done on getting to your Margaret workout. I sometimes do the hamstrings standing too. I'm scared of Sculpture. Looking forward to your thoughts on it. I'm hoping to get to some MR too one of these days.

DONNA, wow you had a near miss on exposure too. When will people get it?

Hi ROSE.

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 08:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Gina B/You Tube - Halloween Themed Walk/Dance - this was fun!!
Jessica Valent - Pilates for Hip Pain

Yesterday I added on CS 1028 and an outdoor walk

I'm so glad we didn't go to the horse rescue on Sunday. I would have been freaking out. I know they are not that careful b/c they looked at my DD and I like we had 3 heads for wearing masks! Now they are mandated and the volunteer program is closed. So sad b/c probably w/ proper precautions that didn't have to happen.

I still don't know what I want to do in Nov. I was thinking of Jessica's Fit for the Holidays...but not sure....I can't decide if I want structure or no structure.

Summer Breeze- it seems like there is a huge lack of common sense out there these days - and, unfortunately, it can lead to negative consequences for innocent people. I'm all for live and let live, but there is a time when you have to consider how your actions impact others and if you are awaiting COVID test results, it seems the most courteous thing to do would be to self isolate until you know the results.

Waves,

Donna
Old 10-29-20, 08:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[I]Hi all !!

Yesterday I tried a couple of barre3 workouts but just wasn't feeling it so I did Jessica's Barre Fitness - floor barre routine and a 50 minute outdoor walk. Today is a washout so I'll have to find a good indoor workout.

DONNA, you always work out so consistently and with such variety that I'm sure whatever you decide to do in November will be good. For some reason I'm feeling drawn to Pahla B today but we'll see what happens. ETA -- and I agree with you that people need to be considerate of others and use common sense. Too bad a similar situation happened at the horse rescue. A simple thing like a mask could have made a huge difference.

Hi PAT & ROSE.

Have a great day everyone!!/I]
Old 10-30-20, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening after work I did CS 1030 - Stress Relief. No walk due to the rain.

Tomorrow will be a rest day of sorts - my DD is participating in another horse show and that will be a full day - I will be on my feet and walking around for much of the day. Sunday may be a rest day, too, to recover from the long day - or maybe a Yoga day.

I haven't totally figured out what I want to do for November. I listened to Pahla's talk about exercise motivation and one thing she mentions is having a plan. So, that got me thinking about coming up with something a little more focused than what I have been doing...which is bouncing around.

Also, unfortunately, I think Pahla's workouts may be a culprit in some of the hip tightness I experience - I did a few of her workouts the past week or so and noticed the tightness creeping back in. I'm not sure what it is exactly about them that does that....but that is what I suspect. I may have to do more experiments to find out.

Today has been:

Blissasana Yoga - You Tube - Morning Mobility Practice - I really enjoyed this one, lovely scenery. I will have to do more from this You Tube channel. She also has a paid site that is reasonable (9.99/month) and looks to have some nice workouts incldued.

Jessica Valent - Lift those Buns Pilates - Jessica is almost like PT to me, which I guess makes sense since she is a PT.

Probably no walk today - bad weather - and I probably should do some housework during my break today, anyway.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! I may not be back until Sunday/Monday depending on this horse show......

Donna
Old 10-30-20, 08:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Since it rained all day yesterday, I did KCM's New You Coming premix that runs through the exercises one time only. This dvd is an oldie, before her 30 MTF series, so the premix was still well over 30 minutes.
Good Stuff. Hopefully the rain stops later today and I can do a walk.

Waves to all! Have a great day!!
Old 10-30-20, 08:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! TGIF!!!

It was sleeting on my drive to work this morning, but now a pretty light snow is falling. I love being able to see it from my office window.

Wednesday I did not accomplish anything formal, but kept active at work and got over 5,000 steps.

Yesterday I did two meditations - VF'er Beth/Toaster's guided Leaves in the River followed by Templesounds 11 Minute Chakra Tune-Up. For my workout I did the Doo-Wop routine from Jane Fonda's Firm & Burn, it was so fun. Followed by 50 mini ball crunches and stretching.

Summer Breeze, I used to have NYC. It's a very good workout.

Donna you are a supportive Mom! You totally deserve a rest day on Sunday.

Rose - I am coming to grips with the fact my family is not going to gather for Thanksgiving. My area was doing well but we are now spiking back into the red zone. My DH is not even coming home because we can't feasibly do TG outdoors. I understand that he is taking an abundance of caution so as not to expose the old geezers to anything, especially since he works at a plant with a lot of guys who are too masculine to mask up if you know what I mean. I wish you peace with whatever you and your family decide.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 10:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 50 minute outdoor walk when the rain finally stopped in the afternoon. It was chilly though. Time for the hat, scarf and gloves to come out. Last night went into the 20s overnight so I'm holding off on my walk until this afternoon.
Maybe Callanetics?

PAT, some parts of NJ had snow but we didn't get any where I am. I've never meditated, maybe I should try out Beth's meditation. Thanks for linking it.

Hi ROSE & DONNA.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-31-20, 12:34 PM  
Rose

Hello!

So my area got hit by hurricane Zeta. Lost power for 3 days but got it restored today! I have not worked out. . A bit scary for a few hours with the wind, trees and power lines. A few tree limbs fell, lots of debris and lots of freezer food thrown away. Other than that, all is well.

Tomorrow I will get back to my workouts. Glad everyone is doing well.

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 08:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a day off from exercise since my DD had a horse show and we had to leave early. We got home in the afternoon, but I wasn't in the mood to exercise then...so I caught up on some paperwork, blah.

Today, still not in the mood for doing much but I did:

Blissasana Yoga (YT) - Earth Element Yoga

I may go for a walk later, weather permitting or if I feel like it maybe something else...

We had no trick or treaters here, we don't usually have a lot anyway....

Gypsy Rose - so sorry you lost power! Ugh.

Pat - thanks for linking Beth's chanel.

Waves, Summer Breeze!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

Tags
bobandbrad