Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-09-19, 01:29 PM  
Buzzer

CF W3, day 1.. DONE!
Ttapp Broom 28 minute workout.. DONE!

This CF was basically all sun salutations the first 10 minutes, then all barre glutei work the second 10. It was hard! I know it was harder since my hips and backside are sore from yesterday, which made the second 10 minutes tough. I made it through though! I used my barre and really tried to focus.
It went fast!

I added on broom since my arms are kinda sore from Pilates for Men yesterday, and my backside is sore. I did a nice broom walk with Teresa. It's not all walking, she stops and does a few other exercises and talks a lot too, so I would continue to walk while she talked. It was a good combo!

I considered taking out firm Vol 1 today, but decided I may not be up to it, and I didn't want to discourage myself. Maybe I'd do ok, maybe I wouldn't. but I know I have high standards for how I do that workout, and I wanted to have a good day!! HAHA!

I am kinda cranky today. I don't know why. I just kinda feel like I want to focus on something, but keep getting interrupted by LB. Also DH was kinda cranky lat night and it seems to have seeped into today, so maybe that's why too. Luckily he just kinda cranked around this morning and then is going to spend the day at his shop.

LB is at ballet, then we are going to a "small engine class" where they are going to take apart and put back together a small engine. I think I"m more interested in it than she is, but hopefully it at least puts the words into her vocabulary so when she hears them again, she will at least be familiar!!

Kinda a bummer though, because today is supposed to be 70 degrees up here and it would be a great day to be outside playing. Oh well. At least we won't be stuck indoors all day (the class is in a guys outdoor home workshop).

Ebianco: It's funny how we both had the same questions about dabbling in so many types of workouts. I wonder if there is something to that. I wonder if I have the stick-to-it-ness to find out! I guess I did 100 barre classes, I'm working on 100 ttapps, so perhaps I'm giving it enough time. Maybe not. it seems like that would be enough! I am liking that the rotation I am doing now the ttapp is definitely helping me with posture and form, and the CF is helping me get back into strength and further flexibility. I guess I need to focus on what I'm getting from the workouts instead of weight loss. That seems to not be a good indicator anymore!!

I agree that what works seems to change from decade to decade. My 20's was all firm and running, my 30's was pretty much everything since I was teaching aerobics/bootcamp/seniors classes and lifting weights, oh, and running for the first 1/2 of my 30's... now my 40's has been almost a panic mishmash trying to figure out what is going to work, and nothing does. I guess it's time to work on other goals. Although weight loss will still be, in my heart, my #1 goal. ugh. can't stop wanting that!!

I'm glad what you are doing seems to be on the right track. And you got a good PT. I hope it al works out for you!! I was reading a new theory that cholesterol isn't from all saturated fat and egg yolks (cholesterol in food), but from sugar, bad processed fats, quick carbs and the inflammation that comes with that. I don't know a whole lot about it, and don't remember where I read it (probably weight and wellness . com since I love them) but it might be something to look into !! I'm going to look into it more because DH has high cholesterol and I want to try to get his down too. I'll let you. know what I find out!

Hi Eventmom! I hope you are feeling well and having a good weekend!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 06:44 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

wow didn't realize I hadn't checked in in so long.

thursday - TTapp basic + and 20 min of TA cardio express
friday - essentrics upper body + christy taylor mission possible
saturday - essentrics lower body + TA TA VA
today - sara ivanhoe power, beauty sweat (20 min) because I also took my horse to a jumping lesson and didn't want to be worn out.

I've been pretty much flat out towards the end of this week. too many health care appt. even the 'fun' ones like a massage get to be too much time.

Our weekend weather was nice around 70! but tomorrow night, low of 18. hard to keep up with this weather.

ebianco - they make topical anti inflammatories that might be worth trying before you do an injection. 1% diclofenac sodium - we use the exact same topical on horses which for some reason cracks me up. It helped my knee but I think my problem was less severe than what you are dealing with.

buzzer - small engine wow hope it was fun.

waves!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 10:28 AM  
Buzzer

30 day sculpt CF Week 3 day 2... DONE!
P90X stretch... DONE!
Fitprime Pump... DONE!

Yesterday day did NOT feel like working out. I dragged out the CF because it's only 20 minutes, and it was good. More stretch and chi gong. So I added on the stretch, which was an OK stretch. At least it was a stretch.

Today I did Pump. I have definitely lost my Firm-ability!! It wasn't hard, but it's been a while since I lifted with heavier weights. I used 5's and 8's, which by no stretch of the imagination are heavy. It was good though. I didn't want to destroy myself by assuming I have lost no strength and going into 10's and 15's, so the 5's and 8's were good so I can continue to live my life the rest of the day!! I am in ttapp and CF shape, not firm shape.

It wasn't terribly hard, and probably about the time I was thinking "OK. I'm done with this exercise" she ended it. It was longer because she went through some of the exercises step by step.. for tall box steps, first lift your heel. then lift your foot slightly. then crouch step up. then full step up. By the time it was done I was getting annoyed with the step up!! It worked out good though. I liked it. I have a whole box full of fit primes and all it's derivatives, most of them still in plastic. I need to get to those.

I feel worked, not over worked, but worked. It was good. I really tried to focus on my form, and pulling in my abs, and counter presses with the non-working side, so I am sure that made it harder! All the stuff I've learned from ttapp!!

The weekend was 70 degrees both days, today we woke up to about 2" of snow. The dog is happy, I guess it's OK since we hav to do school today, but doggone it. I like the warmer days!! I hope we have more!!

Our puppy gets here tonight, so I am hoping LB sleeps WAY in. I doubt she will get any sleep tonight (he lands at 7:30pm, probably won't get to the delivery area for about an hour after that, then we have an hour drive home. THEN, we will have to hang out with him, because you can't bring a new puppy home and then go to bed!). We have CC tomorrow, so I may be going solo again! Hopefully we all get sleep because the puppy is tired, and we can start the madness tomorrow evening. I don't mind sleepless after tomorrow because I need to tutor tomorrow, so I need my sleep!!!

I'm not happy how this all worked out. He was supposed to come on Saturday, which would have been 100% perfect, but no. The guy made the reservations late and they have to be at least 72 hours in advance. So we have to deal with the cards we are dealt. stinks.

So I'm not sure how my workouts will be going with new puppy. He may be perfect and I can do them, he may be whining and I can't. hopefully I will at least get in my CF 20 minutes for a while!!

Eventmom: the small engine class was fun! It was very interesting. I didn't realize how simple a small engine is. I think it would still be a challenge for me to take it apart and put it back together, but it is definitely less intimidating than it was before the class!! LB loved it too. The other kids started talking and goofing off, and LB stuck with it, helped the guy to the end, and got to use power drills and grease. She was happy!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 11-12-19, 05:14 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

monday - essentrics 30 min
today - fp 6 day trainer + some zumba

so I found zumba dvds at the goodwill $2 per dvd I went for it, a caribbean aerobics kickboxing which I'll leave in taos, and a kelly coffey meyers 30 min. I enjoyed the zumba.

buzzer - how's the new puppy?

hi ebianco!
Old 11-14-19, 04:04 PM  
Buzzer

Margaret Richards 1900 & 1901..DONE!
Hit the floor combo... DONE!

I didn't feel like doing CF. I didn't feel like doing ANYTHING. I took 2 days off, and I didn't want to start again. So, I pulled out Margaret since I really feel like ei have lost a lot of strength. I feel like I have been working so hard to get my posture muscles strengthened, that I have lost my muscles! So, being the unfocused vidiot I am, I added in Margaret today. I used 8's, which were plenty fine I don't know if it was a little tough because I had the "I don't wanna" today, or if it's because I really have lost that much strength! I had marked last time I did it I used 12's!! I used my light leg weights (3's?) and they were fine also. I need to start working on my strength again.

I added on the Ttapp HTF because I am really happy my muscles are getting loosened up, I love that I can now clasp my hands behind my back thanks to Ttapp, and I love how she puts every muscle to work in her exercises. I really feel like I have more postural stability than I did before! I just don't have strength!

I loved both workouts today, and my glutes and hips got a good workout since both workouts hit them.

So the puppy ended up Not coming on Monday, which was good because I wasn't happy since we had CC Tuesday. He came Tuesday night. He is the calmest, most gentle, easiest puppy EVER. He is so nice. Our older dog loves him for the most part too. This morning I watched a hallmark movie, and he just sat on my lap while I pet him the whole time. When we take him out, we take out the older dog also on a leash, and the older dog is actually doing well. A few growls, but with a quick correction he is fine. We have even slept through the night both nights!!

LB slept on the floor in the living room on the first night, and he didn't whine. Last night, LB was in her bed, I turned on "Sleepy" for him (the podcast LB and I use to fall asleep) and he was quiet through the night. He woke up maybe twice and howled, but then went right back to being quiet. He was great!!

He is just adorable. The guy told me he is crazy and doesn't listen, but he's been calm, listens, comes when we call him, and is generally a perfect puppy!! No problems yet. At all. I'm sure we will have some on the horizon, but so far, nothing. Yesterday was a fun day of cleaning up barf, pee and poop, but overall that's it. It's not bad. So weird.

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Anyhow, today after LB woke up, I had her puppy-sit and I worked out. The puppy had to go out about 15 minutes into my workout, so I also got a yard walk in while he pottied. we will be walking a lot in the near future!

I warned LB we wouldn't sleep for a while while the puppy acclimated, and we wouldn't get any school done. We've gotten both done with no issues.

I started taking 800mg of magnesium before bed. I was taking 400, but read I could take up to 1000 safely, so I went to 600, now I'm at 800. I am not sleeping longer, but I am sleeping more deeply. I am not in and out of sleep like I used to be. I also am not tired and cranky at 7:30/8pm. I read it can also help with blood sugar. I can use all the help I can get.

So puppy is fine, dog is fine, LB is carrying the puppy everywhere! I don't think his feet had touched the ground for more than 5 minutes yesterday. He is about 12 pounds, so we told her to carry him while she still can (he'll be over 100 lbs fell grown) so she really is!! It's hilarious. Poor puppy.

Eventmom; good job on the goodwill score!! Wow. I have heard good things about Zumba workouts! I 've never tried them, but it would be fun to try them!!

So I'm finding my new morning routine with the puppy and dog. I don't wake up, make coffee, and take quiet time, instead I wake up, make coffee, take out the dogs (on leashes for a while), get my computer out, take puppy out again because he farts, get coffee, let big dog out, put puppy in my lap and watch a hallmark Christmas movie. I guess it's good, I needed a new routine anyhow. Might as well include puppy snuggles!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 11-15-19, 03:44 PM  
Buzzer

The Firm Express the first cardio (cycle 1)... DONE!

I think it was the cardio one. I had a DVD with 2 workouts on it I had never done, so I did the first one. My waist is a little sore from yesterday, plus I have a ton to do, and LB is gone for a few Horus... so I just stuck with one, 20 minute workout. I feel like I kinda copped out, but whatever.

it wasn't bad. it wasn't like a killer workout, or even a "I feel great!" workout, more like a "well, OK. I did it." workout. It was OK. I woke up super early today, and I planned my new rotation. I have been doing Ttapp 2 days shy of my goal! I said I would do it until I went to Great Wolf Lodge, and we go on Sunday.

Here's what I got out of the rotation: stronger posture muscles, more flexibility in my shoulders and chest (I can lean back on my hands and they don't go numb, my triceps don't take over all of it, and I can actually do tricep dips on the floor!!), my knee doesn't pop anymore on the lean back on your hands, open bent knee out to side, extend, bend, pull in), however it does still crinkle and crunch. I have lost muscle, that's for sure. However I do like the progress I have made, especially in my shoulders/chest, that I am going to keep doing some Ttapp.

