Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-13, 02:28 AM  
topfitmama

I think I'm losing my vidiot passion

I feel like my enthusiasm is waning. I haven't felt the urge to buy anything since I got my Ballet Physiques in january, and even though I want to see Tracey Mallett's new Booty Barre, it's not like I feel the need for it.
I have a ton of downloaded workouts that I haven't tried yet. I keep reaching for the same workouts over and over again, and I'm not feeling bored.

It seems like exercising for the sake of exercising is enough for me these days.

Does anyone else feel this way?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 04:40 AM  
pcdoctor01

I'm exercising for my health. Hmmm, do you have a buddy, hubby, etc. that you can workout with?
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 05:27 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hi Ruth, yes this is me too.
I have a ton of workouts downloaded to my Roku that I haven't touched, and aside from my few favorite videos I'm not playing DVDs either. And I'm also not bored! In fact I've been doing a combination of the same 3 videos for a few weeks now and I love the combination and will stick with them for a while. It sounds funny but in a way I'm experiencing a kind of freedom.

It brings me back to my early days of home video exercising, when I only owned a small handful of videos and used them constantly. I stayed focused and made constant improvements, and I liked knowing what I was going to do next.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 05:29 AM  
Helen

Just sounds like you've reached saturation with your collection. Congratulations!

Your comments, especially of "I'm not feeling bored" and "exercising for the sake of exercising is enough for me these days." are very positive things to be saying about your fitness life.

There is no NEED to be an avid collector of sets, of all kinds of workouts, to try everything new on the market. Some people like to more than others and some people can afford to more than others, but everyone has their own priorities and preferences, both financially and otherwise.

So long are you are CONTENT, and maintaining or improving your level of fitness, health, and general well-being - sounds like all is well.

ETA - as to your question - "Does anyone else feel this way?"

YES! I stopped avidly collecting several years ago now, moving to careful choices that filled holes in my collection that I thought needed filling - turned out I was wrong on a few counts there too, but generally, the feeling of hankering for new workouts has pretty well stopped - get a twinge now & then, but I can ignore them with ease.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 05:53 AM  
beatchica

I have for awhile now felt this way. I enjoy collecting workouts, but when it comes to exercising, I prefer to do my own thing.

I have been writing-out my own workouts pretty much on a daily/weekly basis. I will use whatever equipment I feel like using in that moment. I find this kind of training intuitive, fun, and just as beneficial as reaching for a DVD or download. Although, I will still sub in a video here and there, but when I feel like it.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 06:18 AM  
horsemom2

I am totally happy with finding variety through youtube and adding my own music. Even my newest dvds, many of which are unique, do not get revisited and I have no desire to purchase anymore. Heck, I do not even feel motivated to trade.
BUT I am still working out every morning and enjoying the workouts tremendously.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 06:52 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

For me, it's cyclical. I'll go through periods of losing my "vidiot passion" then the feeling comes back. It's been that way since I bought my first Firm in 1986 (?).
Old 04-19-13, 07:24 AM  
sherry7899

I am past the saturation point

The only things I am sort of interested in are yoga dvds by two instructors I have not tried before. However, they both have practices on you tube, so I am going to try to stick to using those instead of buying their dvds for now.

The only upcoming release I'm interested in would be Eoin Finn's dvd this summer (if it comes out this summer). Otherwise, I don't think there is anything.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 07:27 AM  
alisoncooks

This has been me for the past....6+ months.
I have made a couple of purchases in the past year (a couple! in a year!) but I've not really been enthused by anything new. I'm pretty content with what I have. And most of my trades lately (and those have been few & far between) have been reacquisitions of things I traded away for whatever reason.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 07:30 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Ruth, you just need Physique 57 to come out with some new workouts. That will snap you out of it.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote