Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-11, 08:27 AM  
Lulu Belle

Good downloads to take on vacation?

Does anybody have any recommendations for downloads that offer a decent workout that can done in a hotel room? I don't want to take any equipment except perhaps some tubing. I'd love body resistance for weight work and hopefully some good cardio.

Thanks! I've never purchased any downloads before, but they seem like a good choice for this trip.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 08:49 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

Definitely Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit. It's a tough workout and no equipment is required. Some people like Travel Fit for a complementary strength-training workout, but I never warmed up to it. Firm It Up (Slim Series) is better, I think, although it's lower-body focused.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 09:03 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
Does anybody have any recommendations for downloads that offer a decent workout that can done in a hotel room? I don't want to take any equipment except perhaps some tubing. I'd love body resistance for weight work and hopefully some good cardio.

Thanks! I've never purchased any downloads before, but they seem like a good choice for this trip.
Have you checked Exercise TV? They have a lot of downloads. Cindy Whitmarsh's "more is less cardio" can be done in a small space, requires no equipment, and delivers a terrific cardio workout. There are workouts to suit all different tastes on there. There is also a band workout (40 minutes long, I think) that requires only a chair and a band.

If you are into Pilates, www.ultimatepilatesworkouts.com has workouts you can stream on your computer for free and download for $5 or 6 each.

Suzanne Bowen has short downloads available at www.suzannebowenfitness.com many of which don't require any equipment other than a chair and light weights, but weights are often optional.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 09:33 AM  
Lulu Belle

Thanks! I will go and check these out right away!
Old 07-13-11, 09:33 AM  
Sophie

I have these on my iTouch and laptop - they make for good minimal equipment workouts on the road:

Balletbody
Classical stretch
Tonique Mat and Cardiomat, plus various webisodes
TA webisodes
Yoga: Jill Miller Quick Fix, Strong Knees

in a departure from usual form, I actually went to the trouble of ripping KCM's Oly lift to my laptop (I don't usually bother with actual iron weights while on vacation)

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 11:18 AM  
daisysunshine

Classical Stretch has webisodes on the computer {free} as does Tonique.
Ballet Body is great too.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 12:19 PM  
Lulu Belle

Wow! This is great. I have never tried Tonique and I have been really interested. I have also never tried Tracy Anderson, ballet body or classical stretch...I could be having some excellent fun while my little children pass out from hours of swimming at the hotel pool and playing with their grandparents!
Old 07-13-11, 02:36 PM  
Sophie

I am not sufficiently motivated to do them, but there are lots of fans of BodyRock (also free webisodes), which are mainly body weight type exercises. Hopefully some of them (neatski? Debbie S?) can come talk more about them.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 02:40 PM  
PeakFitness

Exercise TV:
Stephanie Vitorino Bootylicious Buns (It comes on one DVD or as 3 seperate downloads. It's all bodyweight stuff. Cindy Whitmarsh also has a bodyweight lower body workout on there, can't think of the name. Nicole Stewart Pilates Abs. Really, any Pilates workout would probably work. Marco Reed Total Body Band. Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. (Would jumping around like jumping jacks cause a problem?)
Old 07-13-11, 03:22 PM  
Lulu Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakFitness View Post
Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. (Would jumping around like jumping jacks cause a problem?)
No, I don't think jumping jacks would be an issue and thanks for the other recommendations, too. I really like the idea of free stuff (who doesn't!) so I think I have a whole new world of exercise options that have just opened up for me!

Tags
downloadable workouts, downloads, travel, travel workouts