I decided I want to do a Firm rotation. That should bring me through about valentines day next year-ish. So after my workout, I spent some time putting away the pilates/barre/Margaret/classical stretch type workouts, and pulled out all of my Firms. All of them. I have seriously, all of them except for the pink firms (I never liked those). I must have 20-30 Firms. Enough to keep me busy, right??? I love the classics, so I will probably rely on them more. Although I may start with the fit primes, because I am like a beginner now on weights!! That sucks. That's the reason I decided to do the Firm though, I can try to keep my form, get the weights in, and try to lose some of this weight. I just can't win.

I can't do firm every day, so I will probably alternate it with Ttapp, yoga, and pilates. Oh, and walking.

On to my next big adventure! Ttapp has certainly given me some results I have been wanting though. I will carry new new found posture into my Firms.

I was thinking today about how when I was in my early 30's, I stopped doing Firm classics because I needed weights that were heavier than I could use with the firm. I couldn't swing them that fast, or lunge that fast, or step up that fast with the weights I needed. I just don't think I will have that problem any more!!

That thought though, kinda put me in the Firm mood.

So, I will be tackling some Firms and see where that takes me. I dusted off my weights, pulled out ankle weights, and put away my 2 pound weights. It's a process!!

The puppy is still being good. He is a bit more nippy today, which is fine. He's a puppy. Now I am working on training LB how to train him. The older dog is doing amazing with him. Every time I take the puppy out, I put the older dog on a leash and he walks with us. He is really looking out for the puppy, showing him things, and even nipped at him when he was doing something we don't let them do!! He's doing a great job.

So, I loaded up the older dog (he's almost 4, so he's not THAT old!) in the car to go to the post office with me. He loved that. A nice doggie reward!

I am excited for my new rotation. I am ready to start!! Whoo hoo!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 11-15-19, 09:09 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi guys! I can't believe how much time has gone by. I'm going to try to check in more since I'm kind of exercising.

I went back to work this week and my knee definitely took a turn for the worse which I realized means it's been irritated by my sitting position all day. So I need to be much better about standing up every hour, standing at my desk if I can, and extending my knees further than just the 90 degree position. It seems to have helped a little bit and now I'm kinda back to normal, of course I haven't attempted any standing exercise yet. I'm on the verge of possibly attempting a barre workout, since I seem to be able to start to do squats, maybe? LOL

Still keeping to my five day, Wed-Sun schedule, so here's what I've done this week so far:

Last week: Lots of Barlates Mix and Match arm and ab workouts with Classical Stretch

Wed: Firm Vol. 2 the warm up then all the mat portion, for about a 35 minute workout.

Thurs: Barlates Mix and Match Arms 60/10 plus Classical Stretch 1029 which is a deep stretch, seems to really speak to my knee! 40 min workout.

Today: More classical stretch, first 10 minutes of a standing workout then 1029 again, for a 30 minute workout.

If my knee feels GREAT tomorrow, I may attempt a Pure Barre, otherwise maybe a mat portion of a Firm workout, maybe Volume 1?

Buzzer Yeah the dietary cholesterol isn't definitively linked to someone's cholesterol, and last time I cut my cholesterol I did not cut eggs, but duck eggs have an astronomical amount of dietary cholesterol so I'm thinking it must be related at that volume. My dad's cardiologist definitely says carbs are more important (which drive your triglycerides) than your bad cholesterol, and thanks to my low carb diet my triglycerides are very low, so that's good.

Yes that Fitprime Pump is kind of slow moving, with the way Heidi builds on moves (like the leg press you mentioned) does give it a little bit of a tedious feel. I do really like this workout though, maybe because I love Heidi so much.

LOL I cannot get enough of the Firm workouts (of course wish I could do more right now but still), and can't wait to get back into them as I conquer my knee pain. I feel like the commitment to 100 workouts of something like you've been doing should be enough time to show results! It sounds like your TTAP workout has been transformative!

New puppy sounds so exciting!

