Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-19-20, 08:02 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Linda, I need to dust off (I'm not kidding!) my stability ball and try those Cathe stretches! I do have that dvd and have not used it in ages since I mainly do yoga, not stretching.

I actually did do stretching this morning. I did Tamilee's half hour stretch from her stretch dvd. It felt really nice, but I wish the stretches were held a little longer.
Sherry, sometimes I ignore the next stretch and just hold the one that is feeling good on that Tamilee.

I think you will see some yoga inspired stretches that use the ball for support so that it eliminates the strength aspect and allows you to fully feel the stretch. I know everyone has a different opinion on workouts but I hope you enjoy it.

It's definitely worth dusting off your stability ball. You might have to air it back up some too.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 10:55 AM  
sherry7899

Linda, that is a good idea to hold favorite stretches longer.

I may try the Cathe stretching over the weekend.

This morning I did parts of older workouts:

-Yoga Booty Ballet Live Go Go-I did the yoga warmup and cardio section which is about a half hour total. It was easy to follow and fun I had a good time

-Petra Kolber Just Dance-I did the warmup and first block of cardio. I will definitely revisit this one and do the whole thing. Petra is such a lovely instructor. I can see the moves from this overlap from 3-2-1- Dance and likely from Bootcamp Boogie, which I will try out next.

-Chalene Johnson Hip Hop Hustle Fan Volume 6, round 10. I did about the first twenty minutes of this dvd. I bought this back when Powder Blue was liquidating their stock. It was an impulse buy, since I am lousy at hip hop.
Eh....the music was not loud enough and there wasn't an option to "pump it up." I honestly found Chalene kind of annoying. I used to really like her, but have not enjoyed her workouts in awhile. Was she partnered with BodyBugg at this time? She kept mentioning how many calories you could burn doing this workout and that turned me off. I may try the second round on this dvd another time. The music seemed louder in that one. She seemed forced and fake in this workout. I just have other dance workouts I like a lot more.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 06:10 PM  
acey

I did Denise Austin's Sizzler yesterday. My original copy was so worn out that the visuals were black screens every few seconds. I bought another one on Amazon. Sadly, the original radio hit songs weren't on this, just the generic music, but hey, I could actually see them.

I love the cardio/weight intervals. Yes, her cuing is bad, but the moves are simple enough that you just treat the first rep as a demo. Just a lively, happy video workout. The background exercisers, especially the guy, seem to be having a blast. At one point she talks about bra overhang, then kind of apologizes to the guy, who just cracks a big grin.
Old 02-22-20, 11:56 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I did Amazing Hot Stepping with Nekea Brown today. So fun! It had been at least a few years since I had done it. It's one of those, "Why didn't I do this sooner!" workouts.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 09:26 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I did Amazing Hot Stepping with Nekea Brown today. So fun! It had been at least a few years since I had done it. It's one of those, "Why didn't I do this sooner!" workouts.
Yes, this is a fun one! I love the step routines from that era; lots of great choreography.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 11:51 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
Yesterday I did the warm-up and leg work from Cathe's MIS.
I did this again today. Someday I'll move into the upper body work but I need to modify so much it's just easier to do my own thing.
Old 02-23-20, 01:29 PM  
sherry7899

Today's oldies:

I don't know if this is considered "vintage" but I did Shaun T.'s Rockin Body Cardio Party. I'm not sure of the title, but it is the longest workout on the cardio disc. I picked the pumped up music option, which was kind of stupid of me since I hadn't done the workout before. I could still follow along since the moves are not hard to follow. I will not use that option next time because I want to hear what Shaun is saying I found the workout really fun. It will be great for days when I want to dance but don't have the brain power for harder choreography. The music is enjoyable. Yes, it is totally cheesy, but that did not bother me at all. I will be keeping this and trying the other classes on the disc.

-Yoga Booty Ballet Live Latin-I did the cardio portion, which I had to fast forward to find. I can't believe these dvds are not chaptered! I am not the best at Latin dance, but I could keep up pretty well. I liked it enough that I will do it again and try the whole disc next time.

Between both those workouts, I racked up about 6,000 steps in an hour!

-Cathe Stretch Max-stretch with stability ball-(thanks, Linda!). I need to inflate my stability more! I really liked this stretch. I can't remember the last time I used this dvd. I will use the other stretches soon. This will be good for days when I want something other than yoga (which I do most days!). I am glad I kept this dvd.

Sherry

I forgot all about Nekea Brown! I never bought her workouts because I'm awful at step, but thought they looked really fun.

I previewed a few Dance off the Inches dvds and decided to not even do them. I can't stand the music and the fakeness of the instructors (these are not Jennifer Galardi ones!)

Old 02-23-20, 03:23 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Yes, this is a fun one! I love the step routines from that era; lots of great choreography.

Kim
I really miss the CIA workouts that came out each year! There was lots of new talent to discover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

I forgot all about Nekea Brown! I never bought her workouts because I'm awful at step, but thought they looked really fun.
It was really fun, but my brain could only handle the first three combos, so I repeated the first twenty minutes of it. I'll have to revisit it again soon.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 05:03 PM  
sherry7899

I did another Shaun T Rockin Body Party Express. I enjoyed it. I kept the music at the regular level this time. It is about 25 minutes, so it will be good for days I'm tired or want to add on a little cardio for extra steps. I am so glad I found the two Rockin Body dvds for sealed for fifty cents each! I am curious about the strength workout and may try it next week.

Old 03-09-20, 06:03 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, thank for reminding me of Rockin' Body. I could use a little fun with Shaun T right now!

This morning I did Minna Lessig's Fat Eliminator. This is six 4-minute circuits of strength then cardio. I haven't worked out in a few weeks and was surprised how much this got my heart rate up. I have always loved Minna and this was perfect for me today.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts