Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-11, 07:55 PM  
evamc77

How does Pure Barre Original compare to BM Dancer's Body?

I just did Pure Barre Original for the first time, and I love it! I've gotten more and more into barre type workouts over the last few months. I have and love Physique 57, Squeeze + Squeeze Stronger, PB Pershing Sq2, and most recently PB Original.

Now I'm wondering how PB Original compares to Bar Method Dancer's Body? That seems to be the final barre workout on my wish list. I've been on the fence about getting Dancer's Body because of the price and shipping cost... is it worth it? Do I need it? How is it different/ better than the barre workouts I already have?

Is there anything else I should consider getting? I want hard + challenging. I returned Xtend Barre because I didn't find it challenging enough and don't think I would have gotten results from it. I also have Booty Barre and like it, but I'm just not crazy about Tracey...I wish they were making more P57 DVDs already :-)

Looking forward to your input!
evamc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 09:28 PM  
MARIKA

Original PB Is my favorite Barre ever. I still use it all the time. I got PS2 about 2 weeks ago and luv it as well. I had DB traded it & kind of wish I had it back.Just for the standing plie series. I found the instructor EXTREMELY annoying I did get Booty Barre a few weeks ago and really like it. It's long but it's a great tough workout as far as barre goes. I also love the Squeezes too but don't do them that often.
Old 05-07-11, 10:45 PM  
butterflygirl

I don't have DB, but gosh! Do I adore Pure Barre!! I actually never, ever use any of my bar method workouts. I just can't stand them. I always use Pure Barre if I'm in the mood for some barre time.

"I'm not wearing Spanx. I'm wearing Pure Barre! " - Me

"I don't watch the scale. I watch what I eat, what I do, and what I look like in the mirror." - Me
butterflygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 11:03 PM  
KellyMarie65

I don't know about the others but can say I wasn't thrilled with Xtend Barre
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 03:09 AM  
Tan

I love the leg and glute work in the original Pure Barre, it takes thity minutes and really packs a punch. I still do it. I didn't get the new BM's as I never really felt the love for the originals.
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 10:46 AM  
Vanity68

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
I don't know about the others but can say I wasn't thrilled with Xtend Barre
What didnt you like about it? :-(
Old 05-08-11, 08:44 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I think Dancer's Body is more challenging than Pure Barre original.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 05:29 AM  
JP44

I LOVE PB Original--mostly for the thigh, standing seat + floorwork seat. Fast, killer & effective. No wasted time and not dragged out.

Did DB once & sold it. Felt repetitious by comparison & not enough seat work IMO. (Marnie also talked very fast, which annoyed me.)

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 05:43 AM  
Tugger31

Workout you thought would be good...BUT....

Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 08:01 PM  
evamc77

I caved and got BM Dancer's Body a few days ago. I happened to be in LA close to one of their studios. Saved myself the shipping charges and got it directly at the studio.
I LOVE IT!!! Just the right amount of challenge; I had to stop a few times during the thigh and seat work, which to me is a good thing so I still have something to work up to. What a perfect barre workout!
evamc77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar method, dancer's body, pure barre, tbm, the bar method