Eventmom Actually I did get some anti-inflammation lotion from Amazon that was really highly rated. I've been using it at night before bed (and if I remember in the morning too) and I think it may help a little. I don't feel an immediate effect but it's supposed to be really helpful after a week of use, so we'll see. I am definitely not interested in getting the injection, if at all possible.
Old 11-16-19, 05:35 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Wed. - keeping on with the fit prime 6 day trainer + 20 min off Dance it Off Express - another goodwill find that I forgot about.
Thursday - fit prime 6 day the kickbox day and it was pretty fun added on 10min of TA leg.
Friday - fitprime upper body + 20 min TA cardio
Today - fitprime I guess it was sort of a step workout a few 4 limb aerobics sections + 10 TA glutes

so I'm really missing TA.

buzzer - so glad to hear the puppy is fitting into your family so well!
ebiaco - looks like you've got a great workout routine going even this giving your knee a break.

waves!
Old 11-17-19, 11:03 AM  
Buzzer

FIRM VOL 3.. DONE!!

I wrote it in caps because I didn't die!! I seriously was pretty OK! It was tough, but it didn't kill me!! I used 5's, 8's and 10's (only 10's on the overheads with a little squat), but it was tough!! I sweat buckets, and had to stop twice to catch my breath, but it didn't kill me! I know my abs will be sore tomorrow though.

I didn't go 100%, but I have a day to get through, and I will get better at this!! I loved it too. I felt like my lungs and body are cleared out. I am bringing Ttapp tempo with me for tomorrow, but I'll take it as it comes whether I do it or not. I might be too sore from today!! HA!

So the puppy is relaxing in to the family. he adores our older dog, and follows him. our older dog has stepped on him twice that I know of. No nips or whines or anything, the puppy just moved. No problem. They are both pretty easy going!

Yesterday LB and I went to Walmart to get some stuff for our Christmas card, then we were headed home to bake, put up the tree, and watch a hallmark movie. LB was starving, and I remembered I forgot to feed her!! So I took her to Burger King. We sat in a parking lot (luckily it was empty) to eat, and about 5 minutes later, while we were watching a movie with the engine on, I saw smoke coming out of my hood. I turned off the car and ran out, smelled where I saw the smoke, and didn't smell anything burning. Got back in, turned on car, smoke all around hood.

Got out again (turned off car), sniffed... nothing... walked around... a huge puddle of antifreeze running down the parking lot on the passenger side. crap. I got a tow to the mechanic, and DH picked us up. LB was scared, she didn't understand and of course I said "the radiator blew up" and when she asked what would happen if we drove, I told her "the engine will blow up". without thinking through my words. so she thought of Mythbusters, where things blow up and they BLOW UP, and she started to cry. I had to rethink my words, but until the tow and DH showed up, she was so scared and nervous.

Now the car is at the shop, we are going to GWL today and tomorrow, I have cc on Tuesday all day, and we are a one car family. then, we got home, and our electric gate wasn't working (the one that opens to let us into the driveway!!). It was an exciting day. ugh.

So I am gonna pack now, LB is sleeping in (good, so she can have a. great day!) and we will drop doggies off and head out!! One night, but I think we need it

Eventmom: You make me want that Fitprime 30 day DVD. Short and sweet!!

Ebianco: Interesting that the sitting aggravates your knee. I agree that the 100 workouts I'm doing is working. I was just thinking that today, how I am glad I did the Ttapp because I felt like I could brace more, reach more, and really perform the firm today. Also, I apparently didn't lose as much cardio and strength as I though!! Whoo hoo!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 11-17-19, 05:28 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - six day trainer yoga stretch but their stretches are not just stretches so I'll do a pure stretch tomorrow. Went to a little horse show, jumped up to 3'3" for the first time since my horse had her injury april 2018 so that was really fun.

buzzer - wow on the car so sorry that happened but glad you were stopped. Vol. 3 was my first firm and one of the few I kept. I really do like the fp 6 day trainer - it's actually 2 weeks of workouts (12 workouts) and I think it's the best 'timecrunch' workout set i've ever used, they all clock in at less than 25 minutes but they aren't that hard so if you doing Vol 3 you might be like what, that's a workout LOL. have fun

hi ebianco!