Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-20-21, 08:30 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - Do we know if Trifecta is going to keep the new challenge up or if it's for a limited time?
Old 02-20-21, 08:42 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - Do we know if Trifecta is going to keep the new challenge up or if it's for a limited time?
I don't know. I tried to join, but one link wouldn't work for me, and the other link said I'd get an email, but I never did. Maybe that's a sign I don't need to do it...

They are only 15 minutes, so I may do them as they are posted as add ons.

Sandy O
Old 02-21-21, 12:53 AM  
Helen

Sorry I've not been around. I HAVE been moving, not enough, and not OFTEN enough, but at the very least Alice gets her walk.

DH went to the farm, so left alone (apart from the fluffy one) and one particular class has been *challenging (that's a euphemism )

Stuck with finishing Sadhana (Tim 30 Day challenge saw it out) right after work, and immediately moved into one of Adriene's monthly sets (have downloaded & burnt several to DVD).

Busy with work today (Sunday) but DH is now home, so I'll be in a better mood and back on board. When I get this current block of work done (If I get it done with time to spare) I'll update my weekly pages.

9th Tue
Tim's Yoga - Day 24
10th Wed
Tim's Yoga - Day 25
Gilad - Bodies in Motion - Ep 08
Tony - Power Half HOur - Arm Toner
11th Thu
Tim's Yoga - Day 26
12th Fri
Tim's Yoga - Day 27
13th Sat
Tim's Yoga - Day 28
Cathe - Low Impact Series - Low Impact Challenge - Step Express 1 Mix
14th Sun
Tim's Yoga- Day 29
15th Mon
Tim's Yoga - Day 30 (finished Sadhana)
Cathe - Hardcore - Muscle Max - Upper Body Only Mix
16th Tue
Adriene - Revolution - Day 1 Ease
Cathe - Intensity - Timesaver Double HIIT + Bootcamp Mix
17th Wed
Adriene - Revolution - Day 2 Intention
18th Thu
Adriene - Revolution - Day 3 Honour
19th Fri
Adriene - Revolution - Day 4 Prana
20th Sat
61min, Cathe - Power Max
Adriene - revolution - Day 5 Rhythm

Did HALF of Cathe's Power Max somewhere before Saturday
but didn't finish, so didn't log it
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 12:44 AM  
Helen

Sunday 21st - Adriene - Revolution - Day 06 Attention & Abs
also 94min walk with DD & Alice, beach + breakwater. She missed the beach - far from one where she lives in Sydney.

Monday after work now - habit is to change clothes right away: (DONE)
then do the next Adriene: shortly (DONE)

feeling the Mondivation (DH is home & DD is still here ) and the crappy boys in Year 10 weren't so crappy today as they've had to deal with deputies & had a higher level than me phone home!

ETA Tuesday (for MONDAY)
So... went up & started Cathe's Step Jam and became SO drippy wet, stopped half way & went to dry off in the a/c with DH & Bridget. That was even with the big floor-fan on high. Walked out to go up & finish it & hit a wall of HUMID in the kitchen, paused on a sidetrack for a few minutes and was dripping again - Nope, not happening!
So Adriene + half of Step Jam was it (and a 90min dog walk with Bridget)

Tuesday
the next Adriene and
Cathe - Perfect30 - Pump - Basic Mix 7 (Upper Body + Upper Body Bonus)
very pleased to have used 7kg (15lb) dumbbells for all the bench presses & flys, didn't even notice my shoulder with pushups or scarecrows - it's taken almost 18months, but it's pretty-well fixed itself now.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-23-21, 08:43 AM  
SandyO

Helen, you've been keeping busy. I am glad to see your shoulder has responded to your rehab.

March Thread
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230474

Sandy O
Old 02-24-21, 01:05 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
... I am glad to see your shoulder has responded to your rehab....Sandy O
I just kept doing what I had been doing anyway, just lowered weights (some moves went to NO weight) if it hurt. Pushups took the longest, and only just starting to tackle them on my toes again - was up to 25 non-stop on toes beforehand.

Thank you for setting up the March thread. I'm SO in!!!
Work is sh!t (nothing new there) & DH will be going to the farm more often: told me today he'll need to be doing 2 weeks home/away alternating for a while to work on the house out there. He won't ever go much longer than 2 weeks at a time - for me.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-24-21, 09:43 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - How are you doing with Caroline's hour long workouts? I'm ready for some shorter days myself and am thinking that would be great before diving into EPIC 2.
Old 02-24-21, 11:53 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - How are you doing with Caroline's hour long workouts? I'm ready for some shorter days myself and am thinking that would be great before diving into EPIC 2.
I am actually finding the 1 hour at home series more doable than the 45 minute classes from the Strong and Lean series. I think the one hour were more balanced like alternating legs and core or doing some abs, some arms, legs, some arms, some abs.

I have liked most of the HIIT series except for the bulk of them being burpees. The ones for certain reps I am never able to do the amount of reps. I not only don't get a break, I cut into the next round.

I will probably pick and choose workouts going forward but preview them before committing.

Sandy O
Old 02-24-21, 11:41 PM  
Vantreesta

It's been an up and down week. I forget now why I didn't workout on Monday. Tuesday I started the 30-Day Qi gong challenge again then did Caroline Jordan's exercises for high hamstring tendonitis, ran/walked 1.972 mi for wk3 day2 of the 10k trainer, 12 Days of Crossrope day 8, a segment of Quick Fix Pilates Abs and Slim & Limber. I felt great and got housework done before breakfast and everything else. Today I didn't feel great when I got up so went back to bed for an hour. Body was better but still feel weird/off. I was hoping changing to spring wouldn't mess me up this year but I'm not so sure. Anyway, I couldn't get myself to workout this morning or do anything else. I decided I would workout after my 2:00 chiro appt, was all fired up for it and as I walked up to the house coming back from my appt I discovered our 100+ pound cement dwarf who's been sitting in front of our house for a decade was gone. Who steals a big cement statue from someone's house??? I have just been so upset about it and never did workout or do anything else. I know I should have shaken it off and moved on but i am just stuck on the fact that someone had to actually plan to steal it. It's not like you toss a hunk of cement in your backpack and walk away. It took a plan, at least two people and a vehicle and it was done while I was in the house, unless they were ballsy enough to do it while we were out walking. So that was my day. I hope I stop dwelling on it tmrw.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 08:57 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - Thanks for the great information about Caroline's other series. I know what you mean about combined body parts as today was shoulders alternated with plank work and I loved it. Her EMOM are super tough! I cut the reps from the get go trying to keep all them the same for all the exercises and then reduce some more from there to give myself 10-15 sec rest. I'd rather focus on form than speed and no way can my body do what hers does!

Vannie - So sorry about your dwarf. That really sucks. I always think how much fun it would be to rearrange someone's lawn stuff but not to take it!

Helen - Waves across the water.