Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-28-20, 05:39 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB- Rant away! I find that just incredible also. Incredible, stupid, selfish...the adjectives could go on and on. What are people thinking? Clearly, they just aren't. I mean...it's one thing to put yourself in harm's way, but a whole other thing to not give a rat's ass about the health and safety of others you may be directly effecting.

Today, another walk. Oh - I got my new Cathes in the mail. Lord knows when I'll get to them though.
Old 10-28-20, 05:45 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today was UB and LIC so I did Fitness Blender's UB workout for strength and toning, which was good. Followed by LI Cardio workout for Beginners. Not thrilled with this one, 3 rounds, 8 exercises and the 3 exercises in the middle were static lunges with curls. I kept subbing in other exercises but I was bored by the middle of the second round. Also Daniel did voiceovers in both these workouts.

Not much workout got done on the fence since I posted last, and now its going to rain for the next two days. :{. Fortunately, the city picked up MT Brushmore 2 Monday. I was getting worried about it being there on Halloween. We can drag more stuff out on Sunday. and my bruise is getting better. I think the workouts are helping to clear it up faster.

SB, It sounds like you are enjoying the workouts despite the 'weird' talk. I don't like it when the instructors talk just to have something to say. Give me form pointers or helpful hints! I agree about doing barre every other day. I personally feel that if you want to get married now, have a small private ceremony then have a blowout party later if you feel the need. I had a small ceremony and never regretted it. Frankly, I don't remember much about my wedding anyway. A few nice moments but the rest is a blur. I wonder about these people who spend so much on their wedding {we could pay off our house and the camper...} and then how they feel about it a few years down the road. Okay, hopping off the soapbox!

I was surprised that this is the 28th. I didn't realize we were that close to the end of the month.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 08:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

18 minutes barre3 strength conditioning
20 minutes Jessica Smith Barre Fitness - floor barre
50 minutes outdoor walk

I wasn't feeling the barre3 at all yesterday.
I fast forwarded a few times and finally had to stop it altogether. I started another one but saw it wasn't a barre3 day. The Jessica workout was much better. It's raining all day today so I'll have to find a good indoor workout. Wish me luck.

NORA, good job on the walking. Yeah the Cathes aren't calling to me either right now.

PENGUIN, good news on the bruise healing. Maybe it was the strange things the instructor was saying yesterday that ruined the workout for me. I don't know. I don't remember the barre3 dvds being that outlandish. Yeah I agree with you these weddings are so expensive. DH's friend's son got married a couple of years ago and the wedding cost $75,000!! Why? To each his own but like you said what are they feeling a few years down the line?

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 06:08 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, $75, 000 is more than we paid for our house! that's outrageous. I know, I'm not telling you anything you don't know but geesh!

Nora, I remember standing at the door, years ago, bouncing up and down, as Cathe's dvds were delivered just a few days before Christmas, so getting them to you in October seems like a much better idea. No competition with the Christmas mail

Today was a barre day and usually that's exciting but today I was so tired I literally took a nap right before my workout time. I got everything ready to warm up, and then picked out my workouts. I enjoyed LA Barre Fitmess last time I tried it, so I started there. 15m Barre Blast: Legs and Glutes was good, a bit harder than I need right now, also filmed in a kitchen so that was a bit distracting, but the instructor is friendly and give good tips.

I wasn't sure I was going to do, or should do, another barre workout but I tried Workout Hotel's Barre: Legs and Abs workout. She is good and these workouts feel easier than some, probably aren't.

Next I did two workouts from AfriFitness, 20M cardio Dance; again she taught a routine and I couldn't hear her instruction, which didn't help. Next was Burna Boy - Wonderful. This was more of a HIIT workout where we repeat a move for a 8 count, go on to something else, repeat the sequence, then do the next sequence. I like this version better, more moving, less thinking.

I can't believe its almost November! Where did October go!

Old 10-29-20, 09:47 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I did a long (2 hour approx.) destination walk.

All I can say about a 75G wedding is that the enabling participants are either financially stupid or financially wealthy. Or both!

PP- I'm always jealous of people like you who are able to nap out during the day. I can't do it. I think I've had maybe 3 daytime naps in my whole life. My DH has the napping gene, and I'm always wishing I could do that as I watch him nod off!

