Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-12-11, 01:40 PM  
DachsieDogMom

Nice to know I'm not alone. I'm just back to working out after a long break due to foot problems. I don't think I'll be trying that evil p57 classics dvd again. I think it will be a while before I try any P57 again, I need to build some stamina first.
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 01:52 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget012 View Post

Mine is Squeeze Original. I really need to trade it, but it looks so darn pretty in my collection...
Spoken like a true videot
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 03:02 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm afraid of Insanity and I don't know why. I did the first workout once and it really wasn't that bad - by which I mean that I modified, and took breaks, and survived. So why won't I do another one? Or do that one again?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 03:02 PM  
Ctfitnut
VF Supporter

Originally posted by Judy W.

Quote:
I shake in my Nikes every time I think about doing Athletica! I have it, and I love Ilaria, but the rave reviews all discuss how TOUGH this workout is and how much PAIN is felt during and after -- and then there's ALL THOSE PUSHUPS. I can't even bring myself to load it in my dvd player!
I think you really need to try Athletica - you may be surprised! I really enjoy the workout. I think it is tough but doable. If the pushups are a deal breaker for you, then don't do them! Do something else instead (like planks). I like this one but did not feel any pain during or after and I did those pushups.
Old 05-12-11, 03:45 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

More afraid the stack of unused videos will fall and crush me than of an actual workout.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 04:41 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I'm afraid of a lot of workouts because I have had a few strains and sprains over the years from following video workouts, but I have not had any problems when I work out on my own with my own routines. So, I tend to concentrate on my own workouts and supplement with videos for abs and total body strength routines. I'm still afraid of Chalene Xtreme and P90X Shoulders & Arms because those are the ones that resulted in shoulder injuries.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 04:46 PM  
jenn38

I think for me it is my kettlebell workouts. I do them and I like them but I fear of hurting myself if my form is not good.