Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-11, 10:19 AM  
Judy W.

I shake in my Nikes every time I think about doing Athletica! I have it, and I love Ilaria, but the rave reviews all discuss how TOUGH this workout is and how much PAIN is felt during and after -- and then there's ALL THOSE PUSHUPS. I can't even bring myself to load it in my dvd player!

I keep thinking I'll get brave one of these fine days. And who knows -- it may be a favorite. It's happened before! The Imaxes come to mind....
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 10:21 AM  
Pippadog

Hi

IMAX 3. All that jumping and hopping scares me every time and I just couldn't get to grips with it. Still got it, but can safely say its out of my league.

Laura
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 10:22 AM  
juberann

There have been a few BootyBarre was one of the most recent ones but my biggie are Rebounding workouts, won't touch them, terrified of them, in fact. Used a Rebounder years ago and came down HARD on the side of my ankle while jumping, heard and felt the snap, that feeling (and sound) stays with me I know Rebounding is very effective and very good on the joints but I wouldn't buy another Rebounder for anything.
P57 carried a huge dread factor for me, Jari Love's workouts do, as well. There are actually workouts that I dreaded doing so badly I would make every excuse in the book to just not exercise, that's now a red flag to me that the workouts I dread that much just aren't for me so I never force myself to do them anymore. I made it through BootyBarre but, honestly, struggled so badly I couldn't bring myself to do it more then the couple of times that I did. I love challege but don't want a workout to be so painful and difficult that I come to hate it.
Old 05-12-11, 10:24 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I hurt my hip doing the Navy Seal's Ultimate Aerobics. DH still does that one and, when I hear it, I have to wince!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 10:40 AM  
isebelleg44

INSANITY!!!!!!!!!! I have done all the workouts at least once, but while I love how I feel when I am done, they have a huge dread factor. I think I am so afraid of them because of the crazy warm up. I definitely would do them more, if the warm up wasn't so insane! So why do I keep opening the Asylum threads?
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 01:02 PM  
fidget012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I was afraid of P57 Thigh & Seat. I had it a few months and couldn't bring myself to do it, not even once! I finally traded it away (just today)...if I won't do it, there's no need to keep it!
Ack !! I'm the the one that you traded it to!!

Mine is Squeeze Original. About once every six months, I use it & I ALWAYS tweak my lower back. I really need to trade it, but it looks so darn pretty in my collection...

Last edited by fidget012; 05-12-11 at 01:03 PM. Reason: grammar issue!!
fidget012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 01:25 PM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippadog View Post
Hi

IMAX 3. All that jumping and hopping scares me every time and I just couldn't get to grips with it. Still got it, but can safely say its out of my league.

Laura

Ditto – loved IMAX 2 and wanted to like this one but after hurting my knee during the workout on 2 different occasions, I got rid of it!! Ya don’t mess with the knees!
Old 05-12-11, 01:36 PM  
videofit

Margaret Richard's Sculpture Upper Body. It's by far the toughest workout I have. Not afraid of Sculpture Lower Body, though.
Old 05-12-11, 01:37 PM  
jaburke66

Afraid of Insanity and Asylum...gonna do 'em anyway! (I can hear my cellulite screeching as I type...)
Old 05-12-11, 01:38 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget012 View Post
Ack !! I'm the the one that you traded it to!!
LOL, I wasn't afraid cause it looked dangerous (just afraid it'd be killer tough)...I have confidence you'll be braver than I...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote