Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-17, 08:03 PM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

I have to chime in here about how much I am enjoying these also.
My exercise discipline crashes in December every year because I am just too distracted.
These 30 minutes routines are just the ticket to keep me challenged but not too much. Jessica's pleasant personality and the workouts variety have kept me interested with doable workouts.
She is adding back work to most of the workouts I have done which is often overlooked.
Tricia
TriciaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 09:16 PM  
Fitstick

I tried the Cardio Hit today and loved it! Nice challenge and loved the Kickboxing.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 09:46 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by donellda View Post
My DVDs are lost somewhere in the Canadian postal system. Amazon told me if they don't show up by 12/16 that they would reship on 12/17. I hope that they surface somewhere in Canada soon. Canada Post lost another shipment from the States 2 years ago and they never did surface.
Same here.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 12:45 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy W. View Post
Again, I have to say how much I'm enjoying these!

I'm 68 and have some painful knee and hip issues. Today I did Lower Body for the first time. It's a tough workout, but didn't in any way bother my joints! I could feel the work in my muscles, and didn't have to compromise my joints at all. Furthermore, most of the moves were pretty fun! A step is used, and it just kind of adds to the fun factor.

I didn't LOVE Pilates and Yoga -- I've never met a Yoga workout that I liked. But I won't mind doing it occasionally! I've enjoyed the others so far, and some will, I think, become favorites!
Thankyou for saying this!! That makes me so happy!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 12:47 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaR View Post
I have to chime in here about how much I am enjoying these also.
My exercise discipline crashes in December every year because I am just too distracted.
These 30 minutes routines are just the ticket to keep me challenged but not too much. Jessica's pleasant personality and the workouts variety have kept me interested with doable workouts.
She is adding back work to most of the workouts I have done which is often overlooked.
Tricia
Hi! You mention a lot of back work. Is it enough to tweek it? i do sometimes have shoulder issues after doing her workouts a lot, even tho I love them and keep coming back, lol.

Has anyone notices neck/shoulder/back tweeking?

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 12-01-17, 01:21 AM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

No not aggravating back work like too many lat rows or trap work. I meant mild superman and extensions.
Tricia
TriciaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 01:23 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaR View Post
No not aggravating back work like too many lat rows or trap work. I meant mild superman and extensions.
Tricia
Oh good! Thankyou!!

Old 12-01-17, 07:11 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Hi! You mention a lot of back work. Is it enough to tweek it? i do sometimes have shoulder issues after doing her workouts a lot, even tho I love them and keep coming back, lol.

Has anyone notices neck/shoulder/back tweeking?
I have to be careful with shoulder work and it will aggravate by neck/shoulder area. I am not a fan of compound moves and she does those in total body, squat/overhead press. So I have to use lighter weights. I try to keep stretching the shoulder/neck area. I have had some tension in this area after both metabolic conditioning and total body. So will have to do something different when they come up again. I think it will depend on what type of injuries you have had.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 07:25 AM  
Rhonda

It may be me but I am still not having the love affair with this set as I have had with her previous sets. I haven't done many of the workouts yet. Just finishing up week 1.

I seem to be watching the clock more with these also. I love the 30 minute format so we will see.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 07:37 AM  
SquishyMommy

I've been off the exercise bandwagon for a long time now. My husband hasn't worked since March. He had a herniated disk and sciatica. After fighting with insurance forever he got a lumbar fusion in September. He is still not recovered and at this point he says he would rather deal with the pain he was in before than the pain he has now. So since he has been home since March he has been a major distraction and my workouts and diet have suffered. I've gained back 15 pounds that I worked so hard to lose. So I have now reached the point that I just have to get this back under control. I've done a workout here and there, falling back on my favorites like kettlebells and PIIT28, but just couldn't bring myself to commit to anything. So after reading this thread I decided maybe if I tried something new I would be more motivated. I bought Jessica's WalkStrong 3 downloads.

I did Metabolic Conditioning yesterday and loved it! I think it is a workout that would have been nicely challenging back when I was in good shape, but yesterday it nearly kicked my butt. I didn't do any modifications, but I did take my time and took a break when needed. I figured if I eased back into my workouts it would be more likely for me to stick with it. I am really hoping there is enough variety in these to keep my Workout ADD from kicking in!

I'm really excited for today's workout since it is Barefoot Cardio Core. Two of my favorite things, working out barefoot and core work!!!

Tags
jessica smith, walk strong 3