Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-17, 09:53 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Suggestions Needed for Low Intensity Travel Workouts

I know I waited until the last minute, but I'm leaving for a trip to Houston on Thursday (going to see Queen + Adam Lambert ) and I want to do some low intensity workouts in my hotel room, so I thought I would see what suggestions any of you might have.

I was thinking Ellen Barrett, Jessica Smith or other similar types of workouts with no equipment (or maybe a band). I can't really do much yoga or bodyweight upper body work like pushups and burpees because I injured my arm a little over a month ago and it's just now really feeling better (radial head fracture - FOOSH injury), but anything heavier than a few pounds is still iffy and I'm still working on forearm supination. This also pretty much wiped out my summer of boxing and kettlebells

I'm not limited to Jessica or Ellen, those are just a couple that popped into my head and I have most of their DVDs - after trading away most of my Jessicas, I re-acquired quite a few after my injury because I thought she might be a good option until my arm is completely healed.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any suggestions!!
Old 08-01-17, 10:14 PM  
Jewels5

Hi Stephanie, I'm so sorry about your injury. Do you have any Essentrics or Classical Stretch? Not only are they perfect for travel but they could also be therapeutic. I hope you are fully recovered soon!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-17, 10:22 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Thanks Julie! I have Sahra's older workouts - Flexibility Workout for Athletes and Arms, Abs & Waist Toner / Legs, Butt & Thigh Thinner.

I didn't even think about those, thanks for the suggestion, they're definitely worth a shot!
Old 08-01-17, 10:22 PM  
BunnyHop

If I had to pick a few of Jessica's walks to travel with, I think I'd take the 5 or 6 mile discs, and the 10 Minute quick walks. Lots of variety there.

I apparently liked Tread and Shred from the 21 day set well enough to put a gold star beside it, but the description refers to resistance, which I'm thinking might not be something you could manage right now?

Do you like Classical Stretch? I relied on their 'all standing' routines back last winter when I needed to avoid certain floor moves. Did season 8's Lose a Pant Size # 806 just this morning, and it's one that makes me just feel good. My hips like it. (All standing) Episode 30 from season 10 is all standing too, and also a favorite, but one for easier days, IIRC.

Have fun in your travels!

Oh, oops, I see above you don't have the ones I mention, but I do think CS/Essentrics is a good choice in recovery.
Old 08-01-17, 10:26 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Thanks Anna I'm thinking it might be worth it to me to subscribe to Essentrics TV for a month. I used to have all the Essentrics DVDs but never ended up doing them much so I traded them away and I never really clicked with CS, but right now might be a good time to give them another try. I will be bringing my laptop with me and the hotel has free Wi-Fi, so I can stream from their site.

I have the Jessica workouts you mentioned, so I will probably throw them in there as well

ETA: I do like the fact that CS labels their episodes for all standing, floor, etc, so you know what to expect!
Old 08-01-17, 10:28 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Also, I can do elbow planks, but not regular planks right now.
Old 08-01-17, 11:11 PM  
violingal3

OMG how fun, have a blast!!! I was randomly watching James Corden carpool karaoke the other day and stumbled on his Adam Lambert/Queen sing-off and Adam is just amazing!!!

Anyway, how about Slim in 6? I was debating doing yoga for an upcoming trip, but I think I might just take Debbie instead, makes things easier for me and all I need is a resistance band. Burn It Up is always such a great workout. Tony Horton's Power Half Hour DVD was also a good one to travel with.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-17, 08:44 AM  
owltx

Ugh, sorry to hear about your injury!

Some ideas:

Suzanne Bowen/Leah Sarago Warrior or Release (you might need to skip the upper body section where she is on doing the forearm plank or the triceps pushups)
Cathe Travel Fit (lots of good band work here)
Cathe TurboBarre (lower body portion)
If you have the Peak10 series, I love the Dynamic Flexibility workout from here in general and especially for travel
Jessica Smith's Cardio Ballet, Cardio Barefoot Flow and Cardio Dance Party (both available on her site)
Lee Holden's Qi Gong series for upper back - on you tube, i find this great for shoulder and back tightness - not very long, but could be great add-on

Enjoy Houston! Lots of great restaurants!
Old 08-02-17, 10:45 AM  
red1013

How about Stephanie Huckabee's Powerfits?
Old 08-02-17, 11:21 AM  
CleverandSmart

What about Ilaria's Bodystrikes?
Enjoy your trip!
CleverandSmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel workouts