Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-29-03, 07:17 PM  
Pebbles

Thumbs up Who are your favorite background exercisers?

Inspired by the "disturbing" background exerciser thread, I was wondering who you *like* to see sweating it out behind your favorite instructors.

My favorites:

Cedie and Jai (on Cathe's videos). To me, they look like they're working very hard, yet having a good time--without over-acting. I find them inspiring.

Narty (FIRM videos). Ditto, as above.

The hot-looking African-American guy in Cathe's Cardio Kicks! Okay, so it's a shallow reason to like a background exerciser, but he helps kick up my cardio level every time!

I'm sure I could think of more, but those are the ones I've worked out with lately. Who do you like, and why?
Pebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 07:24 PM  
Raquel13
VF Supporter

My faves

Rhonda and Jai from Cathe's videos - Rhonda cracks me up with the faces she makes and Jai is just beautiful.

Julie from Christi's videos - she always looks like she's having fun and she's just in so many of Christi's videos.

Carmen and Jeff from a lot of CIA videos - especially in Strength Express... they seem like a couple of goofballs and people I'd hang out with.

By the way, who is Narty? I've heard enough about how much people love her to get curious... I don't have any of the FIRM classics, but I do have some of the parts videos: SL and Upper Body. Is she in any of those?

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Raquel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 08:03 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Great idea!

Some of my favorite background exercisers:

Cathe's background exercisers, especially Rhonda. She can simultaneously smile and give Cathe "are you insane?" looks when the going gets tough. I really like Brenda in S&H because she looks completely focused on what she is doing, and I always smile when Cathe tells us about Brenda's famous biceps!

I've only previewed Strength Express, but I must say that the background exercisers are great! They are having a good time even though they can't do all of the crazy stuff that Mindy is doing.

The Marine in FIRM Vol. 6. Just picture a buff, handsome, Marine Corps type of guy working out on the FIRM mansion set, surrounded by women in pastel leotards. This makes me smile every time!

In yoga videos, almost anyone who is less flexible than I am!

I know there are more...

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 08:39 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

That is so easy. BRENDA & ALINE!

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 08:59 PM  
Pykkalo

The lovely ladies exercising with Cathe in her new Intensity Series! They look awesome!!!! I see how they've changed since Cathe's previous videos, and it inspires me!
Pykkalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 09:29 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

Rhonda & Cedie. Cedie always looks so happy, no matter what Cathe is "doing to her". And Rhonda makes the funniest faces.

The girl in some of the Firm videos who looks like Sandra Bullock (I think she is Nancy's Tucker's sister?). She makes some pretty funny faces too. And, the tiny Asian looking girl (not Narty) who looks like she's only 15. She looks so tiny, but she's always hanging in there.

Gay Gasper's usual suspects, especially Jay and Eunice. (Did I ever tell on myself that the first time Gay introduced Eunice in 2K01, I thought she called her "nudist"?)

Charlene's backgrounders, especially Renee.

I'm sure there are more, but those are people I always look for.

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 09:29 PM  
peggy h
VF Supporter

Harold (and those other cute smiling guys!) in Hilo Heaven!!
Old 01-29-03, 10:20 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I like Hope in Cathe's videos because she is just as stiff and inflexible as I am! I'm always so encouraged that you can still be fit even if you're stiff as a board.

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 11:07 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

ALL of Christi's background exercisers are outstanding. They never look unrehearsed or bored, and she scores extra points for diversity. Special honorable mention to her brothers in SBF!

There was a Sally in older CIA videos who looked just like Kari Anderson and moved a lot like her too. I used to try to follow along with her, because she made everything look easy.

In the male eye candy department: the buzzcut guy on Intense Moves, the guy to the right on Kicked Up Step, Rich Siebert in some old CIAs (where is he today?), and of course the HLH crew.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 11:31 PM  
Mandy

Tae Bo

Debbie in the Tae Bo live! tapes..she is the mother of the guy in the wheelchair. I always get inspired by her toned abs and her lovely smile!

Mandy