Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-05-20, 09:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a short total body workout from SBF, compound moves with light weights. It was good. I'm going to cancel SBF next week before it renews so I may try out a few more workouts before then. I also did a 55 minute outdoor walk in the afternoon. I have a dentist appointment this morning and we're expecting the plumber today to fix our clogged up kitchen sink so I'm not sure what I'll be able to get done workoutwise today. The sink has been clogged since Saturday and it's been a real PITA. DH tried to snake it out but it was more complicated than he anticipated so we're waiting for the big guns now.

PENGUIN, nice workouts. That's a good attitude to enjoy the time you have now with hubby instead of stressing out. Mmmm yummy brownies. I would have a hard time resisting those too.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 09:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a damp drizzly day and I couldn't motivate myself to walk especially after the dentist appt and plumber so I finally did AM Callanetics.
It felt good. Today is another rainy day so I'll do a dvd, not sure what yet.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-06-20, 12:40 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today I did the Cardio Burn and Movement workouts on Michelle Dozois newest set. Probably for the first and last time for both. Thankfully, that was over in about half an hour, so I did Pat Seigfried's step from Dance Step.

Yesterday, I went downhill skiing for the first time in 2 years. I had a great time and am planning to do it again next Wednesday, weather permitting.

Tuesday: Stepping Alive

SB- Bummer about the rain. We are expecting a big dump of snow later today.
PP-I did some baking this week too. I had a huge sweet tooth for some reason on Tuesday. Anyhow, I froze what I didn't eat to peck at over the next few weeks.
Old 02-06-20, 05:16 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Apparently the challenge part of the challenge and checkins is getting it to post your remarks today.

Hubby showed up to his Tuesday job interview only to be told after an hour wait that the person who was to interview him had called in sick and not told anyone he was coming. So he put in an application and after an hour wait was told he could go home. Gee, thanks! Even if they do offer him a job he doesn't want to work there anymore!

Today I did Tracy Steen's 30m No Repeat HIIT. Pretty good, easy to modify but not really fun. I did get in a lot of steps, however.

Nora, sorry you didn't like Michelle's workouts. I hate that!

SB, I hope the plumber was able to fix your sink and you got a good report at the dentist. Its cold and drizzly here, they are predicting snow this afternoon.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 10:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was SS Mix It Up. Really good workout. Hopefully this wet weather is moving out this morning and I can walk this afternoon.

NORA, too bad about the Michelle workouts. I haven't even attempted mine yet and have no desire to at this point. So glad you had a great time skiing.
Good for you. I guess that dump of snow is a good thing then.

PENGUIN, good for you getting a lot of steps in even if the workout wasn't fun.
That stinks about hubby's job interview, very unprofessional. I wouldn't want to work there either. Dentist good, sink is good, weather still stinks.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-07-20, 03:39 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I'm glad to hear that some things are going your way. It got down to 28* last night, todays high is mid 40s but the sun is shining.

Hubby went to put in another application at a place his friend recommended but that didn't go well either. I'm not sure why. I didn't want to ask....

We thought we got me health insurance last week but it turns out that it wouldn't start until March so we cancelled it and got another policy. The second one was cheaper and seemed to be with a better company.

Today's workout was Pahla B Knee Friendly Cardio and Weights. I like her a lot but lost her for a while so I'm glad I found her again. Her workouts are aimed at the 50+ crowd with no jumping or getting down on the ground, which I appreciate. We did a lot of UB shoulder/back work so I'm sure to be sore tomorrow. Pahla has a fun, bubbly personality which makes the workout go by fast.

Since its going to be warmer tomorrow we plan to go to a lake near my parents house, so we can see them again. Dad and Hubby are going to exchange stuff that they borrowed from each other.

As a fun outing today we get to go to the grocery store

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 09:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 40 minute outdoor walk. I had to really talk myself into it.
The wet weather left but it was replaced with very high winds so it wasn't the most pleasant walk but I'm glad I did it. I have work this afternoon and it's cold this morning so I'll probably do a dvd workout today.

PENGUIN, Pahla B sounds like a good fit for you. I'm glad you found her again.
Don't get me started on health insurance. I'm glad you found a good policy.
Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Enjoy.

Old 02-08-20, 05:03 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I did a Firm workout - Super Body Sculpt I think it was called.
Also, a bit of step with a guy called Julian on an Evolution Vid.
Today: Some step with Petra Kluike

PP- That interview situation is so wrong! Hubby is right on thinking he doesn't want to work there. So disrespectful.

SB- Cold here, too. I've pretty much had it with winter and there's still a ways to go. I don't enjoy walking outside when it's too cold. Woody went back to his other mother today, so I'll probably walk less for the next little while.
Old 02-09-20, 08:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the timesaver premix from KCM's Powersculpting workout and then I had a busy night at work. I have a double shift today so I won't be working out. I need to conserve my energy . I did work out every day last week so there's that.

NORA, nice job with the Firm and step workouts. We've had a relatively mild winter so far and I've still had it with winter.

Old 02-09-20, 03:04 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB - I love a timesaver weight workout! I hope the double shift isn't too gruelling. Like you, we've had a milder than usual winter. Like you, still done with it!

Today: One of Cathe's 4 day split workouts. I plan to do all 4 this week, although I may sub some of the cardio. I'm not a kickboxer or a bootcamper.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend, girls.