SB- nice workouts there, with lots of variety. I see you're getting your strength workouts in too. You're nudging me, whether you know it or not!
Old 10-30-20, 08:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

KCM New You Coming premix

No walking yesterday because it rained all day. It's still raining now but I think it's supposed to stop this afternoon. If it does, I will walk. If not, I'll have to figure out an indoor workout. As you know, I dislike cardio workouts and I did weights yesterday so we'll see. I did enjoy the KCM workout I did a lot! I did the premix that only ran through the exercises one time but it was still well over 30 minutes. This was an oldie before her 30 MTF series. Good stuff.

PENGUIN, well done with your barre and cardio workouts.

NORA, very nice destination walk! I hope I'm nudging a little harder. I think there's a few timesaver premixes on Cathes new Pump dvd that might appeal to you to get you started.

Hope TERRI is doing well!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-30-20, 05:35 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, I try not to nap because I feel it keeps me from sleeping at night but sometimes its either take a nap or nod off where I'm sitting. Most of my naps last about 30m, then I wake up, mostly without an alarm. Just enough to keep me going. I can think of a lot of more useful things 75K would buy rather than a few hours of party.

SB, somebody said something the other day that reminded me of KCM's Shape of Things to Come. Its funny how some things get stuck in our heads.

Our fence is up, but there are places around the bottom that Cindy, or a smaller dog, could dig out and escape. He's been adding boards to the bottom but the lumberyard is out of them for now, so we still can't let Cindy out by herself. The gate nedds to be replaced and we are going to put a smaller 'people' gate on the other side of the house, so its not done but its getting there.

Today was UB and cardio. I started with Body Project's UB workout for all levels. This was led by the guy alone, I was hoping the girl {I need to write these names down somewhere} would pop in after the warmup but no. He's not my favorite, its better when they are together. it was fairly basic, nothing special. 2 exercises, 3 sets each.

next was Focus Fitness LI TB cardio. Followed by Fabulous 50's 15m Walking with Dumbbells. I was happy to see that this one had UB weights but then she had us walk in place for 5 min in the middle. Snore! i would have rathered she split that up between the UB exercises.

Old 10-31-20, 09:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

It finally stopping raining mid-afternoon so I did my walk. It was very chilly though, time to break out the gloves and magical knit cap that kept me so warm last winter.
We were in the 20s overnight last night so I'm going to wait awhile before my walk today. I was reminded of Callanetics from a thread on GD so maybe I'll go there too.

PENGUIN, nice job getting your workout done even though they weren't the most exciting routines. I was thinking of maybe breaking out KCM's SOTTC too after I did NYC. There would have to be a good premix though, I think that dvd is over an hour.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
[/FONT]
Old 10-31-20, 06:30 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I think there were premixes, but I remember a lot of people saying they just did the first half one day then the second the next. I do love a good premix though. I tend to do the premixes more than the real workout.

I put off my workout today, I almost didn't get to it but guilt won me over. I started with Coach Kel's Total Body Barre. Long slow warm up, upper body {no weights because I'm sore from yesterday, but going through the motions helped}, short lower body consisting mostly of curtsy squats and side adductions. Kel was about 8 months pregnant so I'm sure that cut down what she could do, and I skipped the stretch.

I followed up with Fitness with Cindy's HIIT for Stress Relief and HIIT for Seniors. No timers, Cindy just did a rather random assortment of exercises that felt a lot like catching up and flailing around. I ended up doing a lot of my own thing. I like her dance workouts better but I'm running out of those.

The next time I workout will be on a fresh, new page of my workout journal. yay! I checked and I'm using about two pages per month. I do 3-3 titles per day but can put two per line in a composition notebook.

Happy Halloween. Hubby is a work and I'm going to be curled up with a good book with the porch light off. We are able to put Cindy out back by herself so she spent most of the day outside, while I cleaned house!

Old 11-01-20, 09:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk today hopefully before the rain comes in. Not sure if I'll be adding on. We usually get a ton of kids for Halloween but we didn't participate this year. I did see a lot of kids around the neighborhood though. A lot of people put candy out on a table at the end of their driveways but then they sat outside to monitor the situation. We just didn't feel up to all that. Honestly, I don't think I would want my kids eating candy under those circumstances anyway. But I know how much the kids love Halloween. It's a tough year.

PENGUIN, nice job getting the workout done and congrats on the new page in your journal. Now I really think I'll look for KCM's SOTTC. I think it had a step used in it though. Don't feel like dragging that up from the basement. Hmmmm

I'M GOING TO START THE NEW THREAD FOR NOVEMBER NOW!!

Have a great day everyone!!