Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-19, 12:40 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I actually just suggested to Cathe she should sell these Cathe Live workouts individually as downloads. I understand the need to get away from dvds, so I don't think we'll ever see her produce these in a dvd format. However it would be SOOOO simple for her to offer these for individual purchase in download format. I think this could be an excellent revenue stream for her!! She has so many Cathe Live workouts in her library now. She could do REALLY well selling these individually, imho. Unfortunately, her reply indicated they don't plan to do that. A little ray of hope, though, is she prefaced that with "never say never".
That's a GREAT suggestion, Colleen! Fingers crossed...
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 12:52 PM  
sherry7899

Does Cathe Live use music by the original artists or cover versions? Other streaming sites cannot offer downloads because of music rights if they are using original versions.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 02:32 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Does Cathe Live use music by the original artists or cover versions? Other streaming sites cannot offer downloads because of music rights if they are using original versions.
Sherry, it's not original artists (or even familiar songs most of the time). It's music that's similar to what she uses for her dvds. I think she gets it from a provider.

HTH.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 02:54 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Sherry, it's not original artists (or even familiar songs most of the time). It's music that's similar to what she uses for her dvds. I think she gets it from a provider.

HTH.
Thanks! I have not subscribed, so I did not know.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-19, 06:15 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I think Cathe Live is my best ever fitness purchase. I have now done 89 Live workouts, with 68 being different workouts. I love the variety. There is always something different to choose from.

Sherry- the music is pretty generic. It sounds like background electronic stuff most of the time.

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 09:33 AM  
muggle

What about selling the workouts in groups like Classical stretch does, "Season 1", "Season 2" and so on. No chapters, no premixes, just straight up Live classes. Maybe 3 months worth on 1 dvd, that would be approx. 12 workouts (if Cathe does a live class each week).

Sounds good to me anyway!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 10:10 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
What about selling the workouts in groups like Classical stretch does, "Season 1", "Season 2" and so on. No chapters, no premixes, just straight up Live classes. Maybe 3 months worth on 1 dvd, that would be approx. 12 workouts (if Cathe does a live class each week).

Sounds good to me anyway!!
I’d buy it a heart beat too! But I think a vfer asked on Cathe.com and was told SNM doesn’t have plans to release them on dvd. There are 240 workouts now! I love the variety!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 03-15-19, 10:54 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I just had to comment about a FANTASTIC Live class I did this morning:

PHA PLUS CARDIO BLASTS LIVE (55 Min. 2/28/19)

This class has the same format as her other PHA's but Cathe adds a cardio blast before the weighted lower and upper exercises with very little rest inbetween.
GREAT FUN!!!! Almost all the exercises have a 16 count rep pattern and this class has very little repetition of exercises, if any. Anyone who loves her PHA classes will LOVE this one - try it!
I just had to comment on this....I did this one yesterday and holy moly!! I loved it and it kicked my hiney! She just wasn't slowing down, wasn't stopping, and I was gasping for air! In my defense though, I might have been extra tired since I had done Imax Extreme from the Terminator DVD the day before. But still. I am loving Cathe Live (and On Demand right now too!)
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-19, 10:24 AM  
AnMrsDe

kittybug, I'm glad you enjoyed it and found it challenging! I did too but like you, I wasn't up to my usual stamina after a round of what seemed like, the flu. I just loved the format!

I did another great one this morning....Sweat Blast Live (9/7/17)! If you're looking for a metabolic w/o from start to finish, this is it!! Great calorie burn in 44 min. Even the core exercises are metabolic. Very fun! (I gave it 4 )!!

Cathe Live is my best-ever streaming purchase also!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-19, 12:47 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I just did the "Stacked Sets Upper Body" Live workout from last week yesterday. WOW! My arms were quaking when I was doing the final stretch! What a great short upper body workout, it was about 44 minutes long and hit all the muscle groups.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung