Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-11, 01:08 PM  
horsemom2

Not sure but have seen quite a few of my OOP stuff listed for high prices but not sure anyone would actually pay those outrageous amounts?

Conductorcise for an example:
http://www.amazon.com/Conductorcise-.../dp/B000A5N4EY
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 02:25 PM  
mtngoat

I had all the Firms on VHS (except Ballroom Aerobics) in good condition when some of them were worth big $$$. I never took advantage and sold them, though.

Laughing about all the cutting of dolls' hair stories. We bought my first doll at a bazaar for 10 cents. I thought she was beautiful - long wavy hair. My younger brother and I promptly took her home, set up a rather elaborate barber shop and cut off all of her hair! She was so ugly after that. (Yah, I was a brat.)

eta: I think I have Classical Stretch Back Pain - that one is valuable???

Also, Lotte Berk titles are still available at Lotte Berk online store for a 4-pack for $32.95. I can never figure out why people don't buy from original sources that are often cheaper than the re-sale market.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 06-18-11 at 02:26 PM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 03:17 PM  
daisysunshine

Mtngoat - any CS that isn't available on the website is very affordable for people who want to buy it. Like CS Season 5 (1/2 the set) sold for 80 dollars on ebay last week. (But then you have the people who are selling back pain relief for like 132 dollars. I have to wonder if anyone is actually buying them). I love what Classical Stretch is doing for me, and will gladly pay for it on the website, when I have the money but I would never ever overpay, not even for an OOP. My offer for an OOP would probably be about 10-20 dollars more than I would buy for it on the website - and that's all. Anything else I think is greedy. I could never ask for 3x the price for something.

I decluttered a huge chunk of my videos, and a lot of them were OOPs or rare dvds and I've just bartered for things I needed. As long as I gain something from it (even if it's just happiness over the fact I made someone happy) that's good enough for me.

I have tons of barbies.. though never butchered their hair.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-11, 09:14 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
I cut the hair on the Shirley Temple doll my mother gave me.
My sister and I put "eyeliner" on our Barbies with ink pen. They looked like Streetwalker Barbie after that.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-11, 09:18 AM  
Artist of Eyes

I have KS Power Step (DVD) and that one is now selling for 4x what I paid for it!

I also have the Firm's Transfirmer Box which I bought for $49.99 including 6 workouts (originals and Jiggle Free series) from TFD.com and the box alone sells for anywhere btw $125 and $150.

The Firm Cross Trainers Cardio Sculpt I bought for $17.99 brand new. I could sell it in the mid $20s.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-11, 10:40 AM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
I cut the hair on the Shirley Temple doll my mother gave me.
I cut the hair on my Chrissy doll, when all I had to do was turn the knob on her back to shorten her hair. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
My sister and I put "eyeliner" on our Barbies with ink pen. They looked like Streetwalker Barbie after that.
LOL!!!
Old 06-20-11, 12:04 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Tracy Anderson's Dance Aerobics. This was going easily for over $100 at some point, and now I'm not even sure one can find it on Ebay at all.

Nothing else comes to mind. I don't see dvds as a business venture, so I just get rid of (trade, give away) the ones I don't use over a certain period of time. A lot of workouts only increase in value because they're OOP; but many of those are OOP for a reason - they're not that great.
Old 02-11-20, 01:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

reviving:

Ellen Barrett: Stretch Sculpt, $31

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 06:45 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
I had all the Firms on VHS (except Ballroom Aerobics) in good condition when some of them were worth big $$$. I never took advantage and sold them, though.
I know this is an old thread but I still have the first 6 Firm VHS collection in excellent condition but I am sure they aren't worth much now LOL
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 07:03 PM  
bubbles76

I've got Dream Body and some Jeanette Jenkins dvds that are going for ridiculous prices on amazon.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oop, out of print workouts