Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-20, 09:04 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk. Mary Kay leads Mile 2 and hadweights are used in couple of the miles. I used 2lb weight in mile 1&2 and 3lbs in mile 3. This is probably my favorite of Leslie's dvds. I really enjoy the pace of this workout especially mile 2 that's led by Mary Kay.

Today is DH "big" birthday and he's one of those men that takes their birthdays seriously and agonizes over getting older. I'll have to assume the role of the cheerleader today to keep his spirits up. Personally I'm not into birthdays, anniversaries etc. For me, it's just another year. Oh, and just to keep things interesting, our home heater is not blowing hot air and it's currently 7F outside. We have to call a repairman and it's never cheap when that happens. Ugh....never a dull moment.

Waves to all!
Old 02-20-20, 12:20 PM  
furmomof6

I went for a short walk yesterday, but that's about it this week.

Donna, it's still lingering for me too. My sinuses are much better on the antibiotics, but I still don't feel 100%. I'm actually running a low temperature again. I'm sorry you're still dealing with it too.

Everyone is doing great with their workouts!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 08:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Christine I'm so sorry you still have a fever. Will you go back to the doctor if that continues?

Dana my husband is depressed the whole month of his birthday. I used to try to get him out of it and do stuff but it never does any good so I gave up. And eek your heating! Gosh I'd freak out.

Today was all about mobility I finished the last day of Elise! I wasn't sure I could take her "Egggs..haaale" too much longer. This last practice on 3 week yoga retreat week 2 "flow on the go" was a nice rhythm and will be one I will do again. Looking forward to week 3 with a different instructor. Also did Tracie Long Core Movements 2 "Loosen up." I looked over my notes from two years ago and I had a tough time with Turkish get ups. They felt great today. Nice to see my improvement in balance and core. The lesson for me there was how long I need to be patient with myself.

Happy Friday to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 07:12 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workout were

Ellen Barrett - Fusion Flow - 45 minutes;
Xtend Barre Express - Signature - 15 minutes

I did not enjoy the Fusion Flow workout - it was too much time spent on the hands for me. My arthritic wrists and hands spent the rest of the evening complaining about it. Ellen kept saying things like "if your wrists/hands are hurting, it's because you don't have your weight evenly distributed on your hands", and I'm like, no, "if my wrists/hands are hurting, it's because there's no cartiliage in there". If I do this again, I'll need to make some modifications to it.

The Xtend Barre Express program is new on Openfit. It wasn't a bad workout and there was no work on hands and knees. I'll probably add some of them in here and there.

Christine - So sorry you are still sick!

Dana - That is a good Leslie walk. How's Basil?

Linda - Turkish getups! I'm impressed!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 07:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Sorry - quick check in again. I think I have turned a corner, first day w/out a sinus headache!

I did Ellen's Fusion Floor today - I enjoyed it - but unlike Carol my hands/wrists, etc. have no issues. I did slow down some of the reps and did modify on my own - but, yes, this one is not good if being on your hands and knees at times is not a happy place.

Be back later - lots to do today.....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 08:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I have to routinely modify to accommodate my wrists and use either yoga blocks or balance pods to reduce the strain. I'm not really sure what my problem is. Is yours something you need surgery for?
Based on what you and Donna said Fusion flow won't be on my wishlist.

Donna glad you seem to be turning a corner and feeling better !

Today was my first experience with Ted in 3 week yoga retreat week #3 "core." I like him! This was a physically challenging and yet enjoyable practice. I look forward to the rest of the week. Finished up my two week Gym Styles rotation with Back/shoulders/biceps Timesaver premix which clocks in at 36 minutes. It was shorter but not easy. It was a nice length for me to feel worked out but still have energy to do something else. I hope to continue to do a strength workout series for two weeks as I think that's the perfect length of time for me to get some momentum remembering the routine but not long enough to get bored of it.

Friday fun wishes to all!!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 12:25 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Wed: 40 min step and weights while watching Madam Secretary
Thur: 30 min walk/read
Fri: 45 min walk/read

This has been an eventful week. I started a new probiotic on Wed evening and have felt better than I have in 6 months. Of course, that has me feeling kinda anxious since I'm afraid to get my hopes up that my gut will actually feel well for the first time in over a year. We'll see but I'm enjoying a respite if nothing else.

And I got my ears pierced for the 3rd time. No good reason other than I wanted to. My family hasn't noticed yet. LOL I suppose many men are super observant but I'm not sure about my crew.

Waves to all!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 08:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Short workouts on my schedule for yesterday:

Ellen Barrett - Power 15;
Xtend Barre - Core Express - 15 minutes

Power 15 is from Ellen's 7 Day Workout Challenge DVD - it's a nice light weight workout mainly focused on the upper body. I used 2 lb weights and my arms and shoulders were tired by the end.

Core Express was tough for me - it was about 10 minutes of standing core work with the remaining 5 minutes or so on the mat, and it moved quickly. I could not do all the reps, even following the modifier.

Brenda - laughing about your comment about males being observant - hmm, not in my experience, at least not if it's above the neck. Hope your new probiotic does the trick!

Linda - I'm not sure they do surgery for arthritic wrists; not really interested in surgery anyway, I think I'd rather modify things and occasionally suffer than have more surgery. It's not just my wrists that hurt - my fingers are bad as well. Glad you are enjoying the new yoga instructor.

Donna - glad you have turned a corner!

Off to a planning retreat for work ~ have a good Saturday!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 08:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Another quick check in (sorry)!

Today was:

Ellen's Dance Walk on Grokker - decided to try a little light cardio to see how I would fare - so far, so good. These are nice little workouts, but, honestly, nothing over the top terrific. Ellen's strength is in her fusion workouts and the walking workouts are ok, but not super.

Ellen's Barre Conditioning - this was enjoyable - it is my 2nd or 3rd time doing it.

Brenda - I hope that you continue to feel good. I had my ears triple pierced in the '80's I became allergic to most of my jewelry so I let them close up- then when my DD wanted to get hers pierced i had mind re-pierced - double - I didn't go for the triple, but you never know. I'm definitely wearing higher quality jewelry these days than when I was in my late teens/20's so I haven't had as many reactions to the earrings.

Linda - nice workouts!

Carol - good job! I hate workouts that move too fast...

Christine - are you feeling any better?

Waves, everyone

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 09:36 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Ellen's Dance Walk on Grokker
Donna, how is Grokker? I am thinking of giving them a try. Is it easy to cancel the subscription? Have you used it a lot? What are your favorites?

My workout today will be a very long walk along Lake Michigan in downtown Chicago. It will be sunny and 48F and I can't think of a better way to spend a day outside then walking along the Lake. Our usual loop around downtown is about 7 miles long, so that will be my workout today. I'm pretty sure though, that I'll need a nice hip and lower back stretch in the evening.

Speaking of observant males, my DH is VERY observant. He'll notice EVERYTHING that's different about the way I look, but he cares more about appearance than I do. He is a bit vain and he knows it. I told him so and he doesn't disagree although he doesn't like to call it "vain".