Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-19, 10:21 AM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
There's definitely a Cathlete in my area. It's very unusual to find any Cathe workouts but now they are showing up at the thrift store. Oddly enough, I had just dropped off a few Cathe workouts in the donation bin before I looked around in the store. lol

I got these for $.99 each:

Intensity
Crossfire
High Step Circuit
Great fines at a fantastic price! Enjoy! Crossfire is one of my favorite cardio DVDs.
Old 03-31-19, 07:55 PM  
Kitten

Went thrifting looking for new clothes for my new promotion and an upcoming wedding I'm attending.

Kinda struck out there, but I did find:

Gilad, lord of the abs:
Abs on Fire
Maximum Abs
Core Challenge

Turbo Jam (the five workout one)

The Firm, tough tape 2 + 5 day abs

Ybb basic set (my copy got lost in my many recent moves)

All for $1.50 each.

Plus, I found a set of 5# dumbbells for $6 on clearance at the grocery store.

Last edited by Kitten; 03-31-19 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Autocorrect thinks I mean and when I spell out abs
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 08:38 PM  
CharM

I need to move away from CA. I don't think I'll ever find dvds for $0.99 - $1.50. Good finds, all!

I haven't been to a thrift store since my last post (2/21), but I've been "thrifting" online at ebay, decluttr, and thriftbooks. I managed to snag one for $0.50 shipped using an ebay coupon, but most of my finds have been $3-4 shipped, which is what I'd pay at Goodwill and Savers and I don't have to leave the house.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 02:35 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i picked up CS Aging Backwards Mobility & Bone Strengthening at Saver's for $1.99. this might be the first time i have ever seen a CS DVD in a thrift store. i prefer Sahra over Miranda, but thought i'd still try it out.

at Savers, i saw Bridalicious Boot Camp by trainer Doug Rice - an 8 disc set for $4.99.

i also saw several DVDs at Goodwill - Keep It Up by Debbie Siebers, several Core Secrets with Gunnar Peterson that i don't usually see (Accelerated Training Camp, Training Camp) and Winsor Upper Body Pilates. our GW lists them for $2.99 each, and if you buy 2 you get 1 free.

at a used bookstore, i saw several sealed Natural Journeys workouts like the Yoga on the Ball and Pilates on the ball, Belly Dance, and a couple of Rainbeau Mars yoga videos - Pure Sweat.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 07:08 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i picked up CS Aging Backwards Mobility & Bone Strengthening at Saver's for $1.99. this might be the first time i have ever seen a CS DVD in a thrift store. i prefer Sahra over Miranda, but thought i'd still try it out.

at Savers, i saw Bridalicious Boot Camp by trainer Doug Rice - an 8 disc set for $4.99.

i also saw several DVDs at Goodwill - Keep It Up by Debbie Siebers, several Core Secrets with Gunnar Peterson that i don't usually see (Accelerated Training Camp, Training Camp) and Winsor Upper Body Pilates. our GW lists them for $2.99 each, and if you buy 2 you get 1 free.

at a used bookstore, i saw several sealed Natural Journeys workouts like the Yoga on the Ball and Pilates on the ball, Belly Dance, and a couple of Rainbeau Mars yoga videos - Pure Sweat.
Lucky you! I wish I could find that workout at one of my local thrift store :-)
Old 04-06-19, 08:04 AM  
Sandrine

Awesome day at the Thrifts, Jeanine!

I've been off of vf for a while, but not away from working out or the thrift stores!!! My finds have been weirdly sporadic: some days nothing at all, others, a couple of gems (but nothing like a CS!) Most recently, I picked up Gorgeous Core by Suzanne Bowen, a Ruah with her and Leah Sarago, and 1/2 of the Rodney Yee/Mariel Hemingway yoga set. Oh and my favorite, a Fitness Fav. dvd of Firm vol. 3! There is a vidiot somewhere nearby, who appears to be ditching her dvd's!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 08:43 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
That's an awesome find! My thrift store occasionally has good fitness equipment...but never good DVDs. (I lie: once I found Shaun T's new dance program, but that's it!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 12:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks Karla for the cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
There's definitely a Cathlete in my area. It's very unusual to find any Cathe workouts but now they are showing up at the thrift store. Oddly enough, I had just dropped off a few Cathe workouts in the donation bin before I looked around in the store. lol

I got these for $.99 each:

Intensity
Crossfire
High Step Circuit
that's cool - i've never seen crossfire in a thrift store, and it's been a long time since i've seen any cathes in the thrift stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Awesome day at the Thrifts, Jeanine!

I've been off of vf for a while, but not away from working out or the thrift stores!!! My finds have been weirdly sporadic: some days nothing at all, others, a couple of gems (but nothing like a CS!) Most recently, I picked up Gorgeous Core by Suzanne Bowen, a Ruah with her and Leah Sarago, and 1/2 of the Rodney Yee/Mariel Hemingway yoga set. Oh and my favorite, a Fitness Fav. dvd of Firm vol. 3! There is a vidiot somewhere nearby, who appears to be ditching her dvd's!
i had to trade for Gorgeous Core - you're lucky to have seen it. also FF Vol 3 - that's a very awesome find.

i forgot to mention that i saw a Zumba Rizor outside of the box, clean and in new condition in Savers. it didn't have a price on it. at the same store, there were an assorted number of neoprene dumbbells, many of which didn't have a matching twin. i also saw a "mini" peddling bike that you peddle when you're sitting on the couch. couldn't find the brand name on it. it was pretty heavy.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 08:52 PM  
CharM

I finally went to a few thrift stores today but didn't buy anything since I already own what I saw or wasn't interested.

Barre 3 Studio Shape
Xtend Barre Lean & Chiseled
Weight Watchers Punch Kit - thought about it but I already have the pink gloves
Dance the Chakras
Barry's Bootcamp Booty Camp Workout
Anna Kaiser Happy Hour
as always, there were Tae Bo, yoga, and Jillian Michaels
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 07:16 AM  
dnna

the Savers I just found a few months ago is closing. everything half off, 75 % off last day. I am really going to miss this store.
Gail lower body conditioning -3 workouts on 1 disc,suzanne season, jillian hessel
Valerie Bertinelli -jenny craig losing it_sealed
Denise Austin Hit the spot Core complete sealed
Summer Sanders prenatal workout ( for a friends daughter) sealed
and the big score, I have wanted it for a long time
Resistance Stretching with Dara Torres sealed!!!!!!!
each was $1.50

wow!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm 6 pack, indo board, thrift store finds, vytas baskauskas, winsor slimming pilates