Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-20, 05:37 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

As everyone has posted

Times change! I think there's so many factors that go into this. It's been a very long time here at VF!!! Yes - the Friday night chats. Oh how I loved them. The internet has evolved, social media has evolved and with it goes VF ....

I've been here a long time. Participated in a lot of the road trips. And dare I say we are all getting older? I was at a different time in my life. SAHM with young kids. Went through many evolution over the years. From working one job to working two jobs to working one job to changing jobs and now thinking of (some day) retiring!!!

I still check in almost on a daily basis. I love reading the bargains, the book thread. And sometimes just reading different threads. I mostly only post in my check in and even those have changed over the years.

I text daily with some VFers. I am active with private/secret groups on Facebook. We had gone to a mailing list, but then migrated to Facebook. Still get together with some VFers as well. The friends I've made here are for life!

I remember some of the drama, most I just walked away from. (Power button anyone?)

I am still active. Still love my bike (Got a Peloton!) and still do videos. Still would far rather exercise at home. Still come here to do searches on how to do stuff. (like screen shot a video? or mirror my Ipad to the tv?) There's just so much more content on the web and available than ever before.

Times they are a changing!!!!
Make it a great day .......
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 12:41 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I still show up sometimes (like now!) but not as often as I used to. After 20+ years a lot of us have gone from youngsters looking for killer workouts, to oldsters looking for gentler workouts Although I started a thread about Billy Blanks new TV show and no one else seems to be interested, I know I can still find others here who are into video workouts.

One of my favorite memories is when someone posted a photo of a really ugly tank top and a VFer actually ordered it and sent it to her! That sort of thing would only happen here.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 01:56 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I used to be here daily, too, and loved it. I read almost all the GD threads, and was in a rebounder check-in. That slowly broke up, and I went thru menopause, some family problems, and just drifted away.
I look in every now and then, and even joined a new check-in a while back, but wasn't doing dvds, mostly just walking and gardening, and it seemed silly to post that every day, so......

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 02:00 PM  
sherry7899

Terri! I am so glad to see you here.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 02:09 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The VFer I miss most of all is Wendy!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 03:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

my latest VF pastime is reading old threads. I even went so far as to go back to the beginning of the current version of this board in this forum - many interesting threads.

the saving grace is seeing any old post of members who joined in 2001-2002 and who ARE STILL VF supporters!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 12:45 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Haven't logged in over 3 months but that's only because work life has been at fever pitch (since April 2019!) and family life was hard over the Christmas break and beyond. I've been posting on VF since 1999 or 2000, always have used my real name, never took to any other social media sites and I still use a laptop most of the time. I started working in Big Tech in Silicon Valley since 2004 but never took to the trendy stuff. I still read a print newspaper (WSJ), walk/bike/hike a lot, deprive my kids of mobile devices, read books (Kindle only when travelling) and love exercising in my garden hut. Peloton and such are so trendy now but us VFers were way ahead of that! My friends marvel at my home gym -- dumbbells, kettlebells, yoga mat, rebounder, balance ball, ankle weights, bands, etc. -- in my garden hut. Everyone wants a "she shed" I mostly use DVDs (primarily Cathe, KCM, Gilad, Eoin Finn, Lauren Brooks but lots of others in the mix too) and some YouTube streaming because my DVDs are a sunk cost (don't feel like paying to stream a lot of stuff I already own), not because I'm a luddite with a lousy home internet connection As for YouTube, I mostly enjoy yoga practices and Jessica Smith's channel. Enough variety to keep me active at my "constant intermediate" level -- I never was one for high impact, fancy choreography or "puke in the bucket" workouts. And I've always enjoyed VF for the good company and good advice!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 05:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hiii Terri (glavtx)! I think there are more of us who share that same framework of life change. And by the way, I LOVE gardening. Soon those longer days will be here and I will smell like dirt! I think you should post and babble what you do.

Hiii Judy!! (Gardengirl) You funny thing ..it's good to see you as well. I have always wondered if your VF name really means you like to garden?

Sue B. I totally dig your 21 day challenge in your avatar.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 08:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
The VFer I miss most of all is Wendy!
Seriously.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 09:28 AM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Seriously.
True. Maybe if the site was updated, the number of "sticky's" was less etc.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
absent vfers, ifit, new members, tommy rivs puzey, vf activity