Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-12-21, 08:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Upper Body Blast - this one is on her paid site - it is 20 min of upper body w/ light weights.

Senior Shape Fitness (You Tube) - Gentle Pilates and Stretch - I swallowed my pride, LOL, and did a workout from a "Senior" channel, but this was a very good routine - it was mainly stretching and mobility, but it felt really good. I will definitely do this one again - the only drawback is it is on the longer side, but well worth it if you have the time.

I really liked Lauren - she doesn't look very "senior" to me - and she has a nice variety of workouts on her channel - kickboxing, barre, weights, low impact, Pilates...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkW...tZqqA/featured

Later today I will get my Leslie mile done.

Carol - that hip mobility routine is interesting and I also noticed the same thing as you - one side is way more flexible than the other. I meant to get back to Jessica V this week, but I didn't...maybe next week, LOL! I would probably not last very long in the Plains - I read a book recently about the Children's Blizzard. Oh my! I guess I can live with our dreary/cloudy days - things are generally pretty predictable out here.

Nice work, Dana....I am not a fan of those temps, that is for sure. The good thing for me, is that the cold weather that was predicted here may not happen, I think the moisture we are getting is bringing in warmer air - so the 20's we were supposed to have will be upper 30's/40's. The trade off is that it is gray and dreary and every day we are getting some form of precipitation - rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow or sometimes all of them!

Christine - nice job - there are so many good channels now on You Tube. Thanks for sharing that one!

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 09:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday as a break from my desk I did Up to the Beat Fit (You Tube) - Soul Session Walk. I really enjoyed it - good music, fun. It is funny b/c I prefer Gina B's You Tube stuff to her DVD releases, for the most part, anyway. I do like her circuit workouts that she released to DVDs but her walk/dance workouts on DVD are a bit meh to me, not as good as the You Tube versions. Still, she is a great positive force out there to workout w/.

Today I did:

Jessica Smith - 4 Mile Power Walk - I did Miles 1, 2 and 3. I figured DD and i are not walking today - cold and possibly some sort of wintry mix thing going on.

Blessful Body - Calming Spine Flow - this was a nice mobility/stretching routine. I really like this site, but I also don't feel I would use it enough to pay for it on a regular basis...so I think after my trial ends I will not sign up.

Of course, after doing Jessica's workout today I'm thinking....Fusion February? LOL! Or maybe I'll do a Jessica & Jessica rotation - Jessica V and Jessica S!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-13-21, 10:28 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

Pahla B - Weight Training for Weight Loss (February 2021, Day 1) - 24 minutes;
The Balanced Life Pilates - Pilates for Beginners - 13 minutes & 5 Minute Pilates Stretching

This workout from Pahla was a little different from most of the strength workouts of hers that I've done - there were several single-sided strength moves, which of course worked your balance as well. I used my 4's, Pahla used her 5's.

Looking forward to Sunday - a low of 1 tonight and a high on Sunday of 2, with 6 to 8 inches of snow and 20 to 30 mph winds. Sounds like a lovely day.

Donna - Nice job! I've done that workout from Senior Shape and enjoyed it as well.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 05:44 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

I'm taking a rest weekend. I've been feeling a little run down again, so I'm listening to my body.

Carol, thanks so much for sharing that Senior Pilates Youtube! I really like the looks of her videos. I'd like to try some at some point. Do you think Robin will reopen membership soon? I've been thinking of joining again. I saw on FB she's been talking a lot about 10 minute workouts, and that she has a big announcement coming soon. I wonder if it will be some sort of 10 minute a day workout program.

Donna, that's great that you take breaks like that from your desk. DH gets up too throughout the day to walk around the plant where he works. Are you in for snow next week? We're due for a lot more almost everyday!

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 07:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Lindsay Brin - Basic Strength - 24 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates: Strong Ankles, Knees & Hips - 18 minutes

Lindsay's workout is from her Balanced Body Prep 3 week rotation on her streaming site, Moms into Fitness. She has a lot of barre workouts there, and I'm a little bored, so thought I would try it out.

Jessica's Ankles Knees & Hips routine was a good one - mostly standing work, much like a barre workout, with some side-lying work at the end.

Christine - I've seen Robin's Facebook posts and wondered if she was getting ready to reopen her membership. I guess we'll see.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 02-14-21, 09:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I needed to see the beach so I did:

Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga and Pilates - Standing AND Floor work sections. This one is not easy in spite of the "Gentle" title - a lot of balance in the standing section and some tough (for me) anyway exercises in the floor section. I do modify some...

Today, dreary... This is a tough February...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Ellen's new workout is up and it looks nice - sort of CS-ish.

Christine - good idea to listen to your body - I have been trying to get better at doing that myself.

Carol - interesting workouts! I was thinking that this week I would do some Jessica Valent....I did the Strong Ankles, Knee and Hips workout once before and I think I will try to fit it in somewhere this week. Was thinking I may try to double up on some workouts since I missed some this month.

Donna
Old 02-15-21, 08:41 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a rest day. I shoveled a little snow, making a path for the dogs to get out and do their business. We only had about 5 inches and the snow was very, very dry - very powdery, like I've seen when I would ski all those years ago. It is awfully cold this morning - my phone says 13 below. Not an all time record for cold here (that's 16 below) but still cold. And with the wind added...

Donna - I agree with your assessment of Jessica's "gentle" pilates DVD. It isn't easy. Hopefully I will have the motivation to workout later. I had zero motivation yesterday. I just wanted to hibernate.

Carol
Old 02-15-21, 09:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and i did get out to walk - it was dreary, but not terribly cold or windy.

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Smith (You Tube) - Quick Low Impact Cardio Blast (12 min)
Jessica Smith (You Tube) - 1 Mile Power Walk (20 min)
Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates w/ Weights

I decided to show Jessica a little love since she seems to be getting so much flack for not providing updates on Lift & Shift. While I understand wanting new workouts it isn't like she took our money in a pre-order and has suddenly disappeared with it. Also, you would think given the state of the world right now that people would be more willing to give grace like all of us, she is dealing with the challenges of a global pandemic. And, she is a new mom of a baby/toddler....Anyway, I just think we should all be more patient and forgiving (not like we aren't in our little check in....but I just had to rant/ramble about it!)

I did enjoy re-visiting her You Tube channel and I think I'm going to do more workouts from her channel as a way of showing support for her - yes, I know she makes money from You Tube, but she is still incredibly generous in sharing so much content on that channel for no cost to her viewers. She could have easily gone on an pulled content and started a paid site...

I enjoyed Jessica V's workouts, too, even though it was challenging for me. I always do feel pretty balanced by Jessica V's workouts, even if they are challenging. I'm working on getting caught up on on her Feb calendar.

Carol - that is cold, Yikes. It is hard to be motivated right now - the weather is so lousy...every day is gray...

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 02-15-21, 07:51 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Lindsay Brin - Barre Cardio - 24 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Full Body Strengthening & Cardio - 30 minutes

First time I have ever worked out wearing long underwear under my regular workout clothes, plus a sweater!

Lindsay's barre cardio was basically low impact cardio, although there were portions that were higher impact, they could be easily modified. I did work up a sweat.

Full Body Strengthening & Cardio was Smriti's newest - and I guess last - workout. I liked it a lot - it was about 2/3 standing and 1/3 on the mat. All of it incorporated weights.

It has been so cold here today! I think our high was 7! We are expecting rolling blackouts this evening and all of the area schools have cancelled classes for tomorrow because of the possibility of blackouts. Lovely!

Donna - Nice workouts! You are right, Jessica has been incredibly generous with us! I am looking forward to Lift & Shift, but I figure it will get here when it gets here. In the interim, I popped off and bought: https://smile.amazon.com/Define-Alig...3436633&sr=8-2

Too much time on my hands, obviously!

Carol
Old 02-16-21, 09:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My DD and I tried to walk yesterday, but it was pretty grim out there, we didn't get far.

I also added on the Essentircs workout for the kick off of leg week. It was a live workout w/ Gail. It was a nice routine.

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Smith - 30 Min Fusion Strength - (You Tube) - this was a tough little workout....and the first day of the Four Weeks of Fusion rotation. I'm not sure if I will follow the rotation or not, but, at least as of today, I'm thinking about it.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 13 - Feel - I picked this series up where I left off. It was an enjoyable practice.

I will try to get up for a walk today. It is back to work after the long weekend, unfortunately.

Carol - I hope you are doing ok w/ the storms and power outages - hopefully minimal impact for you. Ugh.

That program looks great - I put it on my Amazon wish list. Is the instructor the lady who has the You Tube channel Workout Hotel?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Workouthotel

I may try some of her workouts.

Keep us posted when you can both about the situation in Texas and the workouts!

Waves, everyone,

Donna