Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-14, 07:21 AM  
flamingoo

Fitness Tracker Question

I've been researching these little gadgets a lot lately. I would love to be able to track my activity all day long, but am having a hard time finding something that will work with just a plain PC. Everything seems to sync with apple products( I phone, I pad's, ect.. you get the picture) Is there anything out there that will work with a plain PC? Thanks!
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 07:34 AM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

The Fitbit works with just your computer. I had mine quite a bit before I got a phone and it worked great, you just have to be within so many feet of it for it to sync to your computer but you can still keep tabs on what you're activity is for the day just by pressing the button on your fitbit and then when you're at home you can see the dashboard and all that good stuff.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."~John "the Penguin" Bingham
Janzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 09:11 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janzia View Post
The Fitbit works with just your computer. I had mine quite a bit before I got a phone and it worked great, you just have to be within so many feet of it for it to sync to your computer but you can still keep tabs on what you're activity is for the day just by pressing the button on your fitbit and then when you're at home you can see the dashboard and all that good stuff.
Thanks Jeanette! Do you like the Fitbit in general? I was looking at Jawbone because it was on sale somewhere( kohl's?) I really like the looks of it, but it's not compatible with my computer
Old 08-14-14, 09:25 AM  
dlb

Garmin Vivofit

I recently bought a vivofit. I do not have a smartphone & it works off my PC. So far I like it.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 09:51 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have an android phone and my fitbit syncs fine with it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 09:51 AM  
DI431

I have a Fitbit Zip I synch with my PC at home. Love it!!
DI431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 10:14 AM  
momof10

The FitBit customer service and support is like no others, IMHO. They will even replace lost FitBits. I bought my daughter one for her birthday and she lost it about 3 months later. I emailed them and they sent her a new one. There are hundreds of stories out there like this one. There is also a FitBit friends page you can join on Facebook with thousands of people around the world that use FitBits. I have the One, which clips to your bra or if you prefer onto your shorts

Cheryl
Old 08-14-14, 11:59 AM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Thanks Jeanette! Do you like the Fitbit in general? I was looking at Jawbone because it was on sale somewhere( kohl's?) I really like the looks of it, but it's not compatible with my computer
I love mine and wouldn't be without it. Like Cheryl mentioned they also have the best customer service ever. I had a problem with my original and they replaced it with no problem even though I bought it through Amazon.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."~John "the Penguin" Bingham
Old 08-14-14, 02:31 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI431 View Post
I have a Fitbit Zip I synch with my PC at home. Love it!!

Does the Zip do pretty much what you're looking for it to do? Sorry- that didn't make any sense I'm just comparing the Zip to the wireless tracker and the zip is way more in my price range. Is it pretty user friendly? Thanks! Is it more than a pedometer? Will it track other forms of fitness as well?
Old 08-14-14, 03:30 PM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

I have the One but to my understanding the only thing it does that the Zip doesn't do is track sleep and possibly flights of stairs. I think they all pretty much track your exercise fairly equally, I know the Fitbits aren't great for biking or swimming and I also don't get much credit if I'm doing a workout that doesn't require a lot of movement such as some forms of weight lifting, pilates, and yoga but you can always enter those manually.

Tags
fitbit, fitness trackers