Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-03, 12:41 PM  
Seabush

Short Aerobic Videos

I'm looking for a good aerobics (no step or kickboxing ) that can be done within 30 minutes. Does such a video exist?

Thanks

Crystal
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-03, 01:11 PM  
DD1

Crunch Fatblaster 2 is good and nice and short.

Also don't rule out stepping - you could easily do a step aerobics tape on the floor - I do that sometimes when i want to do the tape but I don't feel like exerting the extra effort

Dee
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-03, 01:16 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Cool

I like Kathy Smith's Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning. It's more athletic than dancy and I think it's just about half an hour long.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-03, 01:18 PM  
pammy
VF Supporter

a couple of suggestions...

You could try Reebok Hi-Low Aerobics, with Petra Kolber (Amazon has this one), or Charlene Prickett's Oxygen In, Calories Out , which is two 1/2 hour hi-lo workouts on one tape. Also good is Volume 1 of the Masala Bhangra workout (at www.masaladance.com) - this one is about 1/2 hour of Indian-inspired dance combos - I think it's lots of fun!
pammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-03, 01:27 PM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

Crunch Fatblaster 2 is a great choice.

You can always break some longer videos up. Christi's Hi/Lo Heaven has three 30 minute segments that are very easy to split up. You could do that with CIAs as well.

Kari Anderson's videos are almost all around 35-40 minutes long. Danceworks, and the Great Moves series are a lot of fun www.homeworkout.com has great prices on her videos.

Cathe's MIC has an intense 30 minute hi/lo routine (and a 30 minute step section that's lots of fun).

Kathy Smith's Timesaver Cardio is about 40 minutes long (two 20 minute segments). A lot of VFer's don't care for her overly perky attitude in this video, but it's never bothered me.

Kathy Smith's Peak Fat Burning. This one is 30 minutes long too--it's an easier paced interval workout.
Old 02-10-03, 01:27 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I often split up Christi Taylor's Hi-Lo Heaven and Still Jump' Just for Fun workouts. Either half is about 30 minutes and they're split into two definite halves (or stages).
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-03, 02:29 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Tammi Webb's Tighter Assets Cardio Blast is done in about thirty minutes.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-03, 02:29 PM  
horsemom2

Re: a couple of suggestions...

Quote:
Originally posted by pammy
You could try Reebok Hi-Low Aerobics, with Petra Kolber (Amazon has this one), or Charlene Prickett's Oxygen In, Calories Out , which is two 1/2 hour hi-lo workouts on one tape. Also good is Volume 1 of the Masala Bhangra workout (at www.masaladance.com) - this one is about 1/2 hour of Indian-inspired dance combos - I think it's lots of fun!
Please tell us more about Masala Bhangra workouts!!!
I went to the webpage and am very excited that I may have found something simlar to NIA and/or Zumba.
Are the steps simple and low impact?
Is the music as motivating as the clip on the site?

Barb S
who may have found what I wanted for Valentine's Day from hubby
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-03, 03:13 PM  
wansley
VF Supporter

Suggestions

Ditto on almost any Kathy Smith tape. Fat burning for dummies is also short. Some of the crunches are good ,like bootcamp. Also many of Gilads tapes are 30 min. Ada's basic training is 30 min. Denise Austin also has many 30 min. tape. Guess there are more tapes than I thought. I like 30 min. tapes alot also.
wansley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-03, 03:27 PM  
jazzy75

try doing parts of tapes....

...a lot of tapes lend themselves well to shorter workouts when time is crunched. Once I got over my own foolish guilty feelings of only doing "part" of a work out, I discovered the following have a lot to offer in a short time period:

Cathe's CTX Series - cardio portions all about 30 minutes -(All Step, Kickbox, Step&Intervals, 10-10-10 and Power Circuit)

CAthe's MIC (like someone mentioned, just doing the hi-lo is enough for 1 day if you through your all into it!)

Mindy's Extreme Intervals- just do the step intervals or the hi-lo section with your own cool down for a kicker workout.

good luck