Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-10, 12:14 PM  
tinamatas

Rodney Yee yoga DVD?

I'm confused. Does anyone know if this particular Rodney Yee yoga VHS was ever released on DVD and, if so, the exact name of it? Maybe a link showing me the cover as well?

http://www.amazon.com/Living-Yoga-Ba...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

He has so many back care or back pain yoga videos and DVDs with similar titles I can't tell which are which. The one at the above link is one I found years ago at our local library and they no longer have it. It helped my back problem at the time and I wanted to try it again for some different back issues (chronic low back pain due to muscle spasm, I think from a bulging disk). I was also hoping to find it on DVD before I just went ahead and got the VHS at Amazon.

Thanks!
Tina
tinamatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 12:31 PM  
Eibhinn

I've never used that particular video, but I looked at the Gaiam website and while there is a similar video, Rodney Yee's Yoga for Back Care, it is not the same one. In the Q&A section for the DVD a Gaiam staffer confirms as much to someone looking for the VHS you link to, and says that Yoga Back Care for Beginners has been discontinued. I think the DVD I've linked to has also been released as Back Care Yoga, and probably has been released in several different forms, as Gaiam seems to change their packaging on everything every two years now.

Gaiam released a series of "Mayo Health Clinic" DVDs for particular ailments where the condition is described by a doctor, and a nutritionist provides dietary suggestions, and Rodney Yee provides a yoga routine. There is one for back pain that might be helpful, and Mary at totalfitnessdvds.com has it on sale for $3.99 this week.

It's unfortunate that Gaiam is so confusing with their constant repackaging and retitling of everything, because their products are typically quite good.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 12:54 PM  
tinamatas

Thanks! Also, I think I finally found it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller=

I'm ordering it to give it a try.

Tina
tinamatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 09:13 PM  
Eibhinn

Excellent - the Gaiam staffer answer was about 2 years ago, so it looks like they must have re-released it, then discontinued it during that time. It's not on the Gaiam website anymore, so it's good that you've grabbed it while you can.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote