Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-24, 02:08 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

You rock, Kat! Thanks for everything you're doing.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-24, 11:00 AM  
anetta

Hi,

Late to the party.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to keep on?

And THANK you to everyone who is taking care of the IT from someone who is VERY technology challenged.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-24, 11:52 AM  
kat_b

Anita,

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but the forum is free, so you won't be losing access to it. We will bring back a way for people to support VF but that will happen after the transition to the cloud version (sometime in the next few weeks). That transition won't clear out active users.

What I am talking about clearing out on the "waiting to be approved?" thread is a list of accounts that were not approved for one reason or another. If you're posting here you aren't on that list.

Did that answer your concerns? If not let me know and I can try again.

Kat
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-24, 08:41 AM  
anetta

Yes thank you Kat.

I just wanted to make sure that I didn't need to update anything.

Thank you!

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-24, 09:38 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
Anita,

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but the forum is free, so you won't be losing access to it. We will bring back a way for people to support VF but that will happen after the transition to the cloud version (sometime in the next few weeks). That transition won't clear out active users.

What I am talking about clearing out on the "waiting to be approved?" thread is a list of accounts that were not approved for one reason or another. If you're posting here you aren't on that list.

Did that answer your concerns? If not let me know and I can try again.

Kat
Thank you for the update and all that you (and everyone behind the scenes) are doing to keep the forum!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-24, 06:29 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

this is a weird request, but is there any possible way of reinstating the long, epic Gilad thread? it used to reside in the Bargain Watch forum. it might have gotten purged.

it was started by VFer Noel Costello, who later changed their VF name to Crescent Moon.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-24, 07:14 AM  
kat_b

I don't think so; I'm not sure where it went. Maybe one of the regular moderators here can offer a bit more about where/what/why.

Deleted threads do "stick around" in the database to some extent, but there is no large thread about Gilad started by Crescent Moon (or Noel). Nothing deleted/closed.

Most deleted/closed threads about Gilad were exchange listings (I did see your request from 2020). There was an old weenie thread circa 2003 with over 100 posts but he only appears in passing in that one. DM me more information on what is in the thread and I'll attempt to search further, but I don't hold much hope.

Last edited by kat_b; 04-03-24 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Requested edit
Old 04-02-24, 09:05 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks so much for letting us know about the maintenance and downtime coming on Friday! I really appreciate the heads up and all the work that's being done!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-24, 01:05 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Did I miss a post somewhere? When will VF be down on Friday?

The Gilad thread was originally in Bargain Watch and the title was about one of his systems being on sale. It ran for years and had more than 500 posts, if I remember correctly. It got caught in one of the purges where the nonGD forums were cut back to only recent posts.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-24, 01:16 PM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
Did I miss a post somewhere? When will VF be down on Friday?
I'd intended to take the site offline for maintenance on Friday and had put up an announcement to that effect, but then my regular job threw a wrench in so I removed the notice until I can re-schedule.

Tags
forum issues, vf future, vf site issues