Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-28-21, 08:48 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Lili: Thanks! I like to change things up. Of course, it's the same avatar from Facebook, but the masked one was getting old. (I still mask up all the time, so not to worry about that!)

Pam: You also know me well. I am a tough hold out. BUT, I am doing more stretching and mobility than ever before (not to mention core) and some of the moves are crossovers, so don't give up hope on me. YET. Your harbour walk sounds wonderful.

Waves to Helen & anyone else who may be reading. (Vannie?)

February is winding down. I have hope, as our time change is only 2 weeks away, spring begins in 3 weeks and whether we're committing to EDI ____ or not, time is marching on (no pun intended!) My mood will get better, days will get longer, the sun will come out and spring/summer will arrive. Just have to keep swimming.

2/27/2021: Power Zone 60 mins. Called for ride with Matt. (One that I put off for awhile cuz it was A LOT in zone 4 - not my favorite). then a 30 mins. PZ ride with Matt (also for the challenge), now that week is done. 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch, 10 minutes Glutes & Legs w/Matty**, 20 minutes glutes & legs w/Chase, 10 minutes Core with Ben, 20 minutes Full Body Stretch with Rebecca

** This leg & glute workout was all lunges. Not bad. Not unbearable.

Chase's was ALL squats (100 of them?) until the last 4 minutes. I ended up doing the squats for the first two rounds and then I subbed in curtsy lunges, deadlifts and kettlebell swings. All still lower body, just not all squats. To be honest? With all my rowing, I feel like my quads and the "squatting" motion is taken care of, so I wanted to give a little love to the hamstrings and outer thighs. I think it worked nicely.

I liked Ben's core workout and may do it again. (from 2/24/2021 at 1:00 a.m.) Of course, I bookmark ones thinking I like them, go back to do them a second time and ask myself, "What were you thinking? This is NOT fun."

I used my massage gun last night and I am minimally sore this morning. Like I know I did something, but nothing crazy. Life is good. My goal for March is to do a massage gun session every night and see how it helps in recovery!

Ok, today is a day of fun workouts. I will probably row, do a fun peloton ride and maybe some treadmill. (Hankering for a run or run walk or bootcamp). The world is my oyster.

Make it a great day ...
Look out March. It's my month of change.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 08:58 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 28:
~Cardio: neighbourhood walk & Body Groove 30 min
~Barre3: 30 min strength focus
~Adriene’s 30 Days of Yoga: Day 14 Mindful Hatha - This was nice, stretchy & twisty

Waves to all & see you in March!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 12:57 AM  
Helen

Sun., 28th Feb.
2.5 hrs walk with DH & Alice, beach & breakwater, but on the OTHER side of the harbour- drove the long way around.
30min, Adriene - Revolution - Day 13 Opening

buddy dipped out on me, was a hot day, actually glad she did - whaled in the A/C

CLEDA
20min of just squats? and 10min of just lunges? Nope - that's completely unacceptable.
LOVE the new avatar - so much nicer than with the mask - but glad you're still masking up. You still need to. I'm hoping more people will over our coming flu season as people are reporting a huge LACK of ordinary colds, and the flu rates are way down - because masks DO what they are for. (roll eyes)

PAM
How are you going with Adriene? I'm getting that "there's my girl" feeling with her now.

LILI
Repotting is really satisfying isn't it? Means things have grown too big for what they were in, or just refreshing things then seeing the burst of new growth. One of my favourite gardening things to do.

It's March for me - best get onto finding some new pics.
NEW THREAD IS MADE
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 01:39 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Since my workouts are for February, I will post them here and chat in the new thread later:

2/27 - dog walk
30 Min. Low Impact Ride w/ Jenn Sherman
Walk, Sweat, Sculpt: Lower Body (second time with this one and I still liked it!

2/28 - no dog walk, rain all day
started Tim's Yoga Challenge Day 1 but bailed after 10 minutes, too many planks! I did like Tim and will try him again.
Switched to Jane Adams Gentle Yoga, Improving Balance (just okay)
Basic Bounce w/ Jeremy from Belicon.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 05:19 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

As I have to go get my arrow for March and get to making my lunch, snacks and my workout before the morning gets away from me!

2/28/2021: Row 15 mins, 60 mins. Feel Good Ride with Ally, 20 minute CDE recovery ride (and it was just that!) 20 mins. core, 10 mins. restorative yoga, 10 mins. total body stretch.

That's a wrap for February.
Every day! DONE!
On to March.
Waves to all!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote