Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-21, 05:20 PM  
furmomof6

Hi!

Shaped by Faith: Pilates Mat Floor Work (15 min)

I'm glad it's not just me with Denise!

Donna, thanks for sharing that link! I saw her daughter on the website and wondered if the apple didn't fall far. They're cute together!

Dana, I hope Oliver is doing well!

Carol, I had never heard of Treadmill TV. I checked out the website, the scenery looks nice!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 05:45 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Dana, I hope Oliver is doing well!
Christine, Oliver is doing great! It's only been a little over 2 weeks but he's totally at home with us by now. We love him to bits! Just a wonderful cat that deserves all the love he's been needing and getting from us. He eats a lot though. I've never seen a cat eat as much as he does. He was dewormed by the shelter and he got a clean bill of health, so it may be that he was hungry in the past and is eating now like it may be his last meal. I will take him to our vet for a check up but I don't want to do it just yet. He's been abandoned twice that I know of, and I don't really want to put him in a carrier and hand him over in the parking lot to the vet tech to be examined by a stranger without us being there. He's healthy otherwise, so I'll wait a month or so. I don't want to cause him any unnecessary stress. Wonderful cat. He made us come to terms with losing Basil. One cat never replaces another, but adopting Oliver had filled the big hole in our hearts.
Old 02-10-21, 06:44 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were:

Jessica Valant Pilates: Pilates Challenge with Weights - 30 minutes and 10 Minute Stretches for Relaxation and Flexibility

Jessica's Pilates Challenge with Weights was new to me. I did have to modify some of it and used my 3 lb weights (Jessica used 5lb weights and she struggled with some of this workout, so I didn't feel so bad for modifying). Good, strength based workout.

I noticed Lauren at Senior Shape Fitness has released a new pilates video that runs about 30 minutes - I previewed it and it looks good! I will try to add it on this weekend.

Dana - So glad Oliver is doing well! He probably does eat well because he hasn't always been sure where his next meal is coming from. Or maybe he was the runt of the litter - I've had dogs like that, and they never get over that fear of not having enough to eat. As for the Super Bowl, it looked like the men playing the boys this year. I didn't expect that.

Christine - No, it's definitely not just you with Denise. And you're right, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Donna - Good job! I haven't tried LWR. It's nice that she provides a calendar - direction is generally good, especially with so many available choices.

Waves to Brenda, Linda and Cheri!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I wasn't feelin' it today - so I just did a stretch routine this morning - it was the Deep Stretch from CocoLime - MitFit 90.

Late on today I will get my walk in w/ Leslie!

Yesterday I did a walk at lunch - from Leslie/Walk at Home's You Tube channel - it was actually filmed outside and lead by Rocky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhDvvCtR4Qc

Not much else to report - snow for the next few days....but I guess it is February.

Carol - I did that routine from Jessica awhile back, I enjoyed it! I was going to focus more on her stuff this week, but I just haven't yet, LOL! I have previewed bits of the Senior Shape workouts and they look pretty good. They would probably "play well" with CocoLime actually, similar concept, "traditional" workouts for people who don't want to be worked to death. She has a kickboxing one that looks interesting, barre and a low impact HIIT. I will have to fit them into the schedule - I shouldn't be vain, but it is the "senior" title that bugs me...maybe call them something else??? I should just get over it though.

Dana - I'm glad Oliver is settling in so well! I agree, one pet never replaces another, and they are all special in their own way. I like the idea of splitting up workouts!

Christine - nice job! Are you feeling any better?

I have a crazy busy day today....back to back meetings...

I think I get a break at 2:30 at which time I will schedule my walk.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 07:55 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates: Low Impact HIIT - 20 minutes;
Senior Shape - Pilates Mat Toning for Abs, Butt & Thighs - 30 minutes

I really enjoyed Jessica Low Impact HIIT routine - it was the least hiit-like of any I've done, but it did get my heart rate up.

Lauren's new pilates workout was a nice one - it was mostly focused on butt & thighs, with some really nice lower body stretching at the end. I need to do more of her workouts.

Nothing new here - it's cold, going to get colder and snow on Sunday they say - a high of 3 and snow, I can hardly wait - and we will struggle to get above freezing for the next week or so. We've already had several cold days and freezing fog and snow in the mornings - I'm tired of it.

Donna - Good for you for doing something especially when you didn't want to! LOL about the aversion to the name Senior Shape. I used to feel that way until I finally accepted that I will turn 65 this year.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 02-11-21, 03:12 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to check in and tell everyone good job with your workouts!

Keep up the good work!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 08:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I managed to do 2 miles w/ Leslie in the afternoon - it was one of those days at work - so I needed the stress relief. I did the Purple and Green Miles from the DVD w/ the color coded Miles - I think it is Daily Walk?

Today, so far, has been:

Walk at Home - Run, Walk and Lift (20 min). This one is on You Tube and is pretty meh - am I in the minority in not liking Nick all that much? I don't know what it is...but he isn't one of my favorite Walk at Home instructors - anyway, it did the job - steps and a tiny bit of bicep and tricep toning.

I followed up w/ CocoLime MITFIT 90 - Total Body Mat Workout which was pretty good - all floor work exercises done 40 seconds on/20 seconds off.

I will probably try to get a little something else in today as well.

Carol - We are getting some snow and cold weather, too, but not as bad as you - 20's and 30's much better than 3! Freezing fog?? YIKES.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 09:37 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Wed: Shaped by Faith: Standing Pilates (15 min)
Thurs: Shaped by Faith: Pilates Mat: Core & Legs (15 min)

I'm really liking these 15 minute clips on Youtube. They're perfect for me right now. I found yet another Pilates channel if anyone is interested! I came upon it by accident. It's called "The Girl with the Pilates Mat".

Donna, my rash has been gone, yay! Thank you! We got another 5 inches of snow the other day, and more to come within the week. I think our temps and weather are about the same.

Dana, I'm so happy to hear that about Oliver! I totally understand wanting to put off the vet visit for now. It's sad how upsetting that is for them. We have a cat that we rescued from a feral group - he was friendlier than the rest. He still eats like it's his last meal. I feel bad, he gets so anxious he always makes this desperate meow and starts grabbing it off of the spoon while I'm putting it into his bowl. And believe me, he's not starving, lol.

Carol, yikes 3 is cold! We had a low of 9 the other night. Is that Pilates for Seniors on Youtube?

Hi, Linda!

Waves to Cheri!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 10:09 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast 40min. I started with JS Poise and Grace but I only lasted 2 minutes. While I normally like that class, I was in a mood for something more upbeat and with better music which is a great motivator.

I'm planning to do ePilates Intermediate Flow class - 20min later in the afternoon. Hopefully I'll do it.

Sunny here but continues to be cold. We're up to 7F right now, real feel is -6F. I like it!

I have to run some errands today but no work. Waving hi to all!
Old 02-12-21, 06:58 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies!

Thursday's workouts were:

Treadmill - 15 minute walk;
Jessica Valant Pilates: Hip Mobility Routine - 17 minutes & Beginner Ab Workout - 10 minutes

Jessica's Hip Mobility Routine was interesting - definitely some movements that I hadn't done before, and as to be expected, one side is more open - much more open - than the other.

Dana - Metabolic Blast is a really good workout! I need to figure out how to work those kinds of Cathe workouts into my regular workout schedule without over doing it. You would like our weather for the next few days. Cold, cold and more cold, with a touch of wind and snow. I'm glad I can stay home out of the weather for the next days (after today).

Christine - nice job! The Senior Shape workouts are on YouTube. They are generally longer than what you are doing right now, but she has workouts ranging from 10 minutes all the way up to 45 minutes. I've only done a couple of them, but I've liked what I've done. She has barre, pilates, weights, low impact cardio. Here's her channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkW...LuRDhH7uxtZqqA

Another nice looking pilates channel is Move with Nicole: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEb...iHpKiOMj9GFhVw
Her workouts look tougher than SeniorShape Fitness.

We are in for some cold weather the next few days, with lows well below zero. I think our all time low is something like 12 below, but I don't think we are in danger of breaking that record.

Donna - Nice job! I'm not the biggest Nick fan either. I can take him in small doses, but as the heir apparent to Leslie, he's not it for me. Freezing Fog is pretty common out in the Plains in the winter. That 100 car pile up in Fort Worth yesterday - I'm betting that was due to freezing fog. Freezing fog is bad, but better than freezing rain.

Waves to Brenda, Linda, and Cheri.

Carol