Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-12, 08:45 PM  
old lady

Well, it makes sense if she is back at the Firm. They probably have some kind of thing that prevents her from putting out a competing product.
old lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 05:03 AM  
Sara1000

Powerfit Harmony Comes with 3 bands - Stephanie uses the medium one. The bands are much shorter than the usual ones, which makes them more challenging. For some things she doubles them up as well. The medium seems tough enough for me, but I haven't tried the strongest one.

Cathe's non latex bands are supposed to be not as stretchy as the usual bands.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 12:02 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Thanks for posting this thread.

There's a couple of rotations on this thread that use all three PowerFit sets.
I bought PowerFit and PowerFit Harmony at Mary's sale last week. I don't have PowerFit Plus. PowerFit Plus apparently has a Cardio Kick routine and a Total Express routine.

Does anyone have any suggestions for substitutions for these from the other two sets (PowerFit and PowerFit Harmony)?

Thanks.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 01:29 PM  
PeakFitness

I got PowerFit (not Harmony) from Mary's sale. I did the cardio DVD yesterday. It seemed to move really fast, for being beginner level. And it felt like she was intro'ing a new move every 8 counts! I like the workouts, though. Definitely easy to fit one in, or 2!
Old 07-09-12, 07:01 PM  
Bliss6789

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
Thanks for posting this thread.

There's a couple of rotations on this thread that use all three PowerFit sets.
I bought PowerFit and PowerFit Harmony at Mary's sale last week. I don't have PowerFit Plus. PowerFit Plus apparently has a Cardio Kick routine and a Total Express routine.

Does anyone have any suggestions for substitutions for these from the other two sets (PowerFit and PowerFit Harmony)?

Thanks.

Ann
Any of the cardio workouts would work as a substitute for Cardio Kick but since none of the dvds from PF original and Harmony are total body workouts, none of those are a good substitute for Total Express.

A couple of 20 min. intermediate-level total body workouts I use quite often are Stephanie Vitorino's Strong & Sexy and Stephanie Vitorino's Perfect 10. They are similar enough to PF Plus Total Express (combination moves, mild cardio effect) to make nice substitutes, I think.

Old 07-09-12, 07:40 PM  
Kathleen Ann

I got the Powerfits from Marys sale and the bands must have been changed because mine are long. I have to really shorten up on them to feel anything. The next time I use them I will have to break out the green stronger band.

They were way too easy for me but I'll re-evaluated after using the green band. I may use light weights also.
Old 07-09-12, 08:28 PM  
CharM

Last week I did 12 of the 15 PFs I own (don't own Plus, don't want to) and I think even with heavier resistance, they're easy. That's ok, easy is not a four letter word. Sometimes I want easy, sometimes we need easy, easy is not always a bad thing.

Cleda is right, very Firm -like, same phrases and cuing. I hadn't done a Firm workout in a while, so I didn't remember what she meant by "sweep the arms", "body wave", "full form squat", and so on.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-12, 06:00 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I bought the original PowerFit and Harmony sets last month, I have only done a couple of the workouts but I like them. They are pretty easy but that's what I need sometimes. And considering how short they are it's easy to do a couple of them if you have more time. I mainly bought the series to get me back into the regular habit, but I am sure they will be quite useful overall, plus my collection consists of more 20-30 minute workouts these days than 45 minute plus ones.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, power fit, power fit harmony, power fit plus, powerfit, powerfit harmony, powerfit plus, step without a step, stephanie huckabee, travel workouts