Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-13, 10:02 PM  
ckfromca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo-bina View Post
Regarding the Spinervals featuring Ray Lewis, they have a mic. on him and he is so motivational. Some of my favorite Ray-isms are "C'mon baby, I love what I'm seeing", "Momma said it ain't ever gonna be easy", "Coach, you're rough, good God almighty, "We ain't got no time for breaks" and my personal favorite "You'll pass out before you die". He like a positive cheerleader through the whole workout. The entire group of cyclists look like they just came out of the shower, there is so much sweat.
good to know. I just purchased one of the Ray Lewis Spinervals this week. They are on sale, so a good deal.
Old 01-12-13, 11:00 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaburke66 View Post
Oh wow, thanks so much for the tip! I might go back over tomorrow and snap it up. Everything I've read about them is very positive and folks seem to love them.
Not to overly enable, but I wouldn't wait if you know you want it. Good luck!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 12:56 AM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaburke66 View Post
Oh wow, thanks so much for the tip! I might go back over tomorrow and snap it up. Everything I've read about them is very positive and folks seem to love them.
I, too, almost bought the Lemond Revmaster, soooo smooth and quiet!
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 07:57 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

A wonderful mp3 if you like to spin to the beat!!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sp...ng/id404624803

I love this workout! Such a gem!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 08:00 AM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
Gregg is my favorite spin instructor at my gym! He recorded another program a couple of weeks ago so look out for that.

I think mp3s are are great for spinning.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 09:29 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenP View Post
Gregg is my favorite spin instructor at my gym! He recorded another program a couple of weeks ago so look out for that.

I think mp3s are are great for spinning.
Lucky you!! I would love to spin live with him!!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 09:39 AM  
atticus
VF Supporter

I recommend Revolution Group Rx – Cycling Vol. 7: http://www.powermusic.com/music/acti...ion-vol-7.html It was the best spinning dvd I have ever done (imho)! Just like a good spin class, without leaving home! Motivating instructors and fun music!
Old 01-13-13, 09:57 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticus View Post
I recommend Revolution Group Rx – Cycling Vol. 7: http://www.powermusic.com/music/acti...ion-vol-7.html It was the best spinning dvd I have ever done (imho)! Just like a good spin class, without leaving home! Motivating instructors and fun music!
These look fantastic! They are pricey though.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 10:04 AM  
mspina

You'll have to somewhat figure out what "style" you really click with. Spinning classes are very different from workouts that are more focused on cyclists doing their off-season training on a bike trainer (e.g., Spinervals). I'm in the latter category and usually you really do like one style or another (I can't stand spinning ).

If you want to try out Spinervals, you've gotten some great suggestions already - the Ray Lewis workouts are VERY popular, but they are also pretty challenging. Troy has a workout called Spinervals 101 that consists of an intro to indoor training and tips on how to improve your cycling in the off season, as well as short (35, 40 minutes) workouts with different focus (skills/aerobic and a threshold workout). You might also take a look at the Fitness Collection which is a tad easier (not easy, but easier) than the Competition series.

As Karen mentioned, some Spinervals include some off the bike work, but outside of the Ultra Conditioning series (for which off the bike strength work is an integral part of the workouts), there are only a small handful that have this, and there is always an option and there are athletes performing those reps on the bike (usually with big gear work).

Have fun with your new toy!!!

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 11:32 AM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckfromca View Post
totally agree. I did an old Spinervals this week and remembered why I don't use it more often. The music is horrible. It sounds like shopping mall music - horrible. I think the newer ones give you a music off option, which is the only way I will do spinervals.
That's why I use the no music option when it's offered and play my own music. The ones without the no music option, I keep the volume just loud enough to hear Coach Troy, then I put my iPod on, and ride to my own music anyway.

Julie - welcome to the dark side!!! You'll love spinning - hard core but so easy on the joints.

Tags
group rx, music off option, power music, power music group rx, spinning, spinning.com, virtual cycling