Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-21-12, 04:22 PM  
donnadc

I've been waiting for your review of the Foundation training dvd.
donnadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 04:55 PM  
jessicavi

Awe. Come on Kathryn, don't leave us hanging.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 05:00 PM  
mtngoat

If you don't fill us in on where you've been, we're all going to start concocting our own theories - you never know what we'll come up with!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 05:01 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
If you don't fill us in on where you've been, we're all going to start concocting our own theories - you never know what we'll come up with!
Former mob accountant now in witness protection.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 05:05 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
Former mob accountant now in witness protection.
LOL! On the run, no let's make that on the really, really fast walk from those who threaten her after discovering her true identity...

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Old 03-21-12, 05:08 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Gender correction. Now goes by the name of "Bob". On secret location with new BeachBody Body Beast filming crew. Apparently the program really works!
Old 03-21-12, 05:08 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I've just been overly busy, but also haven't used any workout DVD's for a WAY long time (I'm mostly walking).

I've been planning a fundraising run/walk for my local animal shelter and animal rescue group: I proposed the idea, and ended up being the committee chair and main planner).

I've also had a run of crappy things happening:

Some one broke my car window and stole my purse while my car was sitting in my driveway in November, so I had to drive to get the window replaced, and cancel all credit cards and replace all my cards and ID (driver's license, etc.)

I currently have a PITA huge floater in my eye that is still connected to the retina, and risks tearing it if I'm not careful, so no impact--and a real AH of an eye doctor, whose idea of humor is asking during the pre-exam screening if I could have injured my eye somehow: Ice hockey? (ha) touch football (ha), a boyfriend who beats me regularly (***?) Needless to say, that was my first AND last appointment with him (the emergency room doctor set me up with him).

Worst of all, three weeks ago, my dear sweet Bobsie was diagnosed with Chronic Renal Failure, that seemed to come on very quickly. When her lab results came back, the vet was surprised she'd been eating at all or that she was acting fine and happy. She stayed at the vet's for a few days, in the hopes that intravenous fluids would help...but they didn't. The second day there, when I was visiting, she started meowing really strangely, then tottered and fell over. I went running for the vet. She had too much fluid in her, which was affecting her lungs She got through that crisis, and came home, but she wasn't the same. She came home on a Friday, had a nice day on Saturday looking out the window and sitting in the sun, but not one purr the whole time. I'd planned to ask the vet for diffferent food and some meds for stomach acid on Monday, but when it came around I ended up taking her in to be euthanized instead. :-( Pete misses his best pal, Simon misses his buddy (Rascal actually is a little more outgoing, as I think B intimidated him at times, even though she was 1/2 his size), and I miss my girl!

That's about it, iin a (large) nut shell!

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 05:09 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
LOL! On the run, no let's make that on the really, really fast walk from those who threaten her after discovering her true identity...
So she's on a boosted walk you say?
Old 03-21-12, 05:14 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
I've just been overly busy, but also haven't used any workout DVD's for a WAY long time (I'm mostly walking).

I've been planning a fundraising run/walk for my local animal shelter and animal rescue group: I proposed the idea, and ended up being the committee chair and main planner).

I've also had a run of crappy things happening:

Some one broke my car window and stole my purse while my car was sitting in my driveway in November, so I had to drive to get the window replaced, and cancel all credit cards and replace all my cards and ID (driver's license, etc.)

I currently have a PITA huge floater in my eye that is still connected to the retina, and risks tearing it if I'm not careful, so no impact--and a real AH of an eye doctor, whose idea of humor is asking during the pre-exam screening if I could have injured my eye somehow: Ice hockey? (ha) touch football (ha), a boyfriend who beats me regularly (***?) Needless to say, that was my first AND last appointment with him (the emergency room doctor set me up with him).

Worst of all, three weeks ago, my dear sweet Bobsie was diagnosed with Chronic Renal Failure, that seemed to come on very quickly. When her lab results came back, the vet was surprised she'd been eating at all or that she was acting fine and happy. She stayed at the vet's for a few days, in the hopes that intravenous fluids would help...but they didn't. The second day there, when I was visiting, she started meowing really strangely, then tottered and fell over. I went running for the vet. She had too much fluid in her, which was affecting her lungs She got through that crisis, and came home, but she wasn't the same. She came home on a Friday, had a nice day on Saturday looking out the window and sitting in the sun, but not one purr the whole time. I'd planned to ask the vet for diffferent food and some meds for stomach acid on Monday, but when it came around I ended up taking her in to be euthanized instead. :-( Pete misses his best pal, Simon misses his buddy (Rascal actually is a little more outgoing, as I think B intimidated him at times, even though she was 1/2 his size), and I miss my girl!

Aww, Kathyrn, I'm so sorry about Bobsie. My heart breaks for you. I'm glad she had the nice Saturday sitting in the sun. I lost my sweet Misty to CRF a few years back, and still miss her.

That sucks about your car/purse. Please be careful with your eye - my younger brother just had surgery for a detached retina last week. I hope that you can find a better eye doctor.

Congrats on organizing the walk for your animal shelter - good work!

Once again, so sorry about Bobsie. Please take care of yourself - what a stressful time.

Old 03-21-12, 05:16 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post

I think you might have had an easier time as the mob accountant

So sorry about your Bobsie. How great that you made time for the animal shelter with so much going on. Sure hope things get better for you soon -- there are plenty of friends at VF to send good vibes your way

Tags
kathryn