Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-13, 09:18 AM  
tammy

Streaming Workouts

Just wondering if you are doing any streaming workouts and how you like them. If so what ones and do you feel it is worth the cost.

Thanks
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 09:26 AM  
topfitmama

If you can stream, there are many sites that offer a free couple of days or even a week for you to check them out.
Spirofit has good looking workouts (and I wish they offered downloads!!!!!), some people here like fitnessGlo.
If you are into Barre, Barre3 has really nice workouts.
GaiamTV offers tons of workouts and other material.

My computer doesn't stream well, and I can't really work out in front of it anyway since it became deskbound, so I can't tell you about the streaming quality of these sites. I joined for their free trials because I'm a vidiot who has to check all those things out for herself
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 09:27 AM  
lrb04

I have a like/ dislike for streaming because sometimes it plays okay & other times it stops struts stop starts & then it is not fun. So until they perfect that I prefer DVDs. I have tried Leslie & Jessica Smith with good workouts & not so good streaming. But the exerciser I am I will keep trying the streaming. Oh & the screen I much better on the TV than my IPad little screen.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 10:11 AM  
starbelly

I love myyogaonline.com There variety is fantastic and there are also recipes (a great one for squash soup with coconut milk!) and other non-yoga workouts, mainly pilates and dance. There are big names like Eion Finn, Shiva Rea, Sadie Nardini, Core Fusion and Hemalayaa, but there are other teachers based in Vancouver who make videos specifically for the site (Kreg Weiss and Mara Briscombe are current faves). If you go monthly, it's $9.99, but I paid $75 for the year. They run specials and you can get free trials as long as one month if you are good at doing Google searches.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 11:09 AM  
sunday

I do mostly streaming since my iPad is hooked to my workout tv easily!

I belong to:

My Yoga Online
Yoga Today
Fitness Glo

I love all three!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 05:52 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I love the Gymbox. www.thegymbox.com - 10 a month, they have step, dance, kickbox, weights, treadmill, spin bike, yoga, pilates and core. There are also extreme cardio which are mainly hiit, with and without weights and easy does it classes that are labeled beginner, but might be a bit much for someones just starting out. Gymbox puts out new workouts every Monday (8 or 10) and there are hundreds of existing choices. Drawbacks include being tied to formats both in time and content. Almost all the wt workouts are med wts, lots and lots of reps and pretty much are interchangeble (they do have band/tubing workouts and kettlebells (with not so good form). I don't care for their yoga instructors. Don't do pilates but like everything else

Gaiam tv is great for people who like yoga and pilates and also has other intermediate type workouts, some Firms.

If you have a roku, there are a couple free channels on there.

Jessica Smith and Jenny Ford have streaming workouts on youtube.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 06:30 PM  
Irisg1

I love my Gymbox membership. There is tons of variety for everyone. Definitely worth $10 per month.
Old 02-03-13, 07:09 PM  
SweatyGirl
VF Supporter

bryan kest PYOD

Bryan Kest has a power yoga on demand subscription... I think it's $100/year for video access to his classes. I've tried some of the easier classes and liked them but I'm not advanced enough for the 90+ min. ones. I think he has other teachers' classes from his studio as well. I think you can also see the catalog of classes available to see if the price vs. # of classes is worth it to you.
SweatyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote