Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-20, 05:12 PM  
hotncmom

I don't post here a lot anymore because I am more interested in streaming workouts, and there's not a lot of enthusiasm here about it. A few months ago I posted a long post with tons of new streaming options and it didn't get a lot of engagement. So I just gave up and spend most of my time in Facebook groups. I do look here once or twice a week out of habit, but it's rare that anyone is posting about workouts that interest me.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 05:31 PM  
Anny

hotncmom I don’t use DVD workouts any more either. I do use downloads and YouTube and paper workouts and outside walks, and consider streaming.

I wonder about the effect of socials on forums such as this. I know that forums I was an admin for, on other topics and in the past, have kind of died as people use social media more.
Old 02-22-20, 05:52 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I primarily stream too, and I also have a lot of downloads. I still post a lot on my primary check in. My check in mates use both DVDs and streaming, it’s more about the workouts than the method of delivery.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 06:05 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

We're all still working out at home to videos (i.e., material that is filmed/recorded); it doesn't matter what the medium we use to access them is. (As Pam said. )

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 06:30 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Some folks left after a big dust up years ago.

I didn't even belong to the "Belly Busters" Check-In, but I used to read it. That one is long gone and I miss it.

I know of some former VFers who had health issues that made them temporarily or permanently unable to work out like they used to. They felt like they didn't have much to talk about on a fitness forum.

I've been having some chronic pain issues that have caused me to post less.

(You can't get rid of me though, much to some folks dismay! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
There were several train-wreck threads about the Fascia Blaster. Very strong feelings both pro and con. We lost some longtime VFers over that.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Sherry.
And you enjoyed every minute of them Alta. Come on, be honest. You live to don your tin foil hat.

It looks the the highest # of VFers was 1,843 on 10/1/2015. Right now there are about on 506 including guests. I don’t think VF lost that many members because of two posts. You’d think more people would be responding or at least posting. 506 is a decent number reading.

I remember some pretty ugly T-Tapp threads and TA threads. VF can be a little like 7th grade if you’re not one of the popular girls. I think Cardio Barre might have had a tiny rumble.

Every time VF gets extra slow there’s a big post about bringing the board back to life but it’s never too long before someone is sweetly slapped down for their own good and people dive for cover.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 06:31 PM  
Gams

Maybe I’m not looking at the right threads, but I remember very little bickering here. The only one I can remember that I was involved in was when someone posted a promo code for a workout and it turns out she wasn’t supposed to because the code was for a specific group of employees. I used the code before I found out we weren’t supposed to and I posted saying the same and someone posted saying I had edited my post to cover my butt. I WAS offended because it was an outright lie. I posted that she was lying and Wendy contacted me asking me to play nice. 😇
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 06:32 PM  
hotncmom

I hear what you all are saying, but my experience is that posts about streaming workouts either get a lackluster response (1-2 page thread) or have people complaining about the price. I just get the sense that a lot of people here aren't into it. Which is fine, there are other places to go for more enthusiasm.

If we had threads here on a new streaming workout platform that went on for 20+ pages of enthusiastic responses and the "bandwagon" effect that so many new DVD releases enjoyed back in the day, I would post here more often. I can only speak for my experience, but the OP wondered where everyone went who used to post here. Maybe somewhere where other people share their excitement for new streaming workouts?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 06:41 PM  
pgun3

I don't post much because I am not great at putting into words what I want to ask without sounding like I am rambling.

I don't stream workouts but I still like to see what people like about them and new workouts to stream. Some day I may become interested. I just bought a firestick and it worked great but now for some reason it's not connecting to my internet and I am not sure why and my basement is FREEZING and I didn't want to sit down there any longer to try and figure it out.

I also don't usually get many responses to my posts either but that is fine also.
I prefer the forums to facebook groups as it's easier to follow the conversation.

I also don't know of any other fitness forums that are active.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 06:42 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I hear what you all are saying, but my experience is that posts about streaming workouts either get a lackluster response (1-2 page thread) or have people complaining about the price. I just get the sense that a lot of people here aren't into it. Which is fine, there are other places to go for more enthusiasm.

If we had threads here on a new streaming workout platform that went on for 20+ pages of enthusiastic responses and the "bandwagon" effect that so many new DVD releases enjoyed back in the day, I would post here more often. I can only speak for my experience, but the OP wondered where everyone went who used to post here. Maybe somewhere where other people share their excitement for new streaming workouts?
I wonder if streaming sites have their own forums for like minded folks to post about workouts. I don’t stream so I’m guessing. Or maybe people just follow and post on FB and Instagram. I can’t personally stand either.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 06:43 PM  
Mickey12

I think part of the difference in lack of posts has to do with technology. I can only speak for myself, but when I started here I used my desktop computer with a regular desk chair and standard keyboard. It was very conducive to easily typing long, thoughtful posts. Now I use an iPad on my lap and two fingers to type. Because of that I just don’t type as much or don’t comment at all. Using a phone is even harder, IMO - tinier keys, difficult to use punctuation, etc. everyone has gotten accustomed to using shorter words, abbreviations, etc. as with texts. Actually I feel like I’m losing the ability to effectively communicate, particularly in person. I do it so infrequently that I feel a little awkward. Everything is text anymore. Ok, I have gotten off topic...

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
absent vfers, ifit, new members, tommy rivs puzey, vf activity