Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-21, 09:26 AM  
kaykay

Smile

Good Morning, Today I am doing yin yoga with Travis. I have done 6 days straight of Epic II. Looking forward to some stretching. I have been adding kettlebells in place of weights in many of her moves in her workouts. I get kettlebells in at the same time as her workouts. Have a wonderful day all.
kaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 10:05 AM  
Erica H.

I did the new legs workout from Epic 2 and liked it a lot! Tomorrow is shoulders on the calendar and I don't know if I want to spend an entire session on just shoulders. I'll see the workout description in the morning and decide then.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 10:10 AM  
bex

No Caroline today, I reached for Ultimate Yogi Strength practice instead.

A virgin to me, and one I would never have been able to do before. Even managed 3 'yogi-style' pushups!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 10:30 AM  
buffmama

EPIC I Day 25 Full Body HIIT today. So many shoulder intensive moves this week and in general. I stretch them daily but they are definitely a weak/sore spot. Ha. And no way did I move as quickly as she did - just happy to be doing the moves!
Old 01-26-21, 03:02 PM  
ChelePA

I did a hodgepodge of workouts today. It included Caroline Girvan’s standing abs only. It was about 10 minutes. Hip flexors were really feeling it more than core. It was a good balance challenge too.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 07:36 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

MOSSA Blast for cardio today. Added Rodney Yee stretches. Tomorrow I'm planning to do Epic 2 Arms. I love working my arms!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 07:48 AM  
IceQueen07

We are somewhat moved into our temporary home, still waiting on furniture to arrive, but have some of my weights so I was able to start Week 8 of EPIC. Felt so good to do a workout again. I hope to get back on track this week so I can complete EPIC I and start on II.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 09:09 AM  
buffmama

EPIC I Day 21 Leg DB Complexes - Tough but doable. I dropped to 15 lbs for the last standing complex. Grip strength on my left hand is definitely worse than my right. Always follow these with a nice stretch.
Old 01-27-21, 09:32 AM  
manleym

Yesterday I did Caroline's 5 Minute Warm Up Routine, her Supersets HiiT workout, followed by Heather Robertson’s Brutal HiiT Workout Legs, Glutes + Thighs. They were GREAT workouts! Heather's is a great add on for a quick, tough lower body workout. It isn't long but there are no rests, alternating between a HiiT and weight move. Tied in with Caroline's Supersets because in both workouts each move is repeated 3 times. So the two workouts complimented each other well. Great workouts!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 10:47 AM  
kat999

Good morning! I started the Beginner series today. I'm going to just do Caroline twice a week and work through from Beginner to Epic I and then II. I'm pretty experienced with weight training at home, so if things seem hard I'm going to modify as she recommends or use lighter weights, but goodness, this short little bodyweight workout really packs a punch! I actually felt a little tweakiness in my right knee after the work involving single legs and the chair, so when it came time to do the squats where you kneel, then squat and stand, I just did traditional squats instead. After I did a 15-minute Essentrics leg stretch, my knee feels fine, so it might not have been an actual pull/injury but just that it got a LOT more work on it than it usually does!

If she uses the chair similarly again, I'm going to swap it for my FIRM box, which is just a tiny bit lower than the chair I keep in my home gym, and I think for single-leg lunges, that will help my knees a bit.

I asked this in the other thread about her stuff, but does anybody ever mute her and swap in their own music? The only downside would seem that you lose the sound of the timer, and if you're doing something that has you looking away from the screen, that might be annoying.

Tags
caroline girvan, growing annanas, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle