Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-20, 11:38 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbygirl View Post
One missing member I've thought about is Kathryn. (She always had that cat face diagram made out of hash marks under her name). I've often wondered what happened to her.
I can't find it, but in a similar thread several years ago, someone posted that she'd become ill (without any further detail).
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 06:44 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I don't mean this as anything against people who still post, of course!

I was looking up a topic that brought up older threads, and there were so many members who posted that have not been on here in years. It seems there used to be way more discussions that resulted in long and often funny and thought provoking threads.

It makes me wonder why so many people stopped posting here. Did they all start doing gym workouts? Give up exercising altogether? Have major life changes? Switch to all streaming workouts (though they are discussed here also).

Any thoughts? I guess I am trying to get a good discussion going
I"m still here, but I don't workout the way I did - and there's no reason. Im an empty nester. I started here in 96 and I was just about to marry.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 07:36 PM  
fatkat555

I’m still here, but rarely post anymore. I think due to soooo many exercise options now (dvds, streaming, YouTube, Vimeo) that it’s not a novelty anymore to have new stuff coming out because it comes out every day. I know what I like now for my workouts, but there’s definitely not the excitement I had when so-and-so has a new workout video.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 11:02 AM  
samanthaeve

hi Everyone...
I am an old member from the early days- late 1990s maybe?
Anyway, figured I would post and say Hello to Everyone.
Not sure if anyone remembers me because I didnt post too frequently, but I did belong to a TA/TONIQUE check in at some point a few years back.
samanthaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 02:45 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthaeve View Post
hi Everyone...
I am an old member from the early days- late 1990s maybe?
Anyway, figured I would post and say Hello to Everyone.
Not sure if anyone remembers me because I didnt post too frequently, but I did belong to a TA/TONIQUE check in at some point a few years back.
I remember you! Hellloooooo!
Old 05-08-20, 03:56 PM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Yes. We all loved Cathe and I emailed her and asked if a bunch of us could come and visit her gym. The first trip was about 10 people. I chickened out of the first two. She eventually started planning them herself, opened them up to others and started charging a fee.

I also contacted The Firm, set up the first couple of trips and chickened out. Finally started going.
I know why you chickened out: If you didn't like the workout, you wouldn't be able to Joni-O it without being rude; you'd just be stuck doing it.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 12:12 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I joined VF in 2001 (I had to check my profile to remember when!) and have been using VHS (!) workouts since 2000, and DVD, downloads and streaming thereafter. I am still pretty active on the forum when I have time -- between having two small kids (now 8 and 4.5 years old) and an insanely busy job (especially in last 14 months) -- I browse occassionally and post when I can. I was very active among the VF Yoginis when life was simpler. I miss Loretta S, SharonNYC, Sophie, Lisa TV and Renee D! I know some of us yoginis migrated to Flickr but I (literally) forgot/lost my Yahoo email login. VF remains my most reliable spot for fitness news
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 06:24 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I agree, the forum has changed. It's definitely quieter. For my part, I probably post less because I do more of my online stuff on my phone. I find it annoying to type any sort of lengthy post on my phone, so I end up bypassing a lot of stuff. And, I am probably busier in some ways. When my kids were little, I'd just bring a laptop to wherever they were playing and was more likely to post. My laptop died, so I use my husband's desktop, so I kind of have to be sitting in one spot now and I'm just less likely to respond to posts.

I do miss the thought-provoking posts... I think a lot of it is I'm just in a different season of life...
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 06:57 AM  
suzannaerin

I wonder if the number of "forbidden" topics contributes? One thread that was thought-provoking was shut down, much to my disappointment. I might be in the minority but I enjoy a spirited exchange of opinions, so long as everyone remains respectful.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 07:08 AM  
Carol K

I'm posting less because there are no new FIRM and BeMax workouts. That was always my focus.

Tags
absent vfers, ifit, new members, tommy rivs puzey, vf activity