Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-10, 09:37 AM  
Muria

Any newer recommendations for low impact kickboxing tapes?
Old 01-29-10, 11:27 AM  
shaka02

I am also looking for low impact kickboxing. Collage rates Absolute Kickboxing by Kimberly Spreen as intermediate with low impact:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...ck-boxing-7845

I recently aquired Powerstrike 5, which is also intermediate with low impact:
http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...rstrike-5-5618

I like Powerstrike - the instructor's form is fabulous. It is a bit lower intensity than I would like. I'd love to hear from others on low impact kickboxing options.

Deb
shaka02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 11:54 AM  
halfknot

Cckb

I've been doing Patricia Moreno's Core Crosstrain Kickbox for about two weeks, I've only done the first three parts, punches, combinations & kicks, yesterday I burnt 506 calories in a little under an hour, great core workout, and teaches you the form as you go.

Can't wait to do the rest!

Linda
Like to hear if anyone's done that & Powerstrikes 5?
halfknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 03:02 PM  
mmmchelle

Linda, I'm also really enjoying Moreno's Core Crosstrain Kickbox. I received Powerstrike 5 for Christmas, but I've only done it once. I became a little frustrated with it, because I don't learn combinations quickly. But I like the workout and I think I'll enjoy it once I've learned the moves.

I haven't done it again because I've been doing kettlebell work four times a week. Interestingly, Moreno's Core Crosstrain workout was good practice for the hip snap in kettlebell work, because she has you tightening the same muscles.

I tried Moreno's other kickbox workout last night. It's low impact, and I liked the moves, but because much of the workout is done at half time to learn the moves it isn't an intense cardio workout. Although I think it will help with Powerstrike 5, because some of the foot work which confused me in Powerstrike is similar to what Moreno does in the kickbox yoga workout (which has no yoga, just a yoga inspired warm-up and cool down).

Don't know if that is useful or not.

For the original poster, I think Moreno's workouts are a good low impact way to learn good form. She's very focused on being precise with the movements.

chelle
Old 01-29-10, 03:44 PM  
moonbeam31

Kimberly Spreen for sure! Check out all her stuff on collagevideo!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 04:18 PM  
halfknot

Suzette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmchelle View Post
For the original poster, I think Moreno's workouts are a good low impact way to learn good form. She's very focused on being precise with the movements.

chelle
I agree good low impact workout, and I do it on hardwood floor.

Linda
halfknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 04:21 PM  
wlorrie

While the earlier Powerstrikes with Patricia had some impact, Powerstrike 4 and 5 don't have a lot of juming around. I especially enjoy#5.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 11:33 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

A vote for KCM

Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness Kickboxing is intense and her background exerciser Lauren does a fantastic job of modifying everything to low impact. An unbeatable bargain - 2 30min workouts on 1 DVD with premixes for $11.74 at DeepDiscount.
Old 01-30-10, 02:54 PM  
Muria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka02 View Post
I am also looking for low impact kickboxing. Collage rates Absolute Kickboxing by Kimberly Spreen as intermediate with low impact:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...ck-boxing-7845

Deb
If you haven't gotten it yet, it's about half the price at amazon.com. It's going to be in my next order from amazon.

I'll have to check out the others; I just ordered Powerstrike 5 from Collage, but I hadn't heard anything about Core Crosstrain Kickbox.
Old 01-30-10, 03:31 PM  
shaka02

Thanks everyone!

It does look like amazon.com has a great price for Absolute Kickboxing. And, the KCM looks great, too!

I got one of Moreno's kickbox workouts from the library today. I will report back after I have done it.

Deb
shaka02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kickboxing, low impact kickboxing