Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-14, 03:46 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I have the Garmin Vivofit and sync it directly with my computer.
Old 08-14-14, 04:07 PM  
raeven

I've tried a number of the different trackers. Hands down, I like fitbit the best. I currently am using the Fitbit One and love it. As does my hubby. It's simple and straight forward. You don't have to use the phone app. Once you buy the fitbit and go to their website to register and setup your account and download the software...once you're all set up, all you have to do is make sure the little usb dongle is always plugged in to your computer and it will automatically upload you steps and stats to your account every 15 mins as long as you are in range of your computer. It's truly that simple.

I believe the differences between the zip and the one are the one tracks sleeping, flights of stairs, and allows you to set vibrating alarms. Also, I'm not positive if the zip has a light so you can see at night in the dark. Hopefully others with the zip will chime in if you can read it easily in the dark or not! Everything else is the same though. So if you don't care about the extra stuff, then go for the zip. Many many have it and love it!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 04:35 PM  
slysam

I am an overly enthusiastic Fitbit fan. I've had a Fitbit for about four years now. I use to sync through my laptop computer all the time before I had a smart phone. Synching through a phone is a little more convenient, but it is not necessary. I just posted a personal review of the Fitbit One on my blog: http://slysamgettingfit.blogspot.com...bitreview.html , I hope it isn't spamming to post as I do have an Amazon Affiliates link at the bottom of the post. The link is quite easily ignored though. PS--I just noticed the Burgandy One (which is what I have) is currently priced $10 less than I paid on Amazon, not to enable. Their prices are kind of quirky.

Oh the difference between the One and Zip... I don't have a Zip but the One has a rechargeable battery. I charge mine about once a week while in the shower. The Zip's battery is replaceable. The One tracks flights of stairs/hills and has a sleep/activity timer and the Zip doesn't have those features. I don't know whether the Zips display lights up or not.

Last edited by slysam; 08-14-14 at 04:42 PM. Reason: PS
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 05:05 PM  
jackier
VF Supporter

Just wanted to add

Because of Cheryl's comment on a previous thread about the lost fitbit, I contacted customer service about a fitbit one I had lost in Miami 5 weeks previously. All I had to do was provide my sign in information to my account and within a week and a half, a BRAND NEW FITBIT arrived in my mailbox!! I was so thrilled as I've had fitbits for years, and not in a position to purchase a new one. Just the best customer service ever!! Also, I've had a problem or two in the past with my previous fitbits and they would promptly get back to me with things to try (some worked, some didn't) and if it didn't get fixed, they sent me out a new one. (It happened maybe two other times.)
jackier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 06:30 PM  
DI431

I had a fitbit one it counts stairs and sleep, but I felt like the steps were not accurate. I love the zip, no problems, I link it with my fitness pal and log my food/calories. Based on my activity, it tells me if I keep eating that way I will gain or lose. Plus I love the smiley faces, or when he sticks his tongue out when you are not moving enough. Forgot to add, I like the size of the zip, I clip it to my waistband or clip it to that little pocket on jeans.
DI431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 07:29 PM  
flamingoo

Thanks everyone, you are all so helpful. I'm also glad to hear it works well with myfitnesspal! I think I'm going to look into the Zip. So glad to know Customer service is good as well.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-14, 12:30 AM  
ADoll

I also have the Zip and love it! I didn't need one to count my sleep because I already know my sleep pattern is bad (work night shift). It really encourages me to move more when I see my step counts are too low. There is no back up light for when it's dark but I don't mind. I also love how it syncs with My Fitness Pal.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-14, 02:32 AM  
SweatyGirl
VF Supporter

I love my fitbit! I had the Zip and loved that but replaced it with the One when I realized how many stairs I was using..

For biking I attach the fitbit to my sock or shoelaces and that seems to work better... I usually spin rather than bike though, so I'm not worried about losing it in that situation.
SweatyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-14, 04:08 PM  
cmiyachi

I have a jawbone up 24 and I love it. I used to have a BodyMedia and it never died - for years I had it - had to charge it everyday. Tracked food with Calorie King. But with the JawBone, I can track food with My Fitness Pal (a linked app) and fitness activities with Map My Fitness and the JawBone tracks everything together.

My daughter and husband have it as well and we are buddies and encourage each other.

It syncs wirelessly to my android phone.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-14, 03:35 PM  
flamingoo

So I ended up purchasing a zip a month or two ago and really like it! I do have one question about the zip. Is it suppose to reset calories burned every day? I don't wear it to bed. Thanks!
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness trackers