Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-05-19, 06:51 PM  
Leonana

Laughing! So true, unfortunately.
Old 07-05-19, 07:05 PM  
Gams

I don’t get the whole chipmunk cheek thing, either. Is that some kind of implant?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 04:32 PM  
pharma_gal

Hi all-

Can someone recommend a good gentle exfoliating scrub for the face?

Also looking for some recommendations on shampoo. I have been using Shea Moisture but looking to change things up. I’m looking for something on the natural side without silicones. I color my hair so color protectant would be good. My hair is little curly and not too thick. It’s been falling so it had thinned out through the years. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 05:03 PM  
Gams

I love, love, love Josie Maran’s Argan Exfoliating Powder.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 07:49 AM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Hi all-

Can someone recommend a good gentle exfoliating scrub for the face?

Also looking for some recommendations on shampoo. I have been using Shea Moisture but looking to change things up. I’m looking for something on the natural side without silicones. I color my hair so color protectant would be good. My hair is little curly and not too thick. It’s been falling so it had thinned out through the years. Thanks!
I have UnScrub from Paula's Choice, very gentle. Cetaphil makes a scrub as well. I haven't tried it but my teenage daughter likes it. You could also try mixing a little baking soda with your regular cleanser.

For the shampoo I use Deva Curl.
Old 07-11-19, 01:40 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Hi all-

<snip>

Although I have recommended Alaffia for years, they recently discontinued or reformulated all the products I like so I can't recommend them anymore. However they are a natural type brand so if you are still curious, you could try the Reishi shampoo and conditioner. It looks like the primary difference is they moved the glycerin up to one of the top ingredients.

I am currently trying Desert Essence Coconut shampoo and conditioner and it seems ok, but it smells a little weird and the shampoo is a little drying. The smell goes away after washing so it isnt a problem.

Giovanni is a tried and true natural brand, but check the ingredients as some products have silicones. I think the Smooth as Silk, 50:50 Balanced and Tea Tree are all cone free. I used the Magnetic line for years, but it is hard to find on the ground (i had to buy it online).
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 08:39 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I have UnScrub from Paula's Choice, very gentle. Cetaphil makes a scrub as well. I haven't tried it but my teenage daughter likes it. You could also try mixing a little baking soda with your regular cleanser.

For the shampoo I use Deva Curl.
I use DevaCurl too - love it. I alternate between the "No 'Poo" cleansing conditioner and the Low 'Poo." They're super gentle.

I love their One Condition conditioner and Ultra Defining Gel too.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 08:55 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Although I have recommended Alaffia for years, they recently discontinued or reformulated all the products I like so I can't recommend them anymore. However they are a natural type brand so if you are still curious, you could try the Reishi shampoo and conditioner. It looks like the primary difference is they moved the glycerin up to one of the top ingredients.

I am currently trying Desert Essence Coconut shampoo and conditioner and it seems ok, but it smells a little weird and the shampoo is a little drying. The smell goes away after washing so it isnt a problem.

Giovanni is a tried and true natural brand, but check the ingredients as some products have silicones. I think the Smooth as Silk, 50:50 Balanced and Tea Tree are all cone free. I used the Magnetic line for years, but it is hard to find on the ground (i had to buy it online).

Trader Joe's has a knockoff version of Giovanni that I really like.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 11:55 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Trader Joe's has a knockoff version of Giovanni that I really like.
I hated the Trade Joe knock off. Too drying.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-19, 01:48 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

This is a fun slideshow on hairstyle history:

The Trendiest Hairstyle the Year You Were Born

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/bea...s-of-all-time/

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin