Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-21, 09:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

34 minute outdoor walk (yay finally!)
60 kettlebell swings

It got well into the 40s yesterday and I couldn't resist taking a short neighborhood walk. No ice and minimal traffic so it worked out fine. I'm hoping to get another walk in today before the next snowstorm tomorrow.

PENGUIN, sounds like LWR worked out for you. I've been reading about her on a few GD threads. She seems to be well liked.
Good luck with the crappy weather this week. After the snowstorm we have a deep freeze coming.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 08:03 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I'm glad to hear that you got to go outside! Its no fun being stuck indoors. Its raining again here. I hope you were able to get another walk in. Lucy talks a lot, but her outdoor workouts make up for it. After my last workout yesterday I let YT pick another, while I wrote things up, and she did an UB workout similar to the walk and tone versions. I need to look that one up because I'm ready to start trying light weights again.

Today I started with a Fitness Type's 20m Standing Pilates, while we repeated a set of 10 exercises again, yawn, it was a good workout, there weren't any exercises I had to modify or replace. Then I moved to Rich Bhullar's Fast Walking 2850s, followed by his 90's Guilty Pleasures workout {good workout, nice outdoor setting}, and his 7m Cooldown {which was actually a stretch}.

They moved the snow to next Monday and raised the temps but just put off the yucky weather.

Hubby bought a Blazer to fix; its in a neighbors garage for now. He and Dad are going to work on it Tuesday while Mom and I watch Hallmark movies.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 09:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

36 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

The snow has started already today so hopefully I can find an indoor workout that motivates me to do it. I've been feeling a little down lately so I'm sure working out will help me but I can't seem to get started.
I can't wait for winter to be over.

PENGUIN, glad you had another mostly enjoyable workout day (except for the repeats). Sounds like fun watching movies with your mom

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 02-07-21, 07:21 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, snowing, again? They are still predicting snow for us but they keep moving it back. I hope the exercise can brighten your spirits, if not maybe a nap will help. I'm out of Christmas movies so, since I have some advance notice, I'm recording Hallmark movies for us to watch. We've already seen then but they are from several years ago. Hubby will watch them with me, and its interesting getting a guy's perspective but Mom really gets into them with me.

I decried that since my shoulder was feeling better to try some UB weight workouts. I started with 3's then in the second workout dropped to 2's, finally 1's, but so far so good.

UTTB Dua Lipa's Physical-UB weights, "Calling On Me' Shoulder and Bicep Blast, UB Band Burn {this is when I dropped to 1's}, 90's Power Walk, and J Lo Mix Power Walk. Ironically, this workout was inspired by the mid-game show of the superbowl from 3? years ago. {not a football fan}

Old 02-08-21, 07:49 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well, it finally happened. I was walking last Wednesday outside. It felt mild, so I didn’t take my walking pole with me like an idiot. 2 km from home, I slipped on the ice and broke my shoulder in 3 places.

Obviously, I have no workouts to report! The rest of the winter looks pretty bleak for me. I’ll just echo SB in saying I can’t wait for it to be over.

Maybe I’ll be able to do some Leslie or LB stuff at some point....but not yet.
Old 02-08-21, 09:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[B][I][COLOR="DarkRed"]Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings
planks

Also about 30 minutes of snow shoveling with DD. We got another 6 or 7 inches of snow. Thankfully the neighbor came by again with the snowblower and did the driveway and side walkway. It's also not supposed to get out of the 20s today so it will be cold and icy and the snow mountains are growing so no outdoor walking.

NORA, oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear you fell and broke your shoulder!! That's terrible.
It sounds so painful. Does it require surgery? Take your time and rest for now before you tackle Leslie or lower body work.
{{hugs}} and healing wishes.

PENGUIN, glad your shoulder held up to the weighted workouts. That's so sweet that you and your mom enjoy the Hallmark movies together

Waves to all. Be safe everyone!
Old 02-08-21, 08:00 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Oh Nora!~ how Terrible! I'm so sorry that happened to you! It sounds very painful. Are you going to have to have surgery? {I wrote my answer before reading SB's but obviously we think alike } Hoping for a swift and easy recovery! Take care of yourself!

SB, You have such a nice neighbor to help you out. I can't imagine that much snow!

I meant to take a 30m nap last night, I even set a timer, but ended up sleeping 2 hours. I expected to not be able to sleep last night but I slept though the night and woke up, if not bushy tailed, at least refreshed. weird.

In light of Nora's shoulder I won't crow about this too much but I was very pleased that while my shoulder hurt a bit last night its fine this morning. I'm not ready to call it healed but I'm glad its doing so well.

Today was barre/dance {not barn dance!} Since I liked Fitness Type's Pilates workout, I decided to see if she has barre too. She did, 1 workout. but it was good. 10m Butt and Thigh barre workout, I almost did it twice! but I moved on to Reps to the Rhythm's 14m LB strength workout followed by 1800 Walk and Dance. I decided to look for a short workout to listen to while I did my own stretch, and found 7 m cooldown by Jaclyn Wood. this was all stretch, no mods, but gorgeous mountain and wooded background.

Old 02-09-21, 08:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

33 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings
planks & push-ups

It was so bright and sunny yesterday I couldn't resist a short neighborhood walk.
We're having a little snow right now but I don't think it's going to amount to much.
So hopefully a walk later today.

PENGUIN, looks like a nice workout day for you. You're lucky you got a good night's sleep after a 2 hour nap! Yes we do think alike, our response to NORA was almost identical!

NORA, thinking of you! Hope you're doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-10-21, 09:35 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

I thought Id check in, even if I have no real workout to report. Thanks for commiserating with me SB and PP. No, thankfully I do not need surgery as nothing was dislocated. Yes, it hurts!

Just to spur you on with your workouts: I'm happy my legs aren't too weak, as I have to squat a lot since I can't bend over. So keep up your leg workouts, lest youre ever in my situation. Also, my abs are actually sore from using them more than usual with almost everything I have to do. So past fitness pays off and is actually making things easier I think.

Yesterday, I slowly paced around my house while listening to an audio book. At least it got me off the couch and I got in a couple thousand steps. I plan on doing the same today.
Old 02-10-21, 09:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

60 kettlebell swings
plank and push-ups

I had a few phone appointments yesterday and it was gray and damp which killed what little motivation I had to get outside and walk. I am planning on getting out there today to walk.

NORA, good to see you checking in.
Also good to know your past workout regime is paying off. The slow paced walking around the house sounds like a good start. Thankfully no surgery too!

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!