Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-25-20, 07:03 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies-I'm Sorry. Did the Middle of My Sentence Block the Start of Yours 10/25

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 07:14 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good morning. I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. We're going to pick up an order from our favorite restaurant today. And I have a tutoring session this afternoon. If I can swing it, I may try to drop in on my parents today. It's been a while since I've seen them.

Paula - It feels soooo good when the heat breaks and cooler temps become the norm. Enjoy it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-25-20, 08:08 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks for getting us started, Laura!

I swear I wrote a posting for yesterday that didn't show up! All is well - walked Gus at the park and made it through without taking any naproxen! Also did some back yard rearranging for winter putting covers on my grill and table, put out the bird feeders and water warmer for the birds.

Today I'll do some more Gus walking, laundry, maybe hitting the grocery store and reading a book - frankly, I haven't read a paper book in years! More snow coming today... Not a problem if this were the end of November, but before Halloween?

Laura, glad to hear you're finding good foods to eat and keep your stitches intact - sorry about the bruise though! Just gravity working on your surgical site. Congrats on the new client!

Paula, good to see you back! I think I'd have the same problems driving something I wasn't familiar with.

Sherry, good to see you! Beth hasn't been in here for about two weeks or so . I always thought singers would retire many years before the end of their life - cool to see all of these celebrations of them still playing and singing at the end of their life!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 02:33 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - I feel your pain. That happened to me last week, Friday's post just didn't show up. Sorry you're getting snow so early.

I just finished the session with the new client. She was so excited and hated to end the session. That's the way I like to leave them. We'll meet again next weekend. It is a cool, dreary, rainy day here, perfect for hunkering down on a mostly lazy Sunday. I did pick up the Chinese food and it was really good!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-25-20, 08:24 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping day 18 Moderate Weights followed by Sara Beth Yin Yoga. Also a neighborhood walk.

Got groceries, did some putzing around the house, all in all a lazy day.

Laura, thanks for getting us started, good theme and a way of life in my household. So cool your new client is anxious for more - always a good thing. Yes, I'm enjoying the cooler weather - sweather weather today - my favorite fall weather. But, the news has it will be getting hotter again soon.

Anita, drats on losing your post. So good your walk didn't require any naproxen. Sounds as though you got lots of work done today too.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 08:11 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, getting some groceries, watering my orchids and houseplants, reading a book chapter, and getting some back yard bird feeders set-up.

Laura, so glad things went well with your new client! You seem to have a wonderful teaching mode that gets people excited about what you teach!

Paula, glad you are cooling off a bit to enjoy a sweater! I'm fine with the cold, but it's just super weird to have days below freezing this early - feels like the end of November or December, not October. Trees still have lots of leaves on them and it's impossible to rake with the snow. We'll have some melt days at the end of October (50F on Halloween), so I'm hoping the melt will clear my porch and its furniture.

Anita
Old 10-26-20, 11:38 AM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Not sure if you are hearing this on television but the temp is rising again and we have high wind. There is a bad fire along the toll road in the hills above my city. I think they are calling it the Portola Hills or Orchard Hills fire. Parts of my city are being evacuated. Other than the smoke and ash, we are still fine. In the unlikely event it burns through a bunch of homes or the air quality gets too bad, we'll move onto the boat.

We have talked about what we'd pack quickly if we have to go. So we have a plan and place if it becomes necessary to leave.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 07:08 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today just flew. I had an errand or two to run this morning, so I went out and did everything I needed to get done. I enjoyed being out and about. It was a beautiful day after the soaking rain we had yesterday. Then this afternoon, I took DH to a medical appointment. This evening, I had a remote training session and got caught up on computer stuff - email, VF, etc.

Paula - I had wondered how you are doing after seeing the news. I'm glad you are okay for now and have a plan. I'm sorry you NEED a plan. Take care.

Anita - I'm sure the birds were for you getting feeders set up. Sounds like a busy day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-27-20, 08:44 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I was planning a day, then Gus had a cough up in my bed at 5 am today, so I'm washing all my bed blankets and sheets this morning. I'm still planning a walk with Gus and putzing around the house, and reading the book chapters. My friends will be returning next week for a few nights! They are recovering his mother's car from California and returning a friend's car to our city from the East Coast, so lots of driving for them. I hope they'll be able to sleep and recover well here. I'm happy to have them back!

Paula, I'm hoping you don't have any fire damage in your neighborhood! Keep safe! Pack the car with essential materials in case the house goes! I assume papers, photos, clothing, jewelry, computers, etc. At least that's what I'd pack... I'm glad you don't have a dog or other pets to worry about... Is there a list of things you're told to bring out?

Laura, sounds like you had a very productive day! Nice day on your end . We're sunny but still cold, around freezing - it will warm up this weekend, so I'm hoping the snow melts away.

Anita
Old 10-27-20, 05:05 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a much calmer day and I got back into my routine. This morning, I did a short walking workout and this afternoon DH and went on a walk around the pond. It was a beautiful day, and it was good to get out.

Anita - It will be good to see your friends again and it's fairly soon after you last saw them. I bet they're impressed by how much progress you've made with your hip. Sorry you had such a rough time waking up.

Laura's Workout Mantras: