Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-30-19, 12:15 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
...Has anyone tried bee venom skincare for an extended period of time and what were your results? TIA!
Never heard of it. How interesting! I'm reasonably certain my face would freak out.
Old 01-30-19, 12:22 PM  
donnamp

Anna - I don't think i would do well with Bee Venom either, especially if my reaction to insect bites is any indication!

I meant to come back here to post about this -

Aquation - which Dr. Dray reviewed and it sounds like it may be a "lighter" form of Vanicream/Cerave.

http://aquationcare.com/

i may give it a try at some point to see if it would work for me.

I also forgot to mention that Eucerin has some good and under-emphasized products for sensitive skin

I like the SPF30 sunscreen, both of the cleaners, the Q10 and the redness relieving lotions/creams

https://www.eucerinus.com/products/face-care

Sometimes can be hard to find in the store, though you can order from Walgreens or Amazon.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-19, 07:37 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Has anyone tried bee venom skincare? I bought some by mistake (I thought I had the day cream) and decided to keep it. The brand is by nature from New Zealand. I tried it the other night and wow my skin was stinging! I almost washed it off but stuck it out and the stinging went away after a few minutes. Apparently bee venom in skincare is super hydrating and has slight botox effects. But after the stinging I'm hesitant to try it again. Has anyone tried bee venom skincare for an extended period of time and what were your results? TIA!
I haven't tried it, but there are some You Tube videos reviewing it. The most popular seem to be Beenigma and Lanocorp, although there seems to be a lot of brands on Amazon.

Some people love it. I don't know if there is any science behind it. I have sensitive skin, and most of the products have fragrance. Beenigma is fragrance free, but expensive. So that's why I've never tried it.
Old 01-30-19, 11:36 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Speaking of Facebook ads you almost fall for. . . Boom sticks. Anybody try 'em? I'm all about super simple.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-19, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
Speaking of Facebook ads you almost fall for. . . Boom sticks. Anybody try 'em? I'm all about super simple.
I did try the Boom stick. It's nothing special. Not bad but I wouldn't purchase it again. It doesn't last long or do anything any other blush/lip stick would do.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-19, 08:56 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I did try the Boom stick. It's nothing special. Not bad but I wouldn't purchase it again. It doesn't last long or do anything any other blush/lip stick would do.
I used to love Boomsticks. For me the blush really stayed put while looking natural. This was years ago when she first introduced them. Over time the prices went up, shipping went up, and the product size shrunk. At a certain point it wasn’t worth it anymore.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 03:10 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have been using Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish and Moisturize Shampoo for years. Paula Begoun recommended it as an inexpensive drugstore option.
Well they discontinued it and I cannot find it anywhere without spending $40. I tried their Pure Renewal shampoo -it is in a similar tall slender bottle. Terrible. It left a residue in my hair maybe because of the minerals in our water but the old shampoo didn't do that. It just doesn't feel clean AND my hair is actually drier. I think because it is sulfate free? Their new line of shampoos are sulfate free and the reviews were bad.
I just called Aveeno (J&J) and they tried to get my personal info. No thank you, I just called to ask what they would recommend as a replacement. They confirmed it was discontinued they asked why I didn't like the Pure renewal. I told them then they tried to get my info again to report it as an adverse event to their medical department! I told them it wasn't an allergic reaction but the product stinks. He kept pressing me so I hung up.
So no aveeno hair products for me.
Any suggestions for a drugstore shampoo that doesn't strip hair but is good for dry, heat styled hair? I use Neutrogena Triple Moisture daily deep conditioner which I love but I think the shampoo might be too heavy with the conditioner.
I may break down and buy Paula's Choice Shampoo again.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 03:18 PM  
sherry7899

Leslie, I like this brand of shampoo and conditioner. I have bought the 16 ounce size at Walmart, and the larger sizes at Wegmans and on Amazon:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Renpure-O...bd&athena=true

It is not that price in the store for the sixteen ounce size. It is several dollars less.

I have fine, dry, curly hair.

I also like Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo. I have not purchased it in awhile. Hopefully they still carry it.

ETA: You can find this brand in Walmart and Walgreens:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/OGX-Renew...13-Oz/17177030

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 05:29 PM  
BunnyHop

I have to be careful to use shampoo and conditioner that's not heavily fragranced. In general Biolage and Paul Mitchell work quite well for me. Where I live both are available in drugstores and Walmart salons. They do have products geared to meet your needs, but since my own hair/scalp seem different than yours I haven't tried them.

Definitely check around on price. The liters give a better value for money, and go on sale fairly regularly.
Old 02-19-19, 06:40 PM  
killoffsonny

Has anybody tried Angel Lift? Ads keep popping up on my Facebook. I'm so tempted.

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin