Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-11, 02:26 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Tilak Pyle, Eoin Finn, Cathe, Gin Miller, Mindy Mylrea, Rob Glick (had to leave because I couldn't follow his choreography!), Sherrie Baptiste, Sherry Caitlin, Jules somebody, Petra Kolber (I showed her to the light switch in the locker room and had no idea who she was...). Gin Miller tops the list. (I live near Tilak so I can go to his classes anytime, otherwise he'd be #1).

I'm sort of done with the live class thing; I got burnt out on the whole fitness expo idea after having to go for 4 years in a row to maintain my certification.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 02:38 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
In a few weeks, I'm also doing a workshop with Ellen Saltonstall, the Anusara yoga instructor who co-wrote the book Yoga for Osteoporosis.
Oooooh. Would love a workshop report on that when you get back!

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 02:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I will try to remember to report in the Yoga Workshop Reporter thread! I am really excited about it b/c it is a therapeutic workshop using balls--and of course, I already have my balls from Jill Miller!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 03:17 PM  
penl

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
My hometown! penl, do you actually live in Medford? My mom still lives there; in fact, her apartment is just up the road from Kelly's gym. Cathe is in South Jersey as well--if only I still lived there!
I live in the next town over. I have thought about going to Cathe's gym with my SIL (she is a member) but I have never planned a trip there.
penl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 04:47 PM  
DebbieRN

Marissa mentioned Jill Dailey (of The Dailey Method). She will be teaching a class at 8:30 am, Sept 8 (this Thursday) at the Calabasas studio. I just checked and there's still spots available. Also at Calabasas, they're having a free class this Sat (Sept 10) at 11:30, and Mon 9/26, at 11:30. These are free intro classes. I'm going Saturday since I was sick last time they offered free classes there. I'm hoping to pick up the "No Excuses" DVD to save on shipping (yes, more barre for me!)

Besides a few famous bellydance instructor classes, I've only taken one barre class from Richard Giorla at his Studio City Cardio Barre. Let's just say I survived, but barely! Maybe someday Burr Leonard will visit the Burbank Bar Method studio so I can take a class with her. I would love that!

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 05:45 PM  
lingo10

I have taken a class with Fred Devito of "Exhale Core Fusion Fame" Thats all.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 06:53 AM  
azuniga

Took a couple of BarreAmped classes with Suzanne Bowen when she visited a KC studio. She was awesome!
Would love to take a class with Fred and Liz. Love their personality that they show on the Yogavibe classes. Also would love to take a class with Tanya Becker and Leah Sarago.
azuniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 07:17 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

None, except David Whitley who is not well-known in VF land.
Sage Roundtree teaches near where I live. I might take a class or two with her!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 09:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I've taken workshops with Ana Forrest and Tilak Pyle. Ana was tough and sweaty and inspirational, and Tilak was the most amazing yogic experience of my life.

I've also taken a fusion class with Ellen Barrett that was wonderful!!!

In November I'll be taking a yoga class with Ravi and Ana. I think the teachers left on my list that I really want to experience personally are Shiva Rea, Rodney Yee and Ashley Turner. And I would love to take another class with Tilak.

And I doubt it would ever happen - but I'd love to meet Mari Winsor, even outside of a class setting.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 09:38 AM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
And I doubt it would ever happen - but I'd love to meet Mari Winsor, even outside of a class setting.
you never know...

I went to her studio because it was closest to where I lived (same for Richard Simmons and Jane Fonda back in the day). I was doing reformer work with one of the guys and sometimes came early... I heard a voice asking who the Ghia belonged to and I said me. Thus we started chatting and found we had a lot of tastes in common (though we disagreed on our favourite Patti Smith album ). After that, we'd often chat before or after my session.

We introduced ourselves but it still didn't click who she was (duh! name of studio!)... Finally, one day, she asked me why I didn't go to her classes... So I went, loved it, but my schedule changed and I couldn't go any more... I didn't find out she had dvds out or, indeed, that she was even a "name" until after I'd moved to Paris.

To me, she was just a really cool lady who had a pilates studio... From what I know of you and remember about her -- you two would really get along well